2019 Report: Jim Harbaugh seeking opportunity to leave Michigan

NYJ1

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Coaching the Jets isn't much of a face-saving move, but it beats getting fired. I think.

Coaching the Jets and winning a SB and turning this franchise around would be huge .He would be a hero . I'm pretty sure if he comes here next year with the picks we have and the money to spend we could be in contention just as fast as SF was with no problem at all.

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

First off, no, he did not average 10 wins a year, especially if you count this year (when he already has 4 losses in 6 games). Counting this year (and taking the shorter season into account) it's 9 wins a year. Regardless, 10 wins a year in college football is not a big deal for a major program. It's considered a bad year when teams like Michigan, OSU, Bama, Penn State, Oklahoma only win 9 games. 

He was 1-4 in bowl games. 

He never beat Ohio State. 

He was 3-3 vs Michigan state. 

He was 1-8 vs top 10 teams. 

But yes, every year he trounced the likes of Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, Nebraska, Purdue and some cupcake non-conference opponents. 

Dude. No Jet fan gives a crap about his "college career" when we don't want him as our College coach; we want him as our NFL Head Coach. 

Care to discuss and attack/harp all over his NFL coaching career? ?

• A winning record of 44-19-1. 

• A winning percentage of .695%. 

• 5th Highest NFL Head Coaching Winning Percentage of All-Time. 

• Sent at least 7-9 players to the Pro Bowl each and every season (his players loved playing hard under him). 

• Turned around Alex Smith from a former career losing #1 overall NFL bust into an immediate NFL winner (instantly) and led an average/mediocre Kaep into the SB. 

• 4 years with 0 losing seasons consisting of winning records of 11-5-1, 12-4 and 13-3. 

• 3 NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance. 

• San Francisco immediately fell off the map following his departure to Michigan with 4 consecutive losing seasons of below .500 football (which resulted in the GM of San Francisco, who Jim absolutely hated; getting fired). 

And while you're talking about his "Michigan failures" us Jet fans really couldn't care less because A.) We want him as our NFL Head Coach ala San Francisco 49ers and B.) His first NFL stint was 10x better than Bill Belichick's first NFL stint. 

Speaking of "college football" why don't you admit how once having his hands on a Trevor Lawrence type of QB talent how he turned and developed a young Andrew Luck as a true Freshman/Sophomore into the greatest QB prospect since dating back to John Elway/Peyton Manning while leading Stanford to a 12-1 record during Luck's Sophomore season before bolting for San Francisco and the NFL? 

What?

None of this would fit your little Michigan driven agenda?

PS: 1997 and 1948 were the last times Michigan Football ever won a National Championship...

and you should look at their record 6 years prior to Jim arriving (and you'll realize how he made Michigan better just like he made both Stanford/49ers better following his arrival). 

Throughout 14 years of Head Coaching @ Stanford/49ers/Michigan he's featuring a WINNING record of (combined) of 122-62 (.663%). 

Only an absolute clueless Football fan could ever consider an HC as a "loser" despite a career head coaching winning record and winning percentage of 122-62 (.663%) throughout a 14 year coaching career. 

Bill Belichick is (.676%) throughout 26 years compared to (.663) throughout 14 years in Jim Harbaugh (one was blessed with Tom Brady and the other, wasn't). 

Any Jet fan who considers Jim as anything except a winning football coach A.) Doesn't know Football and B.) Deserves Kotite and Gase....

• Post of the Week 3

2 hours ago, Lith said:

I knew it didn't sound right when the article said Michigan was 5-2.

Or that Penn State was ranked when Michigan lost to them.

"At 5-2 this season with both losses to ranked teams in Wisconsin and Penn State, the standard once again is not being met."

• Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Snook said:

A few years back (quite a few actually) who would have imagined Nebraska would have been included in this as an easy opponent?

Exactly. 

And Jet fans seen not to know how the last two years Michigan EVER won a National Championship was 1997 and before that 1948. 

