Antonio brown helmet issue \ GM fight \ suspension \ RELEASED: MERGED

NYallDay

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Two wrongs still don't make a right.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Lmaoo oh really tell that some other posters who wasn’t trying to here that yesterday and swore up and down mayock did nothing wrong . 

Kudos to Gruden for bossing up and putting both kids in there place .

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What if your kid had brain damage?  Would that change how you dealt with his behavioral issues?

We have no idea if Brown does, but he definitely seems like a lunatic.  

What if he’s just a spoiled asshole that’s been pampered by every coach and school because he could play a game? 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Is there any actual reason to think that Brown is mentally ill? What's stigmatizing is throwing it out there apropos of nothing when somebody is simply acting like a dick.

It should be an affirmative defense.

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

If I'm the Raiders/Mayock the words and idiotic comments from Brown go in one ear and out the other. They knew he was a bit crazy. Just outright skipping practices/no call-no show- puts them in a spot where they have to move on. I mean that's the deal- the teams pays you to show up and play football. Curse, kick, scream, just show up. Or construct a contract that doesnt require you to practice. 

He missed a practice and a walk through.  The practice was when he was filing his grievance about the helmet and the walk through was in Winnipeg.  The walk through is bad, but I think he might be excused for the practice and that is nothing compared to what many/most of these guys do. I'm sure Wilkerson and Polite would be proud of a record like that.

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Of course.  But somebody, anybody close to AB needs to step up and step in!  His wife, his friends, his agent Drew Rosenhaus, etc....step in.  Get the guy some help.

Drew Rosenhaus already did.  Who do you think wrote the "emotional apology?"

2 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

From what I have heard they can cut him before Sunday and not pay him a dime.  He hasn't received any money from them yet.  I don't see how if they void the contract before the year and before they pay him it could effect the salary cap.  if he is on the roster sunday, his ~$15MM is guaranteed because of the CBA and his veteran status.

I don't believe that in the slightest.  There may be ways to get out of the contract, but it won't be that simple.  When the Raiders traded for him and gave him the new deal, the first two years were guaranteed.  That is $30M and I don't believe that all that they have to do is cut him before Sunday to get out of it. 

I'm a little concerned about the emotional apology.  Was he tearful?  I am worried that indicates a breakdown.  Wanting to punch Mike Mayock in the face seems pretty natural to me.

• Post of the Week 1

I said when this story broke, Gruden was a ghost, and as it played out you just knew he was going to leave Mayock hanging.

Gruden had a choice here, he brought in both Mayock and Brown. When it came time for either or, he left Mayock hanging. If Mayock isn't back on the NFL Network or some other channel, and stays with the Raiders, he'll be a laughing stock.

I always liked Gruden, and have defended him many times here. After this, I've changed my opinion of him.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I said when this story broke, Gruden was a ghost, and as it played out you just knew he was going to leave Mayock hanging.

Gruden had a choice here, he brought in both Mayock and Brown. When it came time for either or, he left Mayock hanging. If Mayock isn't back on the NFL Network or some other channel, and stays with the Raiders, he'll be a laughing stock.

I always liked Gruden, and have defended him many times here. After this, I've changed my opinion of him.

I question your judgment. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

He missed a practice and a walk through.  The practice was when he was filing his grievance about the helmet and the walk through was in Winnipeg.  The walk through is bad, but I think he might be excused for the practice and that is nothing compared to what many/most of these guys do. I'm sure Wilkerson and Polite would be proud of a record like that.

I don't believe that in the slightest.  There may be ways to get out of the contract, but it won't be that simple.  When the Raiders traded for him and gave him the new deal, the first two years were guaranteed.  That is $30M and I don't believe that all that they have to do is cut him before Sunday to get out of it. 

I'm a little concerned about the emotional apology.  Was he tearful?  I am worried that indicates a breakdown.  Wanting to punch Mike Mayock in the face seems pretty natural to me.

Was under the impression he's missed multiple practices. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Was under the impression he's missed multiple practices. 

The only two I saw mentioned were a walk through before the Packers game in Winnipeg, and a practice the day before he filed the first helmet grievance.  That is all that Mayock's letter mentioned.  $14K for the walk through and $40K for the day of camp.  It is possible that there were more and they let them slide and now are trying to document the "conduct detrimental to the team" to go after the guarantee, but the way Mayock is working I think the leak would have included it.

