Alabama for Pick 11

Dcat

Hypothetical for Pick 11: Jeudy or Wills?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Wills or Jeudy at 11?

• Jerry Jeudy WR
    • Jedrick Wills OT

I was looking at the mocks on NFL.com and the  Maurice Jones Drew Mock up on NFL.com made me think...  because this was the situation...

Hypothetically...  with no trade downs or any movement at all, if it came to Wills or Jeudy at 11, which guy comes to the podium? Sweet Home Alabama. 

And does signing or not signing Robby make a difference to you?   

That would be a great choice to have to make and honestly I change my mind often.  

disclaimer: Lamb was also available there but I prefer Jeudy to Lamb.

MJD mock draft http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001101731/article/maurice-jonesdrew-nfl-mock-draft-10-chargers-replace-rivers?itm_source=parsely-api?icampaign=trendingNews

I actually feel confident going into the draft at #11.  

• Upvote 1

I chose Wills.

If we re-signed Beachum and signed Castonzo or made a move for Trent Williams, I'd consider Jeudy or Lamb. That's probably a pipe dream though. 

The most likely scenario involves us landing someone like Graham Glasgow in free agency, re-signing Beachum and going into the draft with a clear need at offensive tackle. 

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

Dee Milliner, Quentin Williams, Ardarius Stewart, Greg McElroy 

No thanks to either.

Yeah, like Benigno basically said, the Jets have an uncanny ability to find the ONLY guys out of Alabama....who CAN'T play football.  Then again, they pretty much have the same "ability" everywhere else.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It feels like you can get reasonably promising WRs in round three and four, but you can’t find even a good OT after the first round. That said, you’d need to take Wills at 11.

I feel uncomfortable agreeing with you, but I do 100%.  I toyed with WR at 11, but imo offensive tackle is the priority there for the reasons you mentioned. Guys can potentially be had in the 2nd like Peart or maybe Niang but the drop off is significant. 

WR is dfferent. The WR deep goes deeper than the deep at tackle. Derp! 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Dcat said:

I was looking at the mocks on NFL.com and the  Maurice Jones Drew Mock up on NFL.com made me think...  because this was the situation...

Hypothetically...  with no trade downs or any movement at all, if it came to Wills or Jeudy at 11, which guy comes to the podium? Sweet Home Alabama. 

That would be a great choice to have to make and honestly I change my mind often.  

MJD mock draft http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001101731/article/maurice-jonesdrew-nfl-mock-draft-10-chargers-replace-rivers?itm_source=parsely-api?icampaign=trendingNews

If this were the way it played out, and Herbert is available when the Jets pick, and we dont trade down, I would be very disappointed 

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Because they selected Ardarius Stewart in the past, you're passing on Juedy? Is this what you're saying?

But wait...the Alabama WRs taken immediately before and after Stewart were Amari Cooper  ('15) and Calvin Ridley ('18).  Oh and then there's Julio.

Can we pick em or what?

• Upvote 1

On 2/14/2020 at 12:29 AM, Dcat said:

Given the straight choice I'd take Jeudy.

I love to have Jeudy but If there is a really good OT you have to go there first Jets OL is dismal but if all the top level OT are off the board then take the best WR because after OT that is dismal. I would actually trade back and take Biadiasz to plug up center position really feel they have fix the OL.