The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Eh, I think if we’re sitting here in three years and Mekhi Becton is a two-time All-Pro OLT, Douglas would be pretty happy to lock him up. This isn’t necessarily about the money with Jamal, it’s about Jamal not being worth that money regardless of the timing. 

True but we're talking about teaching young players that if they want more money or to play for another team all they have to do is whine on Twitter a couple of times and Douglas will cave to his demands. 

This isn't entirely about the money as I'm pretty sure the cowboys can't afford to give Adams 20 million a year nor do I think they are dumb enough to do so. They only have 36 million in cap space for 2021 WITHOUT Dak on the books. 

19 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

True but we're talking about teaching young players that if they want more money or to play for another team all they have to do is whine on Twitter a couple of times and Douglas will cave to his demands. 

This isn't entirely about the money as I'm pretty sure the cowboys can't afford to give Adams 20 million a year nor do I think they are dumb enough to do so. They only have 36 million in cap space for 2021 WITHOUT Dak on the books. 

I would imagine the players in the locker room have experienced Jamal’s whining in person for the past 18 months, so the tweets weren’t surprising to them. IMO, Jamal is just a douche and if we draft more douche players like him, then this will be a recurring problem, but not necessarily because of what happens in this instance

1 minute ago, Jetsbb said:

Your solution is to give him what he wants?

I’m trading him to whoever gives me the best package whether that’s Detroit or Dallas idc. He doesn’t want to be here, none of us want him here and I’m sure his teammates are annoyed as well

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I would imagine the players in the locker room have experienced Jamal’s whining in person for the past 18 months, so the tweets weren’t surprising to them. IMO, Jamal is just a douche and if we draft more douche players like him, then this will be a recurring problem, but not necessarily because of what happens in this instance

It's incredible how our 1st round pick this year, Mekhi Becton welcomed every single new draft pick when it happened and our leader of men stood by silent. 

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So weird because I’m old enough to remember when Jamal was in his vapours last year when Joe Douglas allegedly tried to trade him to Dallas it is almost as if Jamal was really just mad that Douglas didn’t actually trade him so weird

Remember when we were called conspiracy theorists for correctly assessing the sequence of events around the trade deadline?

Good times.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

56 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Players who have proven to be in opposition to Adams thus far since his recent tirades (let me know if I missed anyone)

• Marcus Maye
  • Blessuan Austin
  • Bryce Huff

Players who have been in support of Jamal Adams:

• Antonio Cromartie

I imagine we'll see Damien Woody, always the voice of reason on Jets' matters, falling on the "STFU, Jamal" side of the debate, especially given that he sided with Joe Douglas after the trade deadline last October.

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Players who have proven to be in opposition to Adams thus far since his recent tirades (let me know if I missed anyone)

• Marcus Maye
  • Blessuan Austin
  • Bryce Huff

• Antonio Cromartie

I imagine we'll see Damien Woody, always the voice of reason on Jets' matters, falling on the "STFU, Jamal" side of the debate, especially given that he sided with Joe Douglas after the trade deadline last October.

can you fill me in on what Huff, Bless or Maye said

• Upvote 1

You guys realize he never wanted to play for the Jets and ALWAYS wanted to play for the Cowboys.  From day 1 its how do I get to the Cowboys. He saw how it worked with OBJ and Ramsey and they set the blueprint to get what they want. You can't do it in year 1 but he saw the crease last year and now is hoping to jump through it.  Lets hope that JD doesn't fall into the trap.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

Rarely have I seen a player so tone deaf to his perception. 

Understanding that it's not realistic, I would prefer we let him rot on the bench for 2 years. Adjust his ego a bit. 

Why in God's name would you completely torpedo an asset's value to 'prove a point'.

Get the best deal you can and get this joker off the team.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Why do people think this is a good idea? Pro tip: it's not.

It's pretty simple, really. We're not in a position to just let a player of this caliber walk or just cave to his wants. And being that he has absolutely no leverage whatsoever, we don't have to do either. He can either hold out and cough up $40k a day, dog it and scare off future employers, or just shut up and play. 

2 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

He can either hold out and cough up $40k a day, dog it and scare off future employers, or just shut up and play. 

It's not that binary. He can make himself a general nuisance in the locker room and to the coaches/upper management. See Jalen Ramsey's exit from Jacksonville for more information.

Again - it's best for all parties if he's on another team the next time he takes the field.

1 hour ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

It's not that binary. He can make himself a general nuisance in the locker room and to the coaches/upper management. See Jalen Ramsey's exit from Jacksonville for more information.

Again - it's best for all parties if he's on another team the next time he takes the field.

It really is though. I get your point, and agree to a point. And if JD can extract the value he needs to extract, that makes sense. Otherwise, Jamal's new address is the same as his old one.

I compare Adams success to that of Ed Reeds with the Baltimore Ravens.  Reed also wanted a new contract with the Ravens after playing out his rookie contract: They eventually gave him one but it was after his 4th year.  Joe Douglas was a part of that experience with Baltimore.  Adams needs to remain a Jet.  I will stand by that.  I'm not moving Star players for Adam Gase who has not proven anything.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2502163

• Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So weird because I’m old enough to remember when Jamal was in his vapours last year when Joe Douglas allegedly tried to trade him to Dallas it is almost as if Jamal was really just mad that Douglas didn’t actually trade him so weird

You know, on this, Adams came out at mid-season and didn’t just whine or sh*t on the franchise, he straight-up slandered the character of Joe Douglas and called him a liar, and Douglas had to go on the ******* radio and answer to those charges. Now it’s clear that Adams made up the basis for his entire grievance and disparaged Douglas to do so. Truly slimy sh*t and I hope the media calls him out on it. 

• Upvote 2

We literally haven't won a freaking thing with this guy on the team.  We can continue losing without him.  I would be in no rush to move him, but actively looking for a steal of a deal.  A 1 and 3 is not enough.  A 1 and someone's third best WR is not enough.  We have all the leverage.  

If I'm JD I'd also be keeping an eye on whether this is another example of a talented player that just can't stand playing for Gase. Not saying Gase has anything to do with this situation but his history of talented players leaving is worth noting.  Need talent to compete in this league...

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• Marcus Maye
  • Blessuan Austin
  • Bryce Huff

• Antonio Cromartie

Woody already had an emergency periscope about Jamal.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

A 1 and 3 is not enough.  A 1 and someone's third best WR is not enough.  We have all the leverage. 

Either of those deals is well more than enough, and probably more than will be offered. Jamal Adams isn't worth what you or he thinks he is. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Why in God's name would you completely torpedo an asset's value to 'prove a point'.

Just saying what would ultimately piss Jamal off the most. 

6 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Exactly. The perception is that what he does on the field is important (it isn't he's a box safety). Use that to your advantage. Trade him for a receiver or pass rusher (positions that actually are important) and improve the team.