Raiders Will Provide A Litmus Test

THE BARON

Jets did what they should have today.  They beat one of the worst teams in the league.  The Darnold looked good, the offensive line with Compton and Lewis appeared to be improved.  TE Griffin and CB Austin are nice surprises and look to be future contributors.  

The apparent step forward may just be a mirage.  A product of a struggling team looking well against an even worse team...

The Raiders will be a bona fied litmus test for the Jets...

Anyone care to offer predictions for how that one will go ???

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Jets did what they should have today.  They beat one of the worst teams in the league.  The Darnold looked good, the offensive line with Compton and Lewis appeared to be improved.  TE Griffin and CB Austin are nice surprises and look to be future contributors.  

The apparent step forward may just be a mirage.  A product of a struggling team looking well against an even worse team...

I predict the game won't end in a tie.

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

And what litmus test did beating the Cowboys give fans

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Tricky match-up. I think the Raiders will shred our secondary. 

Our best chance is for the offense to play well. Their defense is meh at best.

If Sam can have another good game, we have a chance. Also, an early game on the east coast for the Raiders is never easy. I would lean Okaland, but I don't have a strong feeling either way. 

They Jets have the tools to move the ball and score points on the Raiders defense  if the o-line plays well, but perhaps not enough to outscore a hot Derek Carr and the Raiders. I think the game comes down to Greg Williams vs. Chuky. A big play on special teams either way could also make the difference.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

I feel like the test has already passed like three times, and they failed it every time. The loss to the Bills, the loss to Jacksonville and especially the loss to Miami have proven who this team is. The Jets are not a playoff contender. There is no reason to have any faith. Not even the easiest schedule in the world can help them.

If they cant beat the Dolphins there's no reason to feel confident about beating anybody. So Washington worked out, big whoop we could be the team who loses to Cinci. 

I'm just looking for progress from #14 at this point.

Nailed it, this season was dead after week one. Jets look Ok V the terrible teams.

We have looked better with Lewis, Harrison and Compton. Darnold had a few seconds to pass today.

• Upvote 2

As this week went on I felt more and more that the Jets would win and win today’s game big and they did. So later in the week I should get a better feeling. Raiders have to cross the country and play early game I hope and hope it’s cold - not easy game for them. I’m leaning Jets in a close game right now. 

34 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

My heart says 24-21 Jets.  My brain says 27-13 Raiders.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Anything can happen, but don't think I've seen anything to support predicting a win for us.  We beat the two worst teams in the NFC.  Running it up on the Skins just means we're not a college team.  Not that we're any good.  A win vs. the Raiders might say something towards that point tho.

14 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Nailed it, this season was dead after week one. Jets look Ok V the terrible teams.

We have looked better with Lewis, Harrison and Compton. Darnold had a few seconds to pass today.

Wouldn't go that far. That's NEVER true, even when Darnold was gone. But ah... losing to the team that literally isn't trying to be good sealed it though.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I liked what I saw today.... not sure we can beat the Raiders but baby steps. As long as Darnold improves, all good. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

And “a few seconds” are all Darnold needs, although you have rarely seen him have that time throughout his short career.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Ah, I thought your post was sarcastic for some reason.

No...lol. Derek Carr has been on a tear the past few weeks. It’s goinf to legitimately be a slaughter in the secondary. The Jets will not win a shootout. If the defense some how holds Carr and Jacobs to 17 then we actually have a shot. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Here is honest assessment .   This game will be as close as J Gruden wants it to be.   If he ultra conservative with the play calling , Jets will be in this game to the end.   J Gruden comes out , and goes for the throat - Raiders win this One  in a blowout.     

• Haha 1