Jets Aquire Demaryius Thomas

SR24

2 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

D Thomas = done, scrap heap, waste of a 6th round pick

A Brown = Pats 19-0, mail it in, why even bother playing them

Yet they are the same age...

#SOJF

Comparing the two players is bonkers. Thomas’ numbers have declined every year since 2014. Antonio Brown’s have not. I don’t think Thomas is done, but he’s no Larry Fitzgerald. 

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, T0mShane said:

It should also be pointed out that Douglas got one over on Belichick, as there’s no way in hell Belichick hands him Thomas if he knows the Jets are losing Enunwa for the year. 

So, you are going to support every other Jets GM?  Tannenbaum - NO, Idzik - YES, Maccagnan - NO, Douglas - YES.  I guess you were a huge Bradway man, right?

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It should also be pointed out that Douglas got one over on Belichick, as there’s no way in hell Belichick hands him Thomas if he knows the Jets are losing Enunwa for the year. 

Wait until we find out that Ms. Taylor’s legal team is headed by Joe Douglass’ brother in law. 

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Comparing the two players is bonkers. Thomas’ numbers have declined every year since 2014. Antonio Brown’s have not. I don’t think Thomas is done, but he’s no Larry Fitzgerald. 

No coincidence Peyton Manning to Brock Osweiler and Trevor Simeon, right?

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

or if BB knew about the allegations against AB.  

I figure that he did.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I'm still shocked that he traded with us. Makes me worry that Thomas is 10000000% shot

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I figure that he did.

I'm still shocked that he traded with us. Makes me worry that Thomas is 10000000% shot

imo the bottom line with the bellichicken is that he knew he had to make cap room for brown so he made the trade instead of releasing thomas outright.  sometimes things do work out in the jets favor.

9 minutes ago, rangerous said:

imo the bottom line with the bellichicken is that he knew he had to make cap room for brown so he made the trade instead of releasing thomas outright.  sometimes things do work out in the jets favor.

I'm hopeful about Thomas, but I can't help but fear the worst possible outcome.

The loss last Sunday took a lot out of me, lol

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I'm hopeful about Thomas, but I can't help but fear the worst possible outcome.

The loss last Sunday took a lot out of me, lol

well we can always laugh when the patsies say they knew absolutely nothing about brown before they signed him (not likely).  and while this sounds like just another money grab, if there's any fire to go with the smoke it could be real entertaining.

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

well we can always laugh when the patsies say they knew absolutely nothing about brown before they signed him (not likely).  and while this sounds like just another money grab, if there's any fire to go with the smoke it could be real entertaining.

Yeah, but it doesn't affect the Pats that much, either way.

They were one of the favorites to win it all before AB and were as impressive as any team in the league in week 1 without him. Even if he ends up not playing a down for them, it was still a gamble worth taking. 

7 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Antonio Brown had Ben Rothlesberger throwing to him, what has DT had at QB since 2014?

5 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I figure that he did.

Oh please. Belichick doesn't have the power to see into the future nor does he have the gift of the second sight. I hope Thomas balls on the Pats. Show em up!

Just now, TNJet said:

Oh please. Belichick doesn't have the power to see into the future nor does he have the gift of the second sight. I hope Thomas balls on the Pats. Show em up!

Well, when I wrote this, I was falsely under the impression that the league knew about it before they actually did. 

I agree with you, the Pats knew nothing when they made that trade

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Well it's really worth pointing out how Douglass in 1 week of reg season as signed us our best starting WR from a league rival team. 

It's sounds better when you say it like that and not the guy was probably one of there worst and still better than all of our guys.

That's nonsense. Over the past couple of years, Robbie and Crowder have been more productive than Demaryous.

Most of our problems on offense have to do with our awful O-line.

That's nonsense. Over the past couple of years, Robbie and Crowder have been more productive than Demaryous.

Saying below avg production from Robbie is greater than DT doesn't make our problems at WR any better... If anything it amplifies the situation. Yes the oline sucks.. just means both positions are lacking.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Is he going to play?

I'd be amazed if he doesn't.

Already familiar with Gase's scheme, and we have literally no-one else to replace Quincy on the outside - unless we fancy starting Bellamy or Berrios opposite Robby.

11 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

That isn't really true.  Over the past two years: 

Thomas: 1628+10TDs

Anderson: 1693+13TDs

Crowder: 1177_5TDs

Yes, Crowder missed some games in 2018, and Thomas is a bit of a target hog.  Still, if you go back before that, Thomas put up numbers for five years that were probably better than anything that Crowder or Anderson ever did.  His numbers in 2017 were better than Enunwa ever put up, and his 2018 wasn't much worse.  For a team in our situation he might fit the bill.  They should certainly be looking to develop some younger players for the future. He spent most of 2016 and 2017 catching passes from Siemian and went for a combined 2K with 10 TDs.

Archived