7:00 - New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers Game/Season Thread (Opening Night).

Most of us grew up as diehard New York Knicks fans throughout the entire 90's where Madison Square Garden once rocked (Spike Lee) alongside the likes of Mark Jackson (on and off) John Starks, Anthony Mason, Charles Oakley, #33 Patrick Ewing and Pat Riley (I deeply miss those days of my childhood) followed by Charlie Ward/Chris Childs, H20 Allan Houston, Latrell Sprewell, LJ (4 pt. play), Marcus Camby, an older Ewing and JVG (I deeply miss those days of my middle school/high school years as well). And the rivalries of Chicago, Indiana and Miami were to live for back then too. 

I'm actually super pumped up and excited about this 2020 New York Knicks team coming off of a 3-1 preseason and featuring nothing but young homegrown talent with a real Defensive minded head coach in Tom Thibodeau (who will turn us into perennial winners). 

This may not be our current starting 5 as of right now but by seasons end I'm hopeful to see...

C.) Mitchell Robinson (3rd year player straight out of H.S, 7'0/240 lbs). 36th overall draft pick (2nd rounder). 

PF: Julius Randle (excited for Obi Toppin too Rookie out of Dayton). 8th overall draft pick. 1st round. 

SF: Kevin Knox (3rd year player out of Kentucky). 9th overall draft pick. 1st round. 

SG: RJ Barrett (2nd year player out of Duke). 3rd overall draft pick. 1st round. 

PG: Immanuel Quickley (Rookie out of Kentucky). 25th overall draft pick. 1st round.

Also Guard Frank Ntilikina (4th year player out of France). 8th overall draft pick. 1st round. 

I can't remember the last time I was looking forward to so many homegrown Knicks youth and these kids are going to change the culture of our New York Knicks basketball; especially Obi Toppin who's a homegrown kid from Brooklyn who's so happy to be a Knick. 

We're making the playoffs here in 2020-2021 for the first time dating back to our 2012-2013 season (54-28). 

Tonight is the beginning of an exciting playoff run for us longtime suffering Knicks/Jets fans. 

• Thumb Down 4
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Episode 5 What GIF by The Office

I said most, not all. 

And if not I feel bad for you (championship or no Championship) because Knicks basketball throughout the entire 90s was my childhood love as a Knicks/Jets fan and I miss those memories like crazy. 

The New York Knicks are the only NY Franchise that unites Yankees/Mets, Jets/Giants and Rangers/Islanders together into one arena. 

Fk James Dolan but it you're not a Knicks fan (deep down inside) imo you're not a real NEW YORKER and probably don't like NY Pizza ? either. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I said most, not all. 

And if not I feel bad for you (championship or no Championship) because Knicks basketball throughout the entire 90s was my childhood love as a Knicks/Jets fan and I miss those memories like crazy. 

The New York Knicks are the only NY Franchise that unites Yankees/Mets, Jets/Giants and Rangers/Islanders together into one arena. 

Fk James Dolan but it you're not a Knicks fan (deep down inside) imo you're not a real NEW YORKER and probably don't like NY Pizza ? either. 

Enjoy...

6 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

The Knicks suck! Not sure what you're so excited about because they have 0 chance to make the playoffs this year. ZERO!

You'll see once I bump this thread following our playoff birth (already, bookmarked). 

I don't believe I've ever created a Knicks thread here on JN. This is a first for me; because I truly believe with all of this young talent we're a much better team than New Yorkers currently realize. 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

I’m not sure I understand the message you are trying to convey. Have you considered using more pictures, gifs and / or videos to supplement your point? 

Hey man. I'm just looking forward to my 2020 NY Knicks basketball during our 1-13 Jets season. 

Knicks suck for the same reason as the Jets, they cannot draft.  I loved the 90's Knicks, have not watched in many years but will tune in for the beginning of the season to see how they are and if worth watching.

the Nets were fun to watch last night, wish Knicks got KD and Kyrie (though he is a douche)

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, jbt said:

Knicks suck for the same reason as the Jets, they cannot draft.  I loved the 90's Knicks, have not watched in many years but will tune in for the beginning of the season to see how they are and if worth watching.

the Nets were fun to watch last night, wish Knicks got KD and Kyrie (though he is