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Heard it numerous times and I was thinking he must have had no signing bonus because I thought it was weird too.  But when you think of it, everything we have heard about his new contract was $15MM/yr for 2 years.  Not, "with the signing bonus it is about $15MM per over 2 years".  They were def playing the part of Oakland having 2 days to pull the cord with the conduct clauses written into the contract and it wouldn't have a problem passing any tests.  Players basic contracts they get paychecks per game.  That's why if youre a dolphin and play in FL you dont pay state taxes on home games but have to pay NJ when they play away games against the Jets(I think).

To have Gruden undermine Mayocks authority is unconscionable. Makes both men look weak and unable to lead. My opinion is that Mayock will never get a meaningful front office job again. Also Gruden will be known as a saboteur and no self respecting GM will hire him if this coaching job doesn’t work out which I don’t think it will 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I don't know how much blame Gruden should get if at all, but Gruden didn't help matters and in a way he helped created this type of environment.

Mayock is the GM, but let's be honest, he is a GM in name only. Gruden runs the show out there. Mike has to run everything through Gruden. He never wanted AB to begin with. It was Gruden that pushed for AB, and Mayock made it happen. He's essentially a puppet.

Gruden runs the show. Like you said, he brought both these guys in. He knows the type of person that AB is. AB most likely knew that Mayock didn't want him, and probably didn't respect him either. So it's no wonder AB reacted the way he did, especially if Mayock did make things personal and disrespect him (which we still don't know what was really said).

Gruden knew the type of people he was dealing with, but when ish hits the fan he's nowhere to be found. Honestly, he's the one that should have dealt with this whole situation from the start. He probably used Mayock on some "good cop bad cop" type ish, and now that the situation went all wrong, he's trying to smooth it over. Thereby throwing Mayock under the bus. So yes, this whole situation makes him look really bad IMO

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, CSNY said:

To have Gruden undermine Mayocks authority is unconscionable. Makes both men look weak and unable to lead. My opinion is that Mayock will never get a meaningful front office job again. Also Gruden will be known as a saboteur and no self respecting GM will hire him if this coaching job doesn’t work out which I don’t think it will 

What if I told you that Mayock had no real authority to begin with?

Gruden brought Mayock in, not the other way around. He's running the show for all intents and purposes

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, DMan77 said:

For some reason my money is on him playing Monday... I just think he and his PR team will go on an apologetic blitz for the next few days, and he'll suit up. 

Lol at his PR team. The PR team is the NFL and they tell him what to do. There was no team meeting, there was no Gruden this or Mayoc  that. He'll play to increase the storybook drama and to mock you. If Raiders win , It's win it's  a mock you to the betters. If they lose it's  Johnny football  fans belief in the narrative that AB caused it. A guy getting paid millions would not decide on his own to let the world think he was an idiot over a helmet.  

5 minutes ago, King P said:

Gruden brought Mayock in, not the other way around. He's running the show for all intents and purposes

More made up conflict drama. Neither us running anything.  They are both actors. Can' you take a hint with a the commercials and shows Gruden does. It's' acting. GM is the fakest none job on earth.  

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, King P said:

That would be fine. The point is that the front office should be united. Gruden should have Mayocks back and vice versa. Cannot have players threaten coaches or else you have complete anarchy. Don’t believe this would happen with Parcells Bill Walsh Bill Cowher Belichek. Brown would have been cut immediately 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DMan77 said:

For some reason my money is on him playing Monday... I just think he and his PR team will go on an apologetic blitz for the next few days, and he'll suit up. 

He's batsh*t. A lot of time between now and Monday night. Werder's new report. My dumbass drafted him in fantasy #whocares so I'd prefer he play, but I'd be shocked if he plays a snap for Oakland.

It's kind of getting cringe worthy at this point.  I don't think he's a punk any more.  I think he has serious mental issues and hopefully he gets some help.  First thing to do is delete any and all social media accounts and stop watching the "news" about him. 

He acts like someone on adderall so if that's true he may want to flush those pills next.

• Upvote 1