But yet certain types of Jet fans act and pretend as if he selected a "Football Powerhouse" to coach when in reality he only selected Michigan out of loyalty (as a former Alumni). 

Mind boggling. 

40 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Dude. No Jet fan gives a crap about his "college career" when we don't want him as our College coach; we want him as our NFL Head Coach. 

• Sent at least 7-9 players to the Pro Bowl each and every season (his players loved playing hard under him). 

• Turned around Alex Smith from a former career losing #1 overall NFL bust into an immediate NFL winner (instantly) and led an average/mediocre Kaep into the SB. 

• 4 years with 0 losing seasons consisting of winning records of 11-5-1, 12-4 and 13-3. 

• San Francisco immediately fell off the map following his departure to Michigan with 4 consecutive losing seasons of below .500 football (which resulted in the GM of San Francisco, who Jim absolutely hated; getting fired). 

And while you're talking about his "Michigan failures" us Jet fans really couldn't care less because A.) We want him as our NFL Head Coach ala San Francisco 49ers and B.) His first NFL stint was 10x better than Bill Belichick's first NFL stint. 

Speaking of "college football" why don't you admit how once having his hands on a Trevor Lawrence type of QB talent how he turned and developed a young Andrew Luck as a true Freshman/Sophomore into the greatest QB prospect since dating back to John Elway/Peyton Manning while leading Stanford to a 12-1 record during Luck's Sophomore season before bolting for San Francisco and the NFL? 

What?

PS: 1997 and 1948 were the last times Michigan Football ever won a National Championship...

and you should look at their record 6 years prior to Jim arriving (and you'll realize how he made Michigan better just like he made both Stanford/49ers better following his arrival). 

Throughout 14 years of Head Coaching @ Stanford/49ers/Michigan he's featuring a WINNING record of (combined) of 122-62 (.663%). 

Only an absolute clueless Football fan could ever consider an HC as a "loser" despite a career head coaching winning record and winning percentage of 122-62 (.663%) throughout a 14 year coaching career. 

Bill Belichick is (.676%) throughout 26 years compared to (.663) throughout 14 years in Jim Harbaugh (one was blessed with Tom Brady and the other, wasn't). 

Any Jet fan who considers Jim as anything except a winning football coach A.) Doesn't know Football and B.) Deserves Kotite and Gase....

You literally know nothing about college football when you think his record at michigan is good. 

Everyone at michigan wants him gone. Do you think that's because he's done such a good job? 

• Post of the Week 2

7 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You literally know nothing about college football when you think his record at michigan is good. 

Everyone at michigan wants him gone. Do you think that's because he's done such a good job? 

Okay, but the point is, most Jet fans do not care about his college record. We'd want him as an NFL head coach, not college coach. And he's also proven to have a lot of great success as an NFL coach with the 49ers. 

If Jim Harbaugh is actually available after the season, he'd be very high on my list.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Hes ******* GARBAGE and everyone ends up hating him. 

2012 is a million years ago. 

Harbaugh = McCarthy

I understand the comparison you are making by saying they are riding former successes. My only question with Harbaugh is "has the game passed him by?" If the answer is no then he should be near the top of our list. If the answer is yes then you don't entertain him.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Why do you keep hiding and running away from his NFL coaching career with a .695% winning percentage (5th highest with NFL coaching history) along with his 3 NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance with records of 11-5-1, 12-4 and 13-3?

I know more than you think I known. 

Care to talk about Michigan's record 6 years prior to Jim ever even arriving?

They only went 44-33 (.571%) throughout their previous 6 seasons prior to Jim's arrival compared to 49-22 (.690%) throughout 6 years following Jim's arrival. 

Or does that not fit your Michigan powerhouse agenda?

No. I think it's really YOU who literally knows nothing about college Football especially considering the fact how you have no idea that 1997 and before that 1948 was the last time MICHIGAN FOOTBALL (ever) won a National Championship. 

