The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Players who produced similar numbers to Adams last year, and the average per year salaries on their current contracts (per overthecap.com):

• LB Jamie Collins, Lions (last year - Patriots)
    • 58 Solo Tackles, 3 INTs, 7.0 Sacks, 3 FFs, 7 PDs, 10 TFLs
    • $10M per season thru 2022
  • CB Logan Ryan, Free Agent (last year - Titans)
    • 73 Solo Tackles, 4 INTs, 4.5 Sacks, 4 FFs, 18 PDs, 4 TFLs
    • $10M per season from 2017-19
  • LB Demario Davis, Saints
    • 87 Solo Tackles, 1 INT, 4.0 Sacks, 0 FFs, 12 PDs, 11 TFLs
    • $8M per season thru 2021
  • LB Cory Littleton, Raiders
    • 78 Solo Tackles, 2 INTs, 3.5 Sacks, 2 FFs, 9 PDs, 6 TFLs
    • $11.75M per season thru 2022
  • LB Jordan Hicks, Cardinals
    • 93 Solo Tackles, 3 INTs, 1.5 Sacks, 2 FFs, 6 PDs, 11 TFLs
    • $8.5M per season thru 2022
  • EDGE Carlos Dunlap, Bengals
    • 39 Solo Tackles, 0 INTs, 9.0 Sacks, 2 FFs, 8 PDs, 13 TFLs
    • $13.5M per season thru 2021
  • S Harrison Smith, Vikings
    • 65 Solo Tackles, 3 INTs, 1.0 Sacks, 3 FFs, 11 PDs, 4 TFLs
    • $10.25M per season thru 2021
  • S Malcolm Jenkins, Saints
    • 63 Solo Tackles, 0 INTs, 2.5 Sacks, 4 FFs, 8 PDs, 6 TFLs
    • $8M per season thru 2023
  • EDGE Whitney Mercilus, Texans
    • 33 Solo Tackles, 2 INTs, 7.5 Sacks, 4 FFs, 2 PDs, 9 TFLs
    • $13.5M per season thru 2023
  • LB Lavonte David, Buccaneers
    •  82 Solo Tackles, 1 INT, 1.0 Sacks, 3 FFs, 7 PDs, 10 TFLs
    • $10M per season thru 2020
  • LB Joe Schobert, Jaguars
    • 89 Solo Tackles, 4 INTs, 2.0 Sacks, 2 FFs, 9 PDs, 7 TFLs
    • $10.75M per season thru 2024
  • S Vonn Bell, Bengals
    • 66 Solo Tackles, 1 INT, 1.5 Sacks, 2 FFs, 5 PDs, 4 TFLs
    • $6M per season thru 2022
  • S Devin McCourty, Patriots
    • 46 Solo Tackles, 5 INTs, 0.0 Sacks, 2 FFs, 7 PDs, 0 TFLs
    • $11.5M per season thru 2024

Players who produced similar numbers to Jamal last year who are still on their rookie deals:

• LB Darius Leonard, Colts
    • 71 Solo Tackles, 5 INTs, 2 FFs, 5.0 Sacks, 7 PDs, 7 TFLs
    • 2018 2nd round pick
  • LB Fred Warner, 49ers
    • 89 Solo Tackles, 1 INT, 3.0 Sacks, 3 FFs, 9 PDs, 7 TFLs
    • 2018 3rd round pick
  • EDGE T.J. Watt, Steelers
    • 35 Solo Tackles, 2 INTs, 14.5 Sacks, 8 FFs, 8 PDs, 14 TFLs
    • 2017 # 30 overall pick
  • CB Jourdan Lewis, Cowboys
    • 38 Solo Tackles, 2 INTs, 4.0 Sacks, 0 FFs, 6 PDs, 4 TFLs
    • 2017 3rd round pick
  • EDGE Yannick Ngakoue, Jaguars
    • 36 Solo Tackles, 1 INT, 8.0 Sacks, 6 PDs, 13 TFLs
    • 2016 3rd round pick

I know I'm preaching to the choir on this one, for the most part.  But for the rest of you, there's ample evidence to suggest Jamal Adams' actual worth and/or market value is a lot closer to $12M than it is $20M, and that his productivity can be replaced adequately for much less money/draft capital than Adams' draft pedigree and contract demands.

Dude. 

Well done, that must have taken you forever to put together. 

Unless you copied it from somewhere, in that case....still well done lol. 

