Sam Darnold has Mono: MERGED

This thread is  now right up there as a personal favorite along with last years "Browns-Jets game thread" and the "Gase Introductory PC" thread.

An all star cast bringing there A game. It's got everything, the Joe-Whofan debate is the obvious headliner, with TOm in fine form, various posters giving mono prognosis' as they play doctor on the internet, people debating Sam's future with the Jets, and butt fumbles galore...

I love this place!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Sam Darnold is under a rookie contract correct me if i'm wrong 3-4 years. 

Are you willing to throw big money at him if he sits out this season and you have no basis on what to pay him or what he deserves. 

Look im all in on the Sam Darnold train ive been all in on the NY Jets for 56 years. 

I just made a post Trevor Lawrence or Jake Fromm next man up if we need to. 

We control Darnold for essentially 7 seasons. He is on a 4 year contract with a 5th year club triggered option. Some players get new contacts in their third year but we are likely looking at Darnold staying on his rookie contract probably into his 4th year at least.

20 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

We control Darnold for essentially 7 seasons. He is on a 4 year contract with a 5th year club triggered option. Some players get new contacts in their third year but we are likely looking at Darnold staying on his rookie contract probably into his 4th year at least.

Thanks for clarification. 

I had mono when I was 26. First of all, the doctors told me it’s generally worse when you get it older. However, it really varies from person to person. I’m also not sure that 22 is even outside the normal range of getting it.

It’s bad enough seeing other fans pile on and act like this is Darnold’s fault or make light of the illness (childish “kissing disease” nonsense). That is literally not how it works, as other posters have already said. It can be contracted through any fluids — someone sneezing on / near you, sharing food / drink, etc. In my case, I was never even sure how I got it.

Taking it one step further, some posters here are using this as a “he can’t stay healthy thing” like that isn’t the most outlandishly stupid point you could try to make. Outside of keeping himself in a bubble, there is no way to surefire protect yourself from catching a virus like this... yes even if you aren’t kissing people.

The news itself is frustrating enough, to see the ignorance not just from NFL fans but our own fans too just makes threads like this near unreadable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Robbins said:

I had mono when I was 26. First of all, the doctors told me it’s generally worse when you get it older. However, it really varies from person to person. I’m also not sure that 22 is even outside the normal range of getting it.

It’s bad enough seeing other fans pile on and act like this is Darnold’s fault or make light of the illness (childish “kissing disease” nonsense). That is literally not how it works, as other posters have already said. It can be contracted through any fluids — someone sneezing on / near you, sharing food / drink, etc. In my case, I was never even sure how I got it.

Taking it one step further, some posters here are using this as a “he can’t stay healthy thing” like that isn’t the most outlandishly stupid point you could try to make. Outside of keeping himself in a bubble, there is no way to surefire protect yourself from catching a virus like this... yes even if you aren’t kissing people.

The news itself is frustrating enough, to see the ignorance not just from NFL fans but our own fans too just makes threads like this near unreadable.

A new poster that isn't coming to the board with the brain of someone who eats dirt?

99sr97yz9dp01.thumb.png.9f25c6f30172e168a0c4ef69bc156000.png

• Haha 1

A new poster that isn't coming to the board with the brain of someone who eats dirt?
99sr97yz9dp01.thumb.png.9f25c6f30172e168a0c4ef69bc156000.png

I’ve actually been registered here since 2013, lurking for longer than that. I just don’t post very often. What I like about this board is it has true and unique character. However, it also makes negative Nancy look like regular Nancy. Lots of overreacting. Just this season alone I read about how week 1 is a must win (lol) and how Darnold needs to stop kissing loose women and think about the team.

• Post of the Week 1

So one Dr on fat Mike's show says what he would recommend and many other Drs say there 21-28 window for spleen rupture and extreme rare cases beyond that. Let's just let it play out... My gut says NE on Monday night.... But he will push for Eagles but with Cowboys as a settle because knowing how this kid acts and says... It will be extremely difficult to keep him off the field... The fact that they arent doing IR tells me they have no intention to keep him out the year or months for that matter