I know enough about college Football to know that (the last time Jim got his hands on a TL type QB talent) Jim Harbaugh turned and developed a Freshman/Sophomore Andrew Luck into the highest rated QB prospect since dating back to Elway/Manning and went 12-1 @ STANFORD during Luck's Sophomore season. 

"You literally know nothing about NFL football when you think his record at San Francisco wasn't great"

You see what I just did to you there? I used your own words withinin a mockingly way...

• 44-19 overall @ San Francisco. 

• .695% NFL winning percentage (5th highest NFL winning percentage of All-Time). 

• 4 Years with 0 losing seasons with winning records of 11-5-1, 12-4 and 13-3. 

• 3 NFC Championship Games and 1 SB appearance throughout a 4 year run. 

• Sent 7-10 players to the Pro Bowl each and every year (because his 49ers players loved to play hard under him). 

"You literally know nothing about NFL football when you think his record at San Francisco wasn't great"

???‍♂️??

alexharbaugh.0.gif.56c3b91a91a03ecc50fda32a7d59265d.gifs-gatorade.jpg.54df5aecce71b558598a1c35feb3e69f.jpg920x920.jpg.83b1fa4dbd96a3a337717ec9cdaf93cf.jpg137013875_8.jpg.a05a2eed623f491c79cf24e1f97fd210.jpg

hi-res-152106483_crop_exact.jpg.63bed20d8c403eacc66c377703f0c7f5.jpg1200x0.thumb.jpg.2b976a21d6e458c03907cf9e772bdf94.jpg456295386.0.thumb.jpg.e1a82c3e4ba2b546a5a5a71571f3cacf.jpg

5b7c4e880fc97.image.thumb.jpg.e1cc4c6028da324d733eaca97d263e80.jpg1724274350_images(6).jpeg.fd3a97af4f55aa7f134ffa8cc33f602d.jpeg1926654553_images(5).jpeg.e5f563f4b315403fbfe812eab323d942.jpegmoodyhighap.jpg.640e1ee0ab4cbddfeaf3dd9882ba9a1e.jpg

"He was hated". 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

First off, no, he did not average 10 wins a year, especially if you count this year (when he already has 4 losses in 6 games). Counting this year (and taking the shorter season into account) it's 9 wins a year. Regardless, 10 wins a year in college football is not a big deal for a major program. It's considered a bad year when teams like Michigan, OSU, Bama, Penn State, Oklahoma only win 9 games. 

He was 1-4 in bowl games. 

He never beat Ohio State. 

He was 3-3 vs Michigan state. 

He was 1-8 vs top 10 teams. 

But yes, every year he trounced the likes of Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, Nebraska, Purdue and some cupcake non-conference opponents. 

College is not the NFL.  Success or failure as a coach in college football means nothing with regard to coaching in the NFL.  The man was a winner in the NFL.  And people  who judge or complain about how he leaves Michigan to get back to the NFL need to go back and read how Parcells punched his way out of New England to get here in 97 or how Belichick did the same to leave here to go to NE. Who cares how he gets here as long as he gets here?  As for college success being a barometer, how did Saban do in the NFL? Or Spurrier? Chip Kelly?  It's two different skill sets.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Paging Woody Johnson, paging Woody Johnson!

Woody Johnson weighed in on the Harbaugh rumor, and emphatically made it known Harbaugh was not welcome because he shakes hands to hard and draws negative attention because of it.

I think Harbaugh is the best chance for a Parcells-type overnight culture change.  He may wear out his welcome eventually but he stands the best chance to make this team a winner in short order.  Trevor Lawrence with Harbaugh coaching would be quite formidable.

On the other hand, if we could get Matt Campbell or David Shaw that might be even better.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

That article was from a year ago. The Johnson's have been inquiring about Harbaugh since 2009. Now, Michigan is 2-4. You do the math. Harbaugh IS leaving:

1) Michigan wants to win and Harbaugh does NOT do enough winning for them. There's also that Ohio St. thing?

2) Harbaugh AND Michigan want Harbaugh to leave gracefully. Harbaugh being offered and accepting the Jets job allows him him to save face and move on. It's a win win for both sides.

