Signed former Ravens linebacker

21 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Good point.  We aren't carrying 6 ILBs.  I have to believe there is another trade coming on the heels of this one.  Definitely could be Williamson, which should net us a mid-round pick.  He only has 1 year left but at a very reasonable salary ($6MM) and an ILB-needy team should be all over it.

Onwuasor is listed at 6'0" 227 lbs.  Frankly, the same height and not much heavier than Adams.  Does he play a hybrid role or is he a pure ILB now since he was a Safety in college?  For the Adams-haters, could this signal a possible replacement for the hybrid-safety?

Ravens have no ILB

Imagine trading Avery to them for a 5 or 6

Doubt anybody wants to take on his $6 mill cap hit, especially a well run Ravens org 

31 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Played next to Mosley in 2017 and 2018. Smaller ILB who covers well and is a good blitzer.

We now have 6 legit ILBs with Mosley, Williamson, Onwuasor, Hewitt, Burgess and Cashman.

Something's gotta give - quite possibly Williamson, in a cap move.

I would think Cashman with his speed could play outside too?

37 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Played next to Mosley in 2017 and 2018. Smaller ILB who covers well and is a good blitzer.

We now have 6 legit ILBs with Mosley, Williamson, Onwuasor, Hewitt, Burgess and Cashman.

Well that's at least 1 position we'd better not waste a draft pick on.

37 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I think it's time to cut Avery Williamson. His cap number is pretty high when you consider what we are already paying CJ Mosley. 

See @HawkeyeJet post #24 above. We don't need to cut anyone at this point. With little TC this year, there are bound to be injuries. Hold onto him, see how he looks in camp. If he's replaceable then, trade him. If not, hold onto him and play him and Mosley. That's a SOLID tandem.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Good point.  We aren't carrying 6 ILBs.  I have to believe there is another trade coming on the heels of this one.  Definitely could be Williamson, which should net us a mid-round pick.  He only has 1 year left but at a very reasonable salary ($6MM) and an ILB-needy team should be all over it.

Onwuasor is listed at 6'0" 227 lbs.  Frankly, the same height and not much heavier than Adams.  Does he play a hybrid role or is he a pure ILB now since he was a Safety in college?  For the Adams-haters, could this signal a possible replacement for the hybrid-safety?

Do it JD do it!!!!

57 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

or cashman and his brittle ( thats unkind, ) constantly injured, shoulders

22 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

See @HawkeyeJet post #24 above. We don't need to cut anyone at this point. With little TC this year, there are bound to be injuries. Hold onto him, see how he looks in camp. If he's replaceable then, trade him. If not, hold onto him and play him and Mosley. That's a SOLID tandem.

Yes but if we can clear Avery's cap number. We can then take that money and reinvest it into another area where we are much thinner like cornerback. We don't need 5 ILB's on this roster. 

16 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Same size and type of player as Adams, maybe Douglas has a move in store for Adams Pure speculation but perhaps a possibility. Thoughts anyone

Man, If JD has a deal in place for Adams that nets us a #1 this year & a #2 next, I'd really be ok with that. I like Adams and I like the thought of retaining our best players BUT he plays a position that has a value less than OL, WR, LB, CB.

With the depthof this draft and the fact we will not be competing for the playoffs for another 2 years, why hold and pay him top $. Keep the rebuild going and amass as must young talent as possible.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Man, If JD has a deal in place for Adams that nets us a #1 this year & a #2 next, I'd really be ok with that. I like Adams and I like the thought of retaining our best players BUT he plays a position that has a value less than OL, WR, LB, CB.

With the depthof this draft and the fact we will not be competing for the playoffs for another 2 years, why hold and pay him top $. Keep the rebuild going and amass as must young talent as possible.

Agree 100%. 

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Let me guess. 1 year deal?

Bingo.

we’ve gone from Suck for Sam in ‘17 To Tank in Twenty.

In JD We Trust, because if he tears this down, and doesn’t build it back up correctly.... we’re screwed. ? 

• Thumb Down 1