Washington Post Expose on Mehta - The Juicy Details

IndianaJet

13 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Actually my point was precisely that there are no "truth tellers," but when someone cites a particular paper that happens to have a liberal bias, it's not a far stretch to guess that they are partial to right-wing or conservative outlets, which seem more truthful only because they reinforce that person's prejudices. I don't disagree with your general commentary on the state of journalism. It has become a massive pissing match and we, as consumers, are the victims. The state of "journalism" coupled with the fantasy bubbles that inundate the internet has so corrupted our sense of reality that we are left with the worst of all possible worlds -- one where facts are completely drowned out by empty opinion and malevolent lie-machines, often perpetrated by state actors. The enlightenment appears dead. We are firmly back in the middle ages.

"The Athletic" is actually a fairly objective and good read. It is subscription based on not driven by ads.

I'm very proud of the Johnson's for standing up to this creep and lawyering-up to get him off the Jets beat.  His awful tactics were very transparent, he had a terrible, vengeful agenda, and he did more damage to this team than any coach or player ever did.

F you, Manish.  

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

Who did I want them to pay? Matt Rhule

That 100 million spend was to get them above the floor

The team hasn't spent to the salary cap since Rex and they have not handed out a second deal since mo Wilkerson

Todd Bowles by the way was getting paid peanuts by hc standards and the Jets get a refund from TB hiring him at DC

Put it another way they are paying this lawfirm an assistant coach salary to pursue a grudge

Sent from my Pixel 2 using JetNation.com mobile app

No salary cap for coaches. If yet AGAIN the Jets hire a coordinator rather than a big dog like Jim Harbaugh or Bill Cowher, well....

Mehta is a real gem around the ladies. What a guy. Though appears he treats everyone like day old garbage juice.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Bugg said:

No salary cap for coaches. If yet AGAIN the Jets hire a coordinator rather than a big dog like Jim Harbaugh or Bill Cowher, well....

Elite coaches don't want to coach the Jets, period.

If not for Parcells strange fetish for revenge, we wouldn't even have had him.  This has nothing to do with the Johnson's money.  Great coaches have many options, they don't need to settle for New York's little brother.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If not for Parcells strange fetish for revenge, we wouldn't even have had him.  This has nothing to do with the Johnson's money.  Great coaches have many options, they don't need to settle for New York's little brother.

SAR I

Weren't you supposed to go and be a NY Giants fan what happened to that idle threat. 

Why not try and solve this mystery why elite coaches don't want to coach the NY Jets at your next make believe advisory board meeting. 

joewilly12

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Considering the parade of first time coaches I think this is fair. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

It sucks that rooting for this team has gotten so backwards that we celebrate firings and losses as wins. We celebrate when a guy gets cut or traded.

And now we get to celebrate Manish losing his job or whatever

Maybe These are terrible things that have to happen to get better. Like chemo. It's not a cause of celebration

The next celebration will be the gase firing

Whoop de Doo

Have to agree with this commentary.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Forget the BS that’s written, it’s WHATS NOT WRITTEN ABOUT that has changed since the glory days of Journalism & has created a clear bias in journalism. 
Or what’s NOT SAID or reported on in TV Media. Any Media entity that receives taxpayer money ie.  NPR that suppresses news for an agenda should be cut off immediately. 
Big Tech needs to lose its CONTENT protection status too. 
It’s what’s not being reported for whatever reason that may be that will be the downfall of our society. 

Thanks you saved me a lot of typing and getting banned lol...

The Daily News went to sh.t years ago.  I use to think it was a must buy just to read the sports section and jets articles everyday, especially during training camp.  But then the sports pages of the Daily News became infected with what the front of their paper was printing. Mike Lupica turned the sports into a political page and took away the enjoyment a sports section of the paper should bring you reading it. Then guys like Manish, as with many in today's media, decided to create the news instead of reporting it. Stir the pot and creat stories with anonymous sources and zero facts.  The Daily News lost me as a buyer many years back.  

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Weren't you supposed to go and be a NY Giants fan what happened to that idle threat. 

Why not try and solve this mystery why elite coaches don't want to coach the NY Jets at your next make believe advisory board meeting. 

joewilly12

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Considering the parade of first time coaches I think this is fair. 

Offering elite HC money is a prerequisite to hiring an elite HC. Instead, jets prefer to keep playing secret Santa with coordinators hoping they get the one sweet gift under the tree 

• Haha 1

This is the official story

The real story is that Rhule required a buyout and the Jets aren't interested in paying more than is necessary on coaches

They are willing to pay for top notch legal representation though, to settle a score against a tabloid

I asked my buddy in the legal industry how much lard lardner got for this investigation. Most internals can be conducted over 6 weeks, 200k total billing. That's the floor

But if they use the NYC office, partner level attorneys and the investigation took a year, that's a million dollar plus invoice. Easy

A top 50 am law firm costs more than a top 100 etc.

the Jets spared no expense when it comes to nailing this dude and making sure that he got fired

I can only hope that they use the same effort and resources finding gase replacement. I suspect they won't

They were set to pay Matt Rhule and Maccagnan insisted on also paying Gregg Williams a million dollars to serve as a Plan B to Rhule. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, bitonti said:

And where was it written that they wouldn't pay Ruhle?  If he required a buyout of his Baylor deal, they had to know in advance so why would they even interview him if they weren't open to playing the lousy 6 or so mil to get him out of his deal?  Chump change to a billionaire, chump change to a NFL team.  Makes no sense, which 99 out of 100 times means it wasnt true.

