Ask me anything. I know things.

You were right about the Star Wars bobbleheads so I do believe you're a real insider.

The question was asked but I didn't see the answer-  can Gase and Gregg work together?  I hear on Cowherd and other outlets that they dislike each other.  You see any evidence of that?  Any chance that Gregg wants out?

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

If the Jets don't re-sign Robby then it was idiotic not to trade him for anything they could at the deadline. 

On this we agree.

Hopefully if we don't re-sign him, JD can play the UFA game to where we earn a compensatory selection.  But given the needs we have I doubt that's possible, meaning Robby would be gone with nothing coming back.  

10 minutes ago, chirorob said:

What is the thought on Herndon?  Just a bad luck year?

The word on Berrios coming out of college was he was very smart.  Does he get a bigger role going forward?

Think Griffin is more of a Gase guy but Herndon was supposed to have a big role too. Just bad luck. Front office was furious at the training staff in regards to that situation. 

Cant say much about Berrios. I doubt he’s anything more then he is now. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The highest offer for Anderson was allegedly a fourth rounder. I think ahis value is higher than that, but less than $12 mil per

I also think his value is higher than a 4th but If what Jets Yoda says is true then you must take it.  If you're convinced he's not one of your guys then letting him play 8 meaningless games to earn a big contract with another team is asinine.

3 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Front office was furious at the training staff in regards to that situation

Justus Galac has survived a couple regimes but I'd be shocked if he's not let go.  It may or may not be warranted but I suspect you can't have this many injuries without someone taking the fall.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Or, you held onto him for 8!games because there was nobody behind him and the entire motivation behind those 8 games was getting the QB to learn something. I’d say not making Darnold throw passes to air on game days was worth a measly 4

STAND DOWN!

5 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Think Griffin is more of a Gase guy but Herndon was supposed to have a big role too. Just bad luck. Front office was furious at the training staff in regards to that situation. 

Cant say much about Berrios. I doubt he’s anything more then he is now. 

Is there any concern in the building regarding the return of Woody? Is there much contrast between his presence and Chris’? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Well I think having an illness that leaves you weak and lethargic effects your abilities more than you think.

Heard on TV last night that some around the league have said it

I would think it could be true, would think it set him back at best

i was surprised he came back as quickly as he did.  if he's still has lingering mono, first year in the system, crappy OL and injuries to his recievers and he did as well as he did - he's a lock to be top 10 qb with a better OL and no injuries.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Thanks for taking the time @Samtorobby47

my question is regarding the injury situation. To me it’s way more than an accident that soooo many guys got injured this season. Is there an acknowledgement within the team that something needs to change next year? Is there a sense that preparation or cinditioning may have been an issue that must be addressed?

i appreciate this is a tough thing to address inwardly as it basically means someone is probably getting canned but would still appreciate an insight

thanks again 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

One last question from me.

Do you get the impression Gase was against the Bell signing? We hear that a lot, and I just can’t understand why a HC wouldn’t want as many good players as possible. How is the relationship with them?

BTW this has been great, one of the best threads in a long time. Thanks.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Greg is def a more natural leader and Gase is ok with that. And I think Greg likes it here because he essentially gets to be a HC in a way without any of the actual responsibilities of being one.   

I really like the sound of this. Gregg W can stay here as long as he likes. Let’s hope Gase figures out this offense next year with a revamped roster. Let Gregg W be the heart beat and motivator for this team.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

So I deleted a bunch of posts. We are good having fun, but some things are over the line. 

Back on topic, this IP checks out. I can't say either way with certainty for sure that this poster is really an employee. I can say that I checked and I couldn't rule it out. Don't quote me but based on my research I do believe this is real.

You can’t be serious.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Not sure I buy this..  a lot of smart people - like Mensa smart - have been adamant that Joe D will jump at a 1st and 4th for Adams and it would be a STEAL for the Jets if offered. 

staring dj khaled GIF by iHeartRadio

a 1st and a 4th is absolute garbage for jamaal. JD won't jump at that. I believe he is a lot smarter then trade a 1st rd pick that is an All Pro for basically a 4th rd pick.  Since the 1st is a wash.   JD made it clear the deal would have to be huge for him to trade Jamaal.  a 1st and 4th isn't much

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

It’s a slow Friday here at Florham Park.  So I’ll try to answer what I can. 

I've read all of your answers, and I'm very impressed with the way you answered so many questions.  You've given us some excellent information, without saying anything that bad-mouths the organization.  This leads me to believe that you are a smart guy with hopefully a nice position within the organization.

My only question is this: "Do you think MacCagnon gets fired if Gase wasn't the hire?"  

If for no other reason, I am glad Gase was hired.  We've not had a quality GM in what seems like a lifetime.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

So our HC thinks our QB is an idiot... but he’s a good kid.

I never wanted to say that here, but seeing some of the decisions he makes out there it’s been something I wondered about.

When Sam doesn’t have enough time to think in the pocket, he makes some nice plays. They even put up a stat during the telecast last Sunday showing he performs worse the more time he has during a play.

The other nuggets you gave were really good, thanks.

BTW  you post fairly often, and you never mentioned you work for the team. Can you keep this type of stuff coming?

This reality of Sam being a mature version of Mark Sanchez just ruined my Holidays.  I had always hoped he was an intelligent football junkie and his poor decisions were more due to poor play design or read errors by the WR.  My denial is now over.