Is Jamal Worth the Drama?

Yes, but it's not the drama he wants.  It's time for the Jets to send a loud message that the Revis Plan is no longer in effect in Florham Park.  We're not suckers anymore.  You can't play us like that.

We own him.  So we're going to keep him.  If he wants to rot on the bench instead of earning a big payday elsewhere, good.  I'm sure Gregg Williams would love to have a plaything like that to motivate the rest of the team.

#FUJamal  #defunded

SAR I

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Honestly I don’t think he is a great player.  I think great players impact the game more and it results in more wins.  I think he is a very talented player but not as great as he thinks he is 

I don't think a safety can impact a game as much as some other positions can. There's certain positions that have bigger impacts on a game than a safety can. But I do believe he's a great player. 

Just my opinion.

6 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I don't think a safety can impact a game as much as some other positions can. There's certain positions that have bigger impacts on a game than a safety can. But I do believe he's a great player. 

Just my opinion.

Yes that’s true a safety doesn’t have as big of an impact as a QB but personally I don’t see him be dominant consistently.  I think he is very good but I expect more from players who are suppose to be great 

If you look at the the teams he wants to go to, very few are going to be interested in paying  big $ to a safety.

Chiefs- record QB contract upcoming and cap hell already

Eagles- cap issues

Bucs- Paying Brady a billion already

Cowboys- having issues already paying their third rate Qb

Ravens- Big Qb contact coming as well, but maybe they will do it.

I think JD will want to send him to the NFC. But Jamal probably has to open up to more teams

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I think JD knows he has one shot at being an NFL GM and he's not going to let some overrated box safety make him look like a pu**y to the whole league.  Jamal has made this one massive, high-profile standoff and there's no way JD is going to cave.  None.

He's going to be a Jet.  On our terms.  He can ride the bench.  He can carry water for Gregg Williams and the players who actually want to win.

SAR I

I think you are correct

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Absolutely. They could of simply made one phone call to Adams and said we’re going to wait until after this year and do a new contract, we’ll work on it now, we’re gonna try to trade you etc. No drama. 

Umm.  Dude.  Jamal would have ensured there was drama and b*tched on twitter about it.  What are you talking about right now?  At every turn he was going to cause problems until he got what he wanted.

No one phone call, conversation, or any other strategy would have worked.  He was always going to cause problems.

Anyone who disagrees with that just wasn't paying attention.

2 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

If you look at the the teams he wants to go to, very few are going to be interested in paying  big $ to a safety.

Chiefs- record QB contract upcoming and cap hell already

Eagles- cap issues

Bucs- Paying Brady a billion already

Cowboys- having issues already paying their third rate Qb

Ravens- Big Qb contact coming as well, but maybe they will do it.

I think JD will want to send him to the NFC. But Jamal probably has to open up to more teams

Chiefs, Eagles and Ravens actually have good management so forget about them trying to pay Adams 

Bucs are going all in on the next 2 seasons with Brady and remember Bowles and Adams have history

• Sympathy 1

I loved him until recently.  I still wouldn’t trade him until after this season.  A trade doesn’t help us for the 2020 season.  The same picks we could get now we could probably get after the 2020 season as well.  If he acts like a baby he’s stuck here for three more years.  Let him BMC all he wants there’s not much he can do until 3 seasons from now.  

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Umm.  Dude.  Jamal would have ensured there was drama and b*tched on twitter about it.  What are you talking about right now?  At every turn he was going to cause problems until he got what he wanted.

No one phone call, conversation, or any other strategy would have worked.  He was always going to cause problems.

He wants a bigger contract to go with his ego and was told they’d talk to him about it and never did. One phone call could of helped. 

I hate drama but the kid is a game changer and the most talented (only proven talented) player on our entire team? If you trade him away you really need to find something valuable in return which I don't think would be easy. He is on track to be a hall of fame player regardless of position you don't trade guys like that away for penuts because they are a headache sometimes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

I hate drama but the kid is a game changer and the most talented (only proven talented) player on our entire team? If you trade him away you really need to find something valuable in return which I don't think would be easy. He is on track to be a hall of fame player regardless of position you don't trade guys like that away for penuts because they are a headache sometimes.

It ain’t sometimes . He disrespected the fanbase and the organization. He called the fans racist. And I’m not going for the “ it was only a retweet “ excuse. He needs to grow up. Good kid, but he a lot of maturing to do.

• Upvote 3

On 6/19/2020 at 8:25 AM, Losmeister said:

jamal adams would push women and children outta the way on his way off the titanic...  a leader

On 6/19/2020 at 9:33 AM, playtowinthegame said:

He would even shove the violinist overboard after handcuffing Darnold to a pipe.

He would make you swim alongside his makeshift raft, even though there’s an abundance of space for you.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I see you're confused by this @Trolly McTrollface.  It's pretty simple why this is a bad take from Mick (if he indeed was serious when he stated it), for 2 reasons:

1) Had Douglas actually sat down for negotiations, it would have gone something like this:  Adams demands somehere in the neighborhood of $20M per.  Douglas responds that he sees Adams' value at something in the neighborhood of $15M per.  I.E., top Safety money but not top defensive player of the year money.  Adams feels insulted.  Adams demands a trade.  