3) The Jets job is likely the very most attractive job? They don't have any talent but that can be viewed positively. Harbaugh, a control freak, would love to have a roster he built from the ground up. They also have a boat load of picks.

I will lose my SH@% if they hire him and he doesn't follow JD's lead. I would much rather JD control the roster than that dude.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Okay, but the point is, most Jet fans do not care about his college record. We'd want him as an NFL head coach, not college coach. And he's also proven to have a lot of great success as an NFL coach with the 49ers. 

If Jim Harbaugh is actually available after the season, he'd be very high on my list.

How do you know what most Jets fans think? And if most Jets fans think the ability to coach a team to success in college doesn't translate to the NFL then I don't really care what "Most" Jets fans think. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

How do you know what most Jets fans think? And if most Jets fans think the ability to coach a team to success in college doesn't translate to the NFL then I don't really care what "Most" Jets fans think. 

Apples and oranges. Besides, Harbaugh has had tremendous success already as an NFL head coach. It's not exactly like you're hiring an unknown and unproven coach at the NFL level. Only question moreso is if the NFL game has passed Harbaugh by, which I don't believe so. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Apples and oranges. Besides, Harbaugh has had tremendous success already as an NFL head coach. It's not exactly like you're hiring an unknown and unproven coach at the NFL level. Only question moreso is if the NFL game has passed Harbaugh by, which I don't believe so. 

The NFL game has evolved immensely since he last coached in the NFL. Luckily, we have seen him coach in college on the same platform for the last 6 years as Lincoln Reily and many others and he has looked like a guy who has not kept up with the evolution of the game. His offenses don't look good, He has developed a QB into one that is even considered a really good College QB, let alone an NFL prospect. 

Let's stop acting like College football is some completely different sport like this is the 1970s and college teams are running the triple option. We have seen NFL coaches go to observe College Coaches to see how they can implement their new, creative passing schemes. 

If Michigan's offense was putting up 40 points a week and they were losing 42-40, I wouldn't care as much about the record, but we are going to bring in Trevor Lawrence, hopefully, and you want a guy that has helped oversee bad offenses for 6 years to be his head coach??? Think about that. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The NFL game has evolved immensely since he last coached in the NFL. Luckily, we have seen him coach in college on the same platform for the last 6 years as Lincoln Reily and many others and he has looked like a guy who has not kept up with the evolution of the game. His offenses don't look good, He has developed a QB into one that is even considered a really good College QB, let alone an NFL prospect. 

Let's stop acting like College football is some completely different sport like this is the 1970s and college teams are running the triple option. We have seen NFL coaches go to observe College Coaches to see how they can implement their new, creative passing schemes. 

If Michigan's offense was putting up 40 points a week and they were losing 42-40, I wouldn't care as much about the record, but we are going to bring in Trevor Lawrence, hopefully, and you want a guy that has helped oversee bad offenses for 6 years to be his head coach??? Think about that. 

Evolved?  Lol you think the nfl has radically changed in 5 years

5 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The last thing fans of the Patriots, Bills and Dolphins want to see happened is our NY Jets land both Trevor Lawrence and Jim Harbaugh for many of years to come (those fan bases want to see us win 1 game so bad in order to miss out on Trevor Lawrence). 

I think Tua will bust for the Dolphins especially while they keep Fitzcancer around.  Patriots are spinning their wheels and will probably sign Garropolo next offseason which guarantees another 6-10 season.  Bills aren’t that great and Allen will eventually break down playing as a glorified running back

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Says the boy who thought Becton would be a bust 

Entirely untrue. Never once said he would be a bust.  Not even close to that.  I certainly pointed out concerns from his college game.  Being objective around gets attacked.  
there was absolutely reason for concern with him. Thankfully, when healthy, he’s been pretty good.  Not nearly as good as most of you are making him out to be. But very good for a rookie for sure.  

9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

What?

DROP THE MIC ?