Cimini: Mosley Still not 100%

CJ Mosley

In a post to his official twitter account, Jets beat writer Rich Cimini of ESPN is reporting that linebacker CJ Mosley is still not fully recovered from a groin injury that he originally suffered in week 1 of the 2019 season.

C.J. Mosley gave me update on surgically repaired groin: “I wouldn’t say it’s 100%. I haven’t made those (cutting) movements, but I feel good. Mentally and physically, I feel great. It’s just a matter of getting on the field + doing it.” Expects to be ready for t camp. #Jets

— Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) May 6, 2020

After finding his way back on the field several weeks later, Mosley was clearly not himself and looked to be playing on one good leg.  He would miss the remainder of the season as a result.  Now, several months removed from the injury, it seems Mosley isn’t all the way back, but says he feels great mentally and physically, but has not done any cutting up to this point.

The post Cimini: Mosley Still not 100% appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
W3g_OJJX4Pc

Click here to read the full story...

Just now, RobR said:

Big Mac....the gift that keeps on giving. Nothing like signing a friggin MLB to an $85 mil contract with over $50 mil guaranteed. It's going to take at least a couple of years for JD to rid this roster from Macs failures. 

How’s Demario Davis doing?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

Unless he re-injures it, he'll be ready for the 2021 season. If he's not there are about 13 other ILB's on the Jets that are eager to take his place. 

The problem is he is probably making more than all of the combined. $17 mil per season makes me want to puke for a MLB.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

This is just the beginning of the Mosley Wont  be right all season story.  I’ve seen this before. Football player gets big contract and gets injured and is just never the same. At least Mosley got his contract before he was injured unlike Wilkerson and Enunwa who got theirs after their injuries. Mosley does seem like he really want to play but still I’ve seen this movie before. 

• Upvote 1

Really bad sign that his body is breaking down. He’s been a tough physical player, but to still be recovering from his is worrying.

Another Mac gem! And of course there’s noway if predicting injuries, but if you’re forking over that kind of guaranteed $ for that long of a contract, do it for an edge rusher, or a offensive weapon for your QB, jeez.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Jesus he should’ve just got the surgery.  It’s been 9 months already

Didnt he have the surgery?

It definitely was reported that he was having it.

Which would explain why he hasn't tried going all out on it, will wait until he has to.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RobR said:

The problem is he is probably making more than all of the combined. $17 mil per season makes me want to puke for a MLB.

Those 8 minutes he played last year were the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen tho (only half kidding) it was downright tantalizing

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, JetNation said:

After finding his way back on the field several weeks later, Mosley was clearly not himself and looked to be playing on one good leg.  He would miss the remainder of the season as a result.  Now, several months removed from the injury, it seems Mosley isn’t all the way back, but says he feels great mentally and physically, but has not done any cutting up to this point.

Good thing it's May huh? 

• Upvote 2