I cant keep up with the stories they didnt like his 100% college coaching staff or were too cheap?

You really have to give up the loony idea that the Jets are cheap.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

I think you are confused here. The real battle was Mehta vs the other reporters. His intimidation practices, particularly on female reporters, were definitely fireable offenses. And that's why he was fired. Not because the Jets banned him. 

Clearly, since he was still employed long after these incidents.. that's not what got him fired. 

It's good that Manish is gone but I can't help but notice how the team has money for a white shoe law firm conducting an internal investigation but they can't find the money to pay for players. And I'm not talking Adams.

I prefer these guys:

https://www.njlawfirm.com/jets-psl-class-action/

• Sympathy 1

The Gw arranged marriage was the Jets' way to opt out of the negotiations without looking cheap and not just with Rhule. Any decent candidate would have rejected that arrangement.

So yes that did happen
But it's just the surface layer

Rhule required a 5-10 mil baylor buyout and then got 8 mil per year from Carolina

Mccarthy wanted like 9 or 10 per year

Gase 3-4 mil per year maybe no buyout

They pre loaded Gregg Williams to discreetly make these candidates turn them down before they got to the numbers

The horses mouth: 
D0C187FC-2754-4F9D-900D-6644130A534F.thumb.jpeg.f49b15df5dc6d046d8d9df2f7483d548.jpeg
the Jets being cheap thing has been debunked so many times that it’s beginning to get nauseating that the last two people who believe it are the loudest about it.
Joe Douglas is making a top of the league GM salary.  Douglas wanted the owners to pour more money into the scouting department, and they did.  Rex Ryan just said the other day that the Johnsons will write you a blank check to win.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Gw arranged marriage was the Jets' way to opt out of the negotiations without looking cheap and not just with Rhule. Any decent candidate would have rejected that arrangement.

So yes that did happen

Rhule required a 5-10 mil baylor buyout and then got 8 mil per year from Carolina

They pre loaded Gregg Williams to discreetly make these candidates turn them down before they got to the numbers

Now do the rest of my post, and this time, do it without any zany conspiracy theories that a conspiracy theory YouTube channel would laugh at.

• Upvote 1

So yes that did happen

McCarthy wanted what?  $9-$10 mil per?  LOL, dont know what's funnier, that you think he actually asked that for much or that you think the Jets were wrong for not thinking he was worth $10 mil per.  

Especially since he signed with Dallas for 5 years, $30 mil.  Oh, and BTW he sucks more than Gase 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Probably why the article was delayed. Some of it was probably hearsay and unsubstantiated innuendo that could not be proven. WaPo likely covering their asses, as they should.

Bottom line of this, the DN knew exactly what they had, how he was operating and just shrugged their shoulders. They are as culpable as Mehta is, and as nasty. Truth and objectivity be damned. 

For me, now every Mehta story is tainted and non-believable. Everything he touched has to be questioned.

Good point some of it might have hit the chopping block.

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Parcells and Belichicks are two great coaches. Both left because of Woody Johnson.

Hell even Al Groh left.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

So, what's your answer? 

I'm sure you're a smart fellow, and can figure it out. To get into that here is wrong. I was just defending a post which I thought was rather rude. not that the person needed defending however.

20 hours ago, bitonti said:

That 100 million spend was to get them above the floor

The team hasn't spent to the salary cap since Rex and they have not handed out a second deal since mo Wilkerson

Todd Bowles by the way was getting paid peanuts by hc standards and the Jets get a refund from TB hiring him at DC

Put it another way they are paying this lawfirm an assistant coach salary to pursue a grudge

So you wanted Ruhle and magically and without proof the Jets just didnt want to pay him.  

Todd Bowles was the top coordinator the year he was hired.  It was widely reported the Falcons were interested and the Jets moved quickly to avoid losing him.  You have to be a total idiot if youre Bowles or his agent to accept peanuts as the hot coaching assistant, especially with another team still looking for a HC and supposedly interested.  Pure fantasy, no one would accept peanuts under those conditions.  

As for the getting to the floor, once again:

NFL insider notes: Cowboys have spent the least on payroll since 2016

OK, are you ready? Here are the actual bottom spenders, culled from NFLPA salary numbers, over that span (rounded to the nearest thousand).

Cowboys: $634,379,000

Texans: $646,479,000

Bills: $648,442,000

Colts$654,999,000

Chargers: $658,299,000

Ravens: $678,220,000

Browns$687,708,000

That is your bottom 20 percent in spending in the league in that time frame.  The average NFL team spent $703 million on payroll in that span.  Not seeing our Jets in the bottom 20%.  

But I get your outrage that they would spend money to keep their players and management from being harassed and bullied by a overzealous reporter.  I mean thats your argument that theyre cheap, that they spent to protect themselves, the CS, their GM and their players from harassment? The logic is mind numbing 

1356624056_ScreenShot2020-12-12at9_29_28AM.thumb.png.d960f00c6bddd45d30567e9dacd57d0f.png

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The kids like to call them the "juicy deets" 

image.gif.c65ebb88dce07143b2c2ce4f9b4e7669.gifI’d call Lydia Deetz/Winona Ryder many things....but juicy isn’t one of them....but I’m referencing Beetlejuice....so I’m not exactly young either.

• Haha 1