Cimini: Mosley Still not 100%

1 hour ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Nice deep cut. Extremely overlooked classic comedy. 

Great movie...every minute of it...so rare....even though I don't like Deniro anymore, I'd still watch it again.

Favorite character wasn't even one of the main actors...Eddie the bondsman..."Has that phone ever ring, has that phone ever ring.... with a complaint about me? Never".

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

We never should’ve drafted Farrior in the first place.

As much as everyone, including myself, loves Parcells...the f*cking guy passed on Orlando Pace and Walter Jones in order to trade down and take an ILB.

Passing on two HOF LT’s for a mediocre (during his time with the Jets) ILB is Maccavelian to the max.

Yeah totally remember that and how controversial it was. However they also royally screwed up even the consolation prize 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

What a horrific signing. 

Piece of garbage maccagnan was in full job saving mode, NEEDED a Pass-Rusher, a Pass-Rusher, still do, you don't burn that kind of money on ILB just like you don't on Safety...just as he always approached the 1st Rd in the Draft.....make a pick with 1,001 excuses already built into it if it failed starting with..."Well everybody else....."...how many more DTs would the Jets have now if there were more consensus to take, if that Stumblebum was still around?

2 hours ago, RobR said:

Big Mac....the gift that keeps on giving. Nothing like signing a friggin MLB to an $85 mil contract with over $50 mil guaranteed. It's going to take at least a couple of years for JD to rid this roster from Macs failures. 

Just a shame.  Every move Mac made backfired.  An attrocias track record for this guy.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, NamathToCaster said:

Just a shame.  Every move Mac made backfired.  An attrocias track record for this guy.

His free agent signings were even worse than his drafts......let that one sink in. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

His free agent signings were even worse than his drafts......let that one sink in. 

Pfft it was only a year ago some were clinging to the idea that was his strong suit. Or that he was a contract structuring expert because he didn’t guarantee these non-QBs 4+ years. But then, nobody else’s GM did that either, so it was like crediting Macclown for shrewdly for breathing to avoid suffocation.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Pfft it was only a year ago some were clinging to the idea that was his strong suit. Or that he was a contract structuring expert because he didn’t guarantee these non-QBs 4+ years. But then, nobody else’s GM did that either, so it was like crediting Macclown for shrewdly for breathing to avoid suffocation.

Revis, Johnson, Mosley, and Enunwa should cement that he was the worst GM we ever had when it came to free agent signings and I'm being kind.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

21 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

My recollection was this was an example of giving in to his HC. Gase was the one who wanted Mosley not Maccagnan.

Maccagnan would have been content with his pickups Darron “just had his best season” Lee and Avery Williamson; there’s no reason he’d have been chasing another ILB - let alone paying 50% more than his own team offered - to make his 1st round pick ILB irrelevant, unless his new coach wanted him. 

Not that he was good at anything at all, but this is why GMs shouldn’t let coaches shop for the groceries. Coaches can obviously evaluate the talent they’re coaching, but that doesn’t therefore make them great roster builders. The GM is supposed to say “no” to dumb moves like this. He was a top ILB but so what; Baltimore just showed their defense was still plenty good without him, and overall the roster would’ve been worse matching the Jets’ offer.

$17MM for an ILB ffs. Plus almost that for a RB, drafting yet another DT with the 3rd pick in the draft. Drafting safeties when the team was desperate for a QB and OL help. Then giving Quincy Enunwa $20MM in injury guarantees after the team just put him on IR yet again. If I didn’t know better I’d think he was purposely trying to sabotage the team.

Good points.  I'm wrong.

But at least you concur with what I have written in the past and that is Maccagnan was so incredibly bad, with such an incredible lack of even basic logic, you would swear he was trying to sabotage the team.

"Oh good another DT his name is Leonard Williams, everyone says he's the best player in the draft at this pick, I'll take him, my job is safe by taking him, the 290lb DT Richardson who was also a #1 pick?  who cares?  Maybe the coach can just move him to LB...I love me not DT's (like angry people are saying) but the CONSENUS PICK, because I'm a c**t, deep down I also know I'm dumb as a box of rocks....but keep those checks coming my way NY Jets'.

• Upvote 2

It's nice to see that, as usual, you guys aren't over reacting like a bunch of old ladies over a single tweet.

It would be so easy to fall into the trap most fans do. You know, start playing doctor, ripping the player for stealing money, and pronouncing him done.

Thankfully that rarely happens here.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

It's nice to see that, as usual, you guys aren't over reacting like a bunch of old ladies over a single tweet.

It would be so easy to fall into the trap most fans do. You know, start playing doctor, ripping the player for stealing money, and pronouncing him done.

Thankfully that rarely happens here.

I get where you're coming from. But sadly, we are more likely right than wrong. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Great movie...every minute of it...so rare....even though I don't like Deniro anymore, I'd still watch it again.

Favorite character wasn't even one of the main actors...Eddie the bondsman..."Has that phone ever ring, has that phone ever ring.... with a complaint about me? Never".

100% right. From beginning to end, fantastic flick. 

Marvin was a great character as well

So he feels great but hasn’t been able to test it to confirm he’s 100%. He was projected to be ready around this time. So it’s not too shocking he’s still not 100% confident since they haven’t practiced on the field. Mosley said a month ago that he had not had any setbacks. This doesn’t seem alarming. 

• Upvote 1