If we keep Robbie that means Joe Douglas is

6 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Doing his job correctly.

You don't pay unreliable players...you use thier flash of talent and skill to get a other teamm to give you some sort of compensation so you can find some one...realiable

7 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

But still better than you are at starting threads.

Great comment. Zing.. you commented on thread you are saying is no good. But good enough for you to comment on. Genius

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I hope Robby is re-signed right now.

Agghggghgghhh adjgjgjfjdjgjkfjdksd8372&$#@__wwe

Please no

• Thumb Down 5

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

Robbie should be resigned as long as the plan for him is to the the long term #2 behind a blue chip draft pick or a FA signing. 

Why not have a #2 that can catch?

There is no rule that the jets have to keep crappy players just because we have done it forever.

Just like we don't have to keep crappy coach Gase.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You don't pay unreliable players...you use thier flash of talent and skill to get a other teamm to give you some sort of compensation so you can find some one...realiable

Great comment. Zing.. you commented on thread you are saying is no good. But good enough for you to comment on. Genius

Please no

how is robbie unreliable?  he's missed 2 games in 4 seasons.  his catch rate can be higher but so much of that depends on who is playing next to him. he's averaged about 70% catch rate over the past 4 games.  the only other knock, besides physical size, is his route running and he's getting better at that.  he's not a no. 1 receiver but will do very well as an additional deep threat.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I don't agree that RA is unreliable.

Plus you don't create a hole at WR when you don't have to. Q probably won't be here next year, so draft HIS replacement. Robbie and Sam are doing good together, and that will probably trend upward next year when Sam has an offensive line to work behind.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

Let's be honest here, Robbie is a good WR, not a great WR. I have yet to see him make a really great catch like I see other WR's do with guys draped all over him. The GREAT WR's do that. Still, if we an get him back at a reasonable price, why not keep him? We already know his strengths and weaknesses and if our HC/OC has half of a brain, will scheme to use his skills properly.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Disagree.

If we keep Anderson as a #2 non-slot WR at #2 WR money, then Douglas is fine at his job.

If we resign Anderson as a legit #1 WR to legit #1 WR money.......well, we ARE the Jets.  It wouldn't shock me.

Anderson + Crowder + The next Fan Fav. Longshot #3 from Camp = Lols, nope.

New #1 WR + Crowder + Anderson = ok, might just be ok.

We need to be mindful of the fact that the cap is going to go over 200M.  We're going to pay him "too much" by the boards standards, but the market continues to move.  It's going to be over 10M per.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

16 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Let's be honest here, Robbie is a good WR, not a great WR. I have yet to see him make a really great catch like I see other WR's do with guys draped all over him. The GREAT WR's do that. Still, if we an get him back at a reasonable price, why not keep him? We already know his strengths and weaknesses and if our HC/OC has half of a brain, will scheme to use his skills properly.

Depending on his money, I'll settle for "good" at this point and go after a potential true #1 WR somehow in the draft. I think he brings some good attitude to the offensive side of the ball and has the ability to make plays that get the team going. If he's not asking for crazy money (top dollar), JD would be dumb to create another whole. If JD's whole plan was never to resign him, then he should have traded him at the deadline because why not? 

Keep in mind, everyone talked all offseason about Sam's last four games. Well, he doesn't have those games without Robby Anderson and Herndon (we could have probably won at least another game or two with both in the lineup).

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Disagree.

If we keep Anderson as a #2 non-slot WR at #2 WR money, then Douglas is fine at his job.

If we resign Anderson as a legit #1 WR to legit #1 WR money.......well, we ARE the Jets.  It wouldn't shock me.

Anderson + Crowder + The next Fan Fav. Longshot #3 from Camp = Lols, nope.

New #1 WR + Crowder + Anderson = ok, might just be ok.

Idc what they pay him unless it a situation where it’s either pay Robby or get an OL. The approach I hope the Jets take is to pay Robby and draft a guy to play next to him. Add a cheap guy on a rookie deal that can get open and Robby’s cap space isn’t a issue.

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Idc what they pay him unless it a situation where it’s either pay Robby or get an OL.

I care.  Every dollar spent is a dollar unavailable to do other things and fill other needs.

Robby Anderson is simply not a #1 WR.  He is entirely incapable of filling that role on a competitive team.

He can, however, IMO, fill the 2nd WR role supporting a legit #1 and a slot guy like Crowder.

Add a cheap guy on a rookie deal that can get open and Robby’s cap space isn’t a issue.

