Positive, Bold CBS Predictions

Jet Nut

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Two big reasons for the Jets' second-half turnaround were quarterback Sam Darnold and the inspired play of Gregg Williams' defense. 

A third reason would be the tomato can schedule. 

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

...the Jets did enough good things right this offseason to make me believe that we'll see more Jekyll and less Hyde this fall. 

I think, for a football team, I'd prefer more Hyde than Jekyll. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I'll say it again - the Jets schedule isn't as bad as it appears because the Pats aren't the Pats. We have a division that will be up for grabs in December. The winner of the division could be 9-7 - so it's not as tough a road to the playoffs as it's been with the Pats running away with the division by late October.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I'll say it again - the Jets schedule isn't as bad as it appears because the Pats aren't the Pats. We have a division that will be up for grabs in December. The winner of the division could be 9-7 - so it's not as tough a road to the playoffs as it's been with the Pats running away with the division by late October.

agree with this.  these tough schedules are based on the past year's performance and not many teams are successful year after year.  when i look at the schedule they maybe play 3 or so teams that are perennielly good.  most of the others are fair to middling and can be beaten.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Has Bell actually admitted that his body was not up for it and that he bit off more than he could chew?  Fk him and the horse he rode in on and his huge contract and his "itch" to play football.  

And here I was blaming Gase for misusing him.....

• Upvote 2

Miss a full season and train like you always did and after 6 years in the NFL, you probably dont perform like you did.  Need to train differently.

Not seeing the issue. He never said he didnt train.  We all saw the videos of his training regimen of the past. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

11-5, Yannick 16 sacks, Maye DPOTY, Bitonti huffing glue on the aft deck of the Staten Island ferry wondering how he could have been so wrong again before settling on “actually, all the credit should go to Dowell Loggains.”

but...but...where's the Jamal posts?

• Haha 2

Mental health health professionals have a terrific term "projection."

Whatever you are huffing to feel like this, please pass it to the left hand side

11-5, Yannick 16 sacks, Maye DPOTY, Bitonti huffing glue on the aft deck of the Staten Island ferry wondering how he could have been so wrong again before settling on “actually, all the credit should go to Dowell Loggains.”

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, shevys said:

B.S. Every team we played in the second half of last season thought WE were the tomato can in that match up. 

We beat the Cowboys, the Raiders, the Steelers and it makes no matter who they played the Bills.  4 games everyone penciled in as losses heading into the season

And we lost to the fins and bengals, two teams everyone penciled in as wins.  

Schedules change for lots of reasons.  

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

Has Bell actually admitted that his body was not up for it and that he bit off more than he could chew?  Fk him and the horse he rode in on and his huge contract and his "itch" to play football.  

And here I was blaming Gase for misusing him.....

I took it more that he wants to be special and didnt come into camp in special shape(see this year).  Last year he was in shape but he wants to be one of the top backs and just being in shape doesnt get you that.  

3 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

I took it more that he wants to be special and didnt come into camp in special shape(see this year).  Last year he was in shape but he wants to be one of the top backs and just being in shape doesnt get you that.  

Sorry but IMHO when you sign a new huge $ contract this is just NOT acceptable....... "I had the itch to get back to playing football last year, (but) I didn't have my body ready how I needed to have my body ready to be special," said Bell.

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

Sorry but IMHO when you sign a new huge $ contract this is just NOT acceptable....... "I had the itch to get back to playing football last year, (but) I didn't have my body ready how I needed to have my body ready to be special," said Bell.

You just arent getting what hes saying.