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, choon328 said:

Ed Reed had 21 ints at the end of his 3rd year. There is no comparison between the 2. They are two totally different players. Also Ed Reed was going into his franchise year and Adams is 2 years away from that. There was no 5th year option back then.

I'm not sure what Gase has to do with Adams being a phony and completely trying to orchestrate a move to the Cowboys thru the press. The Jets should never, no matter what the offer is, trade him to Dallas. That would set a terrible precedent.

Collin Coward said it well.  Jamal Adams set the precedent at the Safety position.  Look, I get the negativity that happens when it is played over and over again on Social media.  When you draft a guy in the first round, you hope as a franchise he becomes a good player. Adams has become an All Pro player that could eventually wear a Gold Jacket  Mohammed Wilkerson gone, Sheldon Richardson gone, Leonard Williams gone, the Louisville slugger Pryor gone.  Jets finally drafted a player worthy of a contract because he is the top at his position.  When you look back on players who were top at their position, Revis, Keyshawn, John Abraham how many people say we should have never gotten rid of that guy.  Adams is that guy.

Trading him away from the Jets to any other team sets an even worse precedent.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I liked that ESPN article the other day where they polled seven of their writers on how to deal with Adams. The first question was, “Do you think Adams is good????” and the answers were all like:

R1: OMG A TRANSFORMATIONAL JACKKNIFE

R2: OMG A TRUE WINNER BEST PLAYER IN FOOTBALL

R3: OMG LIKE LAWRENCE TAYLOR AND DEION COMBINED

Then the second question was, “Would you trade two firsts for him????” And the answers were all:

R1: BISH PLEASE ARE YOU NUTS?

R2: TWO FIRSTs!?!?!? FOR A SAFETY?? FECK THAT!

R3: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NO

The third question was, “Would you make him the highest paid safety in the game”

R1: OMG DAWG PLZ **** THAT

R2: JESUS CHRIST NO

R3: I MEAN MAYBE BUT ONLY IF I WAS LAUNDERING CASH

Interesting perspective.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Marckry said:

After a review of 2020 salary and dead cap, here is a fair package (IMO), for Jamal Adams

Jets trade Jamal Adams to Dallas and ask for in return

Cee Dee Lamb - WR

Tony Pollard - RB

If you could expand the deal, Jets throw in Leveon Bell and Cowboys add OT Tyron Smith

Jets add in basic deal a stud WR to go along with Mims and Crowder, and a young promising RB, and if the deal is expanded add a Pro Bowl OT to pair with Beckton and give Pollard the starting RB spot

Changed... I would ask for Ty Smith and in return for a 1st and Ty, I'd give them back Fant and Adams...  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Marckry said:

After a review of 2020 salary and dead cap, here is a fair package (IMO), for Jamal Adams

Jets trade Jamal Adams to Dallas and ask for in return

Cee Dee Lamb - WR

Tony Pollard - RB

If you could expand the deal, Jets throw in Leveon Bell and Cowboys add OT Tyron Smith

Jets add in basic deal a stud WR to go along with Mims and Crowder, and a young promising RB, and if the deal is expanded add a Pro Bowl OT to pair with Beckton and give Pollard the starting RB spot

GIF by Chicks on the Right

• Upvote 2

I want to know since when does a player make personnel  decisions?  All this I'm trying to go to Dallas and I will miss playing with you BS on his twitter feed is just about the stupidest  thing I have ever seen.

Does anyone think BB would even take notice of any of this? Adams is only going to be traded if JD wants to do it, not because he wants to be traded. 

These threads need to stop already. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

Collin Coward said it well.  Jamal Adams set the precedent at the Safety position.  Look, I get the negativity that happens when it is played over and over again on Social media.  When you draft a guy in the first round, you hope as a franchise he becomes a good player. Adams has become an All Pro player that could eventually wear a Gold Jacket  Mohammed Wilkerson gone, Sheldon Richardson gone, Leonard Williams gone, the Louisville slugger Pryor gone.  Jets finally drafted a player worthy of a contract because he is the top at his position.  When you look back on players who were top at their position, Revis, Keyshawn, John Abraham how many people say we should have never gotten rid of that guy.  Adams is that guy.

Great players get traded all of the time in the NFL.  That's one of the negatives of a salary cap system. Better players have been traded before now and will be after. 

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I liked that ESPN article the other day where they polled seven of their writers on how to deal with Adams. The first question was, “Do you think Adams is good????” and the answers were all like:

Then the second question was, “Would you trade two firsts for him????” And the answers were all:

The third question was, “Would you make him the highest paid safety in the game”

Vintage form on this one. For the younger generation who may not know who you were. You should retire now to keep from further ruining your legacy.