Unacceptable.  As stated, this years Jets Fan Fav. camp UDFA is NOT going to provide what we need.  

We need a legit #1 WR.  Playing next to Robby is not enough, he needs to be a real #1 and do what real #1's do.

More than half this board laments every week that Darnold has no weapons.  Resigning Robby f'ing Anderlols to a big money long-term deal be our #1 WR is doubling down on stupidity.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand why there is so much focus on #1 WR vs. #2 WR vs. #3 WR, etc. Just give Darnold weapons. Is Robby Anderson Michael Thomas or DeAndre Thomas? Is he Mike Evans? No. What exactly is a #1 and why is it that Jet fans of all people assume that they will be able to sign a #1 anytime soon if that is the type of player they view a #1 WR to be. RA is a weapon for Darnold, he has the speed to be a great deep threat and he can run the short and intermediate routes effectively. I think its a pretty widely held belief that if the O-line gave Darnold more consistent protection and if the Jets had more weapons (Herndon, Enunwa being healthy included) Robby would have a had more TD and over 1,000 yrds this season. He would certainly be filling in much more of the #1 WR check list marks of the suddenly entitled Jet fans. I would love to re-sign Robby. Would I get into a biding war over him. No. But yes, he's going to be worth over 10 mil and that is the market for a WR of his skill level in the NFL. 

HOWEVER...  

The Jets find themselves in a predicament b/c they have so many needs on the O-line, as well as at CB and Pass Rusher where they need to bring in, draft or resign starters. Meanwhile, they have Enunwa and Crowder eating up a lot of cap space at WR. Jet fans should really not be wishing Enunwa gets cut btw b/c the Jets will be on the hook for a ton of dead cap...I'm not sure but I wanna say, like 10mil. If he retires he foregoes a ton of money for himself, he WILL NOT do that. Best Jet fans can hope for is that he comes back healthy, plays and stays healthy in 2020, then the Jets can cut him in 2021 or after the 2021 season when the injury guaranteed $$ runs out. I.E. Jets are stuck with Enunwa so just hope for the best. Signing Robby  (or ANY WR) to a big contract right now is tough NOT just b/c the O-line has not been fixed yet but b/c of the money they have tied up at the position. They will need to address it via the draft and try to spend as little as possible at WR in FA.  

Regardless of how much you may think Robby deserves to get paid or if he is a #1 or #2 or if he is reliable, the Jets can't really afford his services.

And yes, although I love him as a player, I'd have to begrudgingly agree that JD would be terrible at his job if he invested another 10+mil a year in a WR while we will most likely have Enunwa at 7.8mil on IR and Crowder at 9.5mil in the slot.    

Douglas should know at this point who a lot of the FA WRs are. 

He also should know what % of the cap various WRs should receive. 

The Jets will need to both pay FAs and draft players.  Drafted first and second round players are the best value but have a learning curve.  

Hopefully the Jets can get out of QE’s contract.  If they can, paying RA $10mm is not great value but plugs the hole.  They can pay someone else around that to do the same thing, and they should if they think they will be better.  What did Tyrell Williams get paid last year?   Similar value.   

Honestly, for where the Jets pick there will likely be a decent WR available in the first round, and the great LTs may be gone.  That may be a better value.  But JD should have that figured out.,  

• Sympathy 1

59 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Please no

You're right.  They should only re-sign their great players.  Might have trouble fielding a team, though.

29 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

We need to be mindful of the fact that the cap is going to go over 200M.  We're going to pay him "too much" by the boards standards, but the market continues to move.  It's going to be over 10M per.

I'm ok with signing Robbie but if it's over 9 mill, I say no way.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

Robbie should be resigned as long as the plan for him is to the the long term #2 behind a blue chip draft pick or a FA signing. 

I hope the Jets never get a "blue chip" receiver. Historically proven to be a waste of money and an awful way to build a team. Plus a lot of times it has an adverse effect on your young (developing) QB.

Build the O-line and get an edge rusher (2 things we should've done last year).

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Why not have a #2 that can catch?

There is no rule that the jets have to keep crappy players just because we have done it forever.

Just like we don't have to keep crappy coach Gase.

So he cant catch now?

What happened, he's played a couple of really good games in a row and you got twisted?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So he cant catch now?

What happened, he's played a couple of really good games in a row and you got twisted?

Robby has been trash most of the season now some of that can be blamed on Sam missing a month but the guy just sucked until we hit the soft part of the schedule

I do think we need to resign Robby but we also a absolutely need to get one of these WRs in round 1

• Upvote 1