The Berkley Slugger?

I was watching Ashtyn Davis highlights and he reminds me a lot of Calvin Pryor. Perhaps a year of development as a backup will serve him well as I don’t think he’s ready to contribute Year 1 based off the tape. 

Does anybody else see similarities to Pryor? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 3

Just now, KRL said:

Totally different players.  Davis is an elite athlete with good range, good hands
and the ability to deliver a big shot.  Pryor's one talent was the ability to deliver
big shots.  But his inability to take good angles and poor range basically eliminated
the one talent he had

He was a better prospect than Davis in the sense that he was a round 1 pick

• WTF? 3

20 minutes ago, JetFan20 said:

I was watching Ashtyn Davis highlights and he reminds me a lot of Calvin Pryor. Perhaps a year of development as a backup will serve him well as I don’t think he’s ready to contribute Year 1 based off the tape. 

No. He has great speed. High/ hurdle jump etc.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, JetFan20 said:

He reminds me of John Lynch a bit. Smart, big hits, can roam field die to football IQ which leads to turnovers.

Davis is an A+ athlete who’s going to be a special teams demon and regular in nickel and dime packages on defense from day one. He’s got speed and ball skills that Pryor can only dream of. Don’t recall Pryor being suggested as a kick returner ever. 

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, JetFan20 said:

Bite your tongue. Up there with worst first round pick ever with Milner and ghoston.