The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If the Jets go 9-7 next year, none of these bozos will remember Jamal Adams. If Douglas uses the return to draft a player that contributes to a few playoff runs, it’ll be genius. Best part? Dallas has a two year window from the second they sign Prescott and/or Adams, and they’re not even that good to begin with. 

National media:  The Jets went 9-7 because of pro bowler jamal adams, jets need to pony up and give the man his 20 million.

• Haha 3

We are 16-32 with Jamal Adams.  I’m not saying he should carry the whole team but players that are considered great or elite have a bigger impact even if the team isn’t that great.  I understand he is a defensive player and they don’t put up stats like a offensive player but I’ve seen a lot of bigtime defensive players completely change the course of the defense and team.  Do I think Jamal is very talented?  Absolutely I don’t deny that.  But do I think our defense is lost without him?  No I don’t.  I mean last year Gregg Williams took guys that were practice squad players and actually helped them look pretty good.  In a perfect world I wish Jamal would just shut up and focus on the team for a change but it’s not a perfect would obviously ? 

• Upvote 2

jets handled this badly from day one

thankfully I wont be paying anymore for another rebuild that starts every single year

each year we lose more good players than we gain

we had a terrible offense last year and the only reason we won was defense -jets should have either paid adams before the draft or traded him before the draft.

• Thumb Down 4

3 minutes ago, kmnj said:

thankfully I wont be paying anymore for another rebuild that starts every single year

we had a terrible offense last year and the only reason we won was defense -jets should have either paid adams before the draft or traded him before the draft.

All of this is totally fair criticism.  You're right, everything is to blame on first-year (OK, 1.5 years) GM Joe Douglas.

It's also a great take to suggest that the offense is terrible but the solution is handing Jamal Adams $17-20M per.  Great plan!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kmnj said:

great...so the jets should basically do whatever the players tell them. good plan....

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, kmnj said:

How did the Jets handle it badly?  You are basically saying the Jets should just bend over backwards to pay Adams anything he wants.  Also the kid is never happy.  Even if we did give him an insane contract he would probably bitch about something else because that’s been his MO.  If anything the Jets finally have an adult in the room making smart decisions and won’t hotshot anything 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

No one cares that you're not paying anymore.

Any post suggesting that we should pay Jamal anything with, a minimum of, 2 years left on his contract + the franchise tag is stupid.

The Jets did nothing wrong and your Jamal Adams jersey was a bad purchase.

Good day.

Yes.  Look I understand there are Jamal Adams fans out there I get it.  But at least be fair about it.  The guy had been a total douche for a while now.  He never mentions the team.  He posts videos of Dallas players more than his own teammates.  Also I’m sorry as talented as he is he isn’t as great as he thinks he is.  When he mentioned being in the same league as Aaron Donald and Tom Brady I nearly pissed myself laughing and I hate Brady.  Plus he hadn’t has  3 years left under our control I don’t know why he needs a monster contract right now 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jamal literally doesn't want to play for the Jets.  How can that not cause at least a LITTLE bit of tension?  If it was all about the money, sure, Snacks would be 100 % correct.  But its not.  This is about Adams trying to shoot his way out of town.

Because it's still a job.  Everyone else will be in their lane doing their thing, whether #33 is here or elsewhere. 

Just now, Bugg said:

Because it's still a job.  Everyone else will be in their lane doing their thing, whether #33 is here or elsewhere. 

Right, but we all know how childish Adams can be.  Think he won't cause any problems or rifts at all when he's not named captain, or his anger over his situation spills over into the start of the season, or when he fakes injuries to skip certain games?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Past tense!

Kinda sorta threw some shade at Maye there....Best "FS" in the game, his ego wouldnt allow him to say best "safety" in the game. 

Showing those Freudian slips. 

Just now, Trolly McTrollface said:

This place is going to be crazy when Jets players start coming out with tweets or statements in support of Adams.

Anybody who doesn’t think almost every one of them isn’t already behind their teammate, is fooling themselves.

Don't be dumb  nobody is going to support him or say anything against him.... Snacks is right... They will stay out of his business... Just like baker should have done last year with Duke...