23 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Great players get traded all of the time in the NFL.  That's one of the negatives of a salary cap system. Better players have been traded before now and will be after. 

Doesn't mean it's the right choice for the Jets.  

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

He’s the Kardashians of the NFL. 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Doesn't mean it's the right choice for the Jets.  

The right choice prior to Adams crying like a baby was to trade him and acquire assets that will help Darnold and its still the right choice now. Jamal Adams plays at an all pro level and the Jets still stink.  If Darnold plays at an all pro level they're a Super Bowl team.  That's the best analogy to show how less important Adams is to the Jets than Darnold. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The right choice prior to Adams crying like a baby was to trade him and acquire assets that will help Darnold and its still the right choice now. Jamal Adams plays at an all pro level and the Jets still stink.  If Darnold plays at an all pro level they're a Super Bowl team.  That's the best analogy to show how less important Adams is to the Jets than Darnold. 

I don't agree that was the best/right choice. Players get peeved at their contract situation all the time too, it's not like JA is trodding a new path here. Bitching on social media/to the media is even a new thing. It's dumb and annoying, but not new.

What JD did was the right move. Wait till the smoke clears on the season/cap and make an informed decision at that point. JA can complain but it doesn't change that fact.

Gallup is fine. But if we are grabbing a player + a pick from the Cowboys, I'd prefer La'el Collins, or Connor Williams. Either of them plus a second is a realistic haul. Flip the second to the Steelers for Juju.

Juju plus an upgrade to the o-line helps Sam so much more in his development, than Adams ever could. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

The CD Lamb trade proposals have to stop, no way are they trading him. 

If Adams -- as an established All-Pro SS entering his prime -- cannot get a first round WR who has yet to play an NFL down in return, that speaks volumes to Adams worth. Perhaps JD should share with Adams the substance of any trade offers for Adams that he receives? Maybe that will bring Jamal back to earth and make him understand that the Jets actually value him more than any other team, and he just has to wait for his next contract because that is how this works. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think JD has to always act in the best intersts of the Jets.  In my mind, he should set a price he is willing to move Jamal for, and if he gets it, make the deal.  If he gets his price from one of the teams Jamal wants to play for, so be it.  If he can't get his price, then Jamal is under cotnract and will play for the Jets this season. 

JD's decision process should only be about making the Jets better.  Best way to stick it to Jamal would be to build a winner without him.  I don't care if Adams ultiamtely gets what he wants, I just want the Jets to win.  With him or without him.

The only answer.

51 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I don't agree that was the best/right choice. Players get peeved at their contract situation all the time too, it's not like JA is trodding a new path here. Bitching on social media/to the media is even a new thing. It's dumb and annoying, but not new.

What JD did was the right move. Wait till the smoke clears on the season/cap and make an informed decision at that point. JA can complain but it doesn't change that fact.

**** Jamal Adams

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BUM-KNEE said:

And Adams can’t simply sit out a year like Bell or Trent Williams.  The jets have him under contract really for 3 more years

let him b-tch on twitter like a 9 year old girl until JD gets a good offer 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And Adams can’t simply sit out a year like Bell or Trent Williams.  The jets have him under contract really for 3 more years

let him b-tch on twitter like a 9 year old girl until JD gets a good offer 

Agreed Phil

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

Here’s the thing, even setting aside his current bitch fest and the positional value arguments, and assuming he is the best player at his position: he still has 2 years left on his contract, and an additional 1-2 years of potential control via the franchise tag. He (and those that subscribe to the Colin Cowherd argument) wants the Jets to rip up the next 3-4 cost controlled years and hand him a new contract that sets a “precedent” for safeties, and pays him in the range of the highest paid defensive players in football. If he was a free agent and could fully explore his market value, that would be understandable.

Fact of the matter is, as much Jamal seems to be deluded into thinking the opposite, he’s not a free agent. He wants to treat this like a business, well in any business there needs to be a give and take. In exchange for ripping up his current contract, Jamal needs to accept that the cost for his financial security will ultimately lower his yearly salary.

It’s all about leverage, and right now he has very little. If he has a problem with that, his problem should not be with the Jets, it should be with the union for negotiating a deal that mandates 5 year contracts for 1st rounders with the option for tags extending that contract potentially a couple of more years.

Again, leaving out the drama and positional value, the Jets would be incredibly stupid to forego the mountain of leverage on their side to hand out a record-breaking deal.

• Upvote 2