Sam Darnold has Mono: MERGED

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Matt has the highest batting percentage I’ve ever seen when it comes to being right about Jets sh*t, fwiw

Things trending in the wrong direction brings out the fan police finger wagging. We've seen it all. Get on the field and prove it. That's all.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, AL047 said:

Did anyone on here notice that this is the second time Sam Darnold can't complete a whole season. Last season he missed games because he got hurt and now he's missing games because he contracted Mono. That's two years in a row that he misses games!!! 

I'm sorry there are no excuses, he is our QB and shouldn't be missing games in any manner. He was drafted to be our future QB and so far he is missing games in two seasons. It was said that he won't be back until after the bye week. 

If Sam Darnold misses games another season, they better look at drafting another QB!!!

Man I wish I could give this post a downvote and a buttfumble. Why must I choose just 1? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

This "developing Sam" thing isn't going very well, between erratic performances, injury, mediocre OL and WRs. Two CSs in two years, questionable mechanics, and now illness.

There are times you see a player, and just know he's got IT. I haven't seen IT yet from him, despite the fact a lot of you claim you have. I was really hopeful he'd make the leap this year FQBs do in their second season.

There are teams you have confidence in developing a young QB, the Jets aren't a team/organization I feel that way about. Combine that with the incredibly bad "luck" this team has when it comes to finding good players, I just don't see Darnold prospering here.

Right now I'm as disgusted and down about this team and it's future as I've been in a while. I'm not a Gase guy, hated what I saw Sunday, and I have a sickening feeling Siemian is a better fit for his "offense" then Darnold is. Dink, dink, dink.

Wtf are you talking about? He played one game and hasn’t thrown an int in like over 150 passes since last year 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, but Matt doesn’t do that, though. I do that. 

Like recently with the Gase presser when he was questioned about Polite. Read through the lines and said yeah this guy is getting cut. Finger wagging ensues. Polite cut.

Or Amaro getting redshirted for sucking and getting a year off to figure it out and then came back and still sucked and then was cut and then out of the league.

• Upvote 1

Medical reasons why Sam Darnold will be out for a long time

September 12, 2019 | 9:10pm

Don’t expect to see Sam Darnold for a while.

That is the opinion of Dr. David Chao, the former Chargers team physician who operates the website profootballdoc.com, after the Jets quarterback was diagnosed with mononucleosis.

“He’s going to miss a lot of time,” Chao said Thursday. “This isn’t just about how does he feel. It’s about more than that.”

The Jets have ruled Darnold out for Monday’s game against the Browns, and coach Adam Gase acknowledged the quarterback could miss several weeks. Chao said the timeline starts at four to six weeks for Darnold.

Chao specified the Jets will have three major issues to worry about with Darnold’s diagnosis. First, mono typically causes the spleen and/or liver to enlarge. Someone cannot have any physical contact because of the risk of rupturing the organs. Second, Darnold will feel tired, have a general malaise and will lose weight. That could last for multiple weeks. Finally, the Jets can’t risk Darnold even being around the team because he could infect others.

Chao, who worked for the Chargers for 17 years, said you can forget about Darnold playing in September and he may not even be able to return in early October.

“This is a big deal,” Chao said. “With this diagnosis of mono, an injured-reserve stint is not off the table. I’m not saying he’s going on injured reserve but this starts at four to six weeks. Any four-to-six-week injury puts IR in the conversation.”

Chao emphasized he is not predicting Darnold will end up on IR, but merely saying it can’t be ruled out

image.gif

37 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Wtf are you talking about? He played one game and hasn’t thrown an int in like over 150 passes since last year 

Please. Don't act like Darnold is a finished product. He's far from it.

As for my prior post, it wasn't meant as a knock on Sam as much as it was of Gase. I didn't mean that Siemian is a better QB then Sam, but I do think Gase might feel Siemian can run his "system" at least as well or better today. He's a lot more familiar with it as of today.  

I don't think Sam has proven as much as you and others obviously do, and todays new doesn't help him obviously. The second year is a critical one for a young QB. If you are optimistic about the way this is trending, good for you. I'm not. He needs to be practicing, working on his mechanics, and getting on field experience.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

That is the opinion of Dr. David Chao, the former Chargers team physician who operates the website profootballdoc.com, after the Jets quarterback was diagnosed with mononucleosis.

“He’s going to miss a lot of time,” Chao said Thursday. “This isn’t just about how does he feel. It’s about more than that.”

The Jets have ruled Darnold out for Monday’s game against the Browns, and coach Adam Gase acknowledged the quarterback could miss several weeks. Chao said the timeline starts at four to six weeks for Darnold.

Chao specified the Jets will have three major issues to worry about with Darnold’s diagnosis. First, mono typically causes the spleen and/or liver to enlarge. Someone cannot have any physical contact because of the risk of rupturing the organs. Second, Darnold will feel tired, have a general malaise and will lose weight. That could last for multiple weeks. Finally, the Jets can’t risk Darnold even being around the team because he could infect others.

Chao, who worked for the Chargers for 17 years, said you can forget about Darnold playing in September and he may not even be able to return in early October.

“This is a big deal,” Chao said. “With this diagnosis of mono, an injured-reserve stint is not off the table. I’m not saying he’s going on injured reserve but this starts at four to six weeks. Any four-to-six-week injury puts IR in the conversation.”

Chao emphasized he is not predicting Darnold will end up on IR, but merely saying it can’t be ruled out

image.gif

Best case I think is 4 weeks which would be the game after the bye.

Otherwise I think he comes back after the second Pats game.

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

image.gif

Not 100% sure but I think we can still put him on IR with a designation to return. I know we currently don't have anyone taking those slots up but I'm not sure since he already played a game. If available that would be in the Jets best interest.