2) Drama might as well be Jamal's middle name.  He lives for it.  That's what people with Narcissistic Personality Disorder do:  Never take blame for anything and put it on someone else.  Smarter NPD folks find more sophisticated, Machiavellian ways to try to get their way.  Adams, lacking such intelligence, just throws a tirade to try to get his way.  

With two years left on your rookie deal, top safety money should be off the table, with top defender money laughed at.  The only reason for the Jets to pay him now is if he wants to give a win-win discount that gets him new money today and the Jets more cap flexibility.  Otherwise he can pound rocks.

And this doesn’t even acknowledge that he’s wildly overrated and not worth it down the road either.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Jets are 16-32 with Adams

In what ways has Adams changed the games?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Im like others who have defended him and still will defend his play and worth

But at some point it becomes a case of do you want to constantly hear it?  Is he worth the chatter?  Or would you rather have some replacement happy with his situation who just comes in. and plays

If he can't come in, sign his check and give 100+% like you want out of a player its time to move on.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He wants out or get paid a record level to stay here. Timing-wise is probably because of the stiffer holdout penalties. Is that in effect this year or starting next year? 

On 6/19/2020 at 7:51 AM, More Cowbell said:

Who the Hell cares what he says on twitter. If I was Douglas and someone asked me about what Adams tweets, I would answer what are tweets. 

Welcome to 2020 put down your newspaper 

17 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

I don't think this is a factor. I think JD would trade Adams to the Cheats if they had the best offer. The reason he's not worth giving a huge payday to is the same reason I wouldn't care where he ended up. 

14 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Chiefs, Eagles and Ravens actually have good management so forget about them trying to pay Adams 

Bucs are going all in on the next 2 seasons with Brady and remember Bowles and Adams have history

The idea of him going to the Bucs and complaining about needing a dawg at QB amuses me. 

12 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I loved him until recently.  I still wouldn’t trade him until after this season.  A trade doesn’t help us for the 2020 season.  The same picks we could get now we could probably get after the 2020 season as well.  If he acts like a baby he’s stuck here for three more years.  Let him BMC all he wants there’s not much he can do until 3 seasons from now.  

Trade helps this season if the Jets get a starting caliber WR, CB, Edge, or OL as part of the package. Gallup and a first from the Cowboys is my favorite fantasy trade. Jets would be a better team this year, and have an extra first rounder next year on top of it. It's not a bad trade for Dallas, either, who have Cooper and Lamb at WR. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

He wants out or get paid a record level to stay here. Timing-wise is probably because of the stiffer holdout penalties. Is that in effect this year or starting next year? 

That’s true but I also think he can’t help himself, he wants to be relevant daily even if it’s to the long term detriment to his career and wallet. Seeing himself trend on line and in the ticker at ESPN literally seems to override  any long term goal he feigns to have . He listed teams that were winning franchises, not ones that had the cap space to pay him. He even admitted he’d stay at current deal for the right team. It’s not money in my humble fat opinion, it’s just Jamal, in Jamal’s head, The Prez!!!

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

Not that you need to hear this from me, BUT....

Ive defended Adams as much if not more than anyone here, but after yesterday, I’m done with that, and him.

i said what I said yesterday about Douglas, and I meant it, and stand by it.

But today? After reading lord knows how many posts about this, it’s just noise. It’s June. Let this breathe for a couple of days. 

Why let yourself get so worked up about a guy who doesn’t want to be here? You always say you believe in Douglas. Give him time to work out a resolution.

*and don’t worry so much about those who feel differently right now. ?

Good post.  Feel similar.  Joe D will sort this out one way or the other.  We have very limited sports to discuss and we are left with this during the Age of Covid.  Most of it is posturing (noise) cause he wants to get paid.  He's locked here for two years.  Tell him to take it up with the NFLPA.  All the noise hurts his brand as much as the Jets.  I still think he add more value on our roster then another but if Joe D thinks he needs to go, then he needs to go.     

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, slats said:

Trade helps this season if the Jets get a starting caliber WR, CB, Edge, or OL as part of the package. Gallup and a first from the Cowboys is my favorite fantasy trade. Jets would be a better team this year, and have an extra first rounder next year on top of it. It's not a bad trade for Dallas, either, who have Cooper and Lamb at WR. 

On the other hand, Adams has a negligible impact on the W/L anyway so “helping the team in 2020” shouldn’t be a consideration. We’re going 7-9 with or without his mouth

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Please prove to me that he is a game change because he is not at all.  If he was a game changer the jets would not be wallowing with 5,5,7 wins in his three years.

If he was true elite and had 5 ints a year to go along with his box play and those turnovers helped us win meaningful games he would be a game changer, but he is not.

Not only that but by allowing him to play the way he does we give up a lot, no safety help in coverage on many plays, ilbs covering slot wrs etc.

I think most teams in the league know this as well thus we are not going to get the 'great' offer for him in trade,

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

On the other hand, Adams has a negligible impact on the W/L anyway so “helping the team in 2020” shouldn’t be a consideration. We’re going 7-9 with or without his mouth

I see 11 to 12 wins and  AFC East champs without him. After JD finishes stripping Mal's future team the Jets will take flight.

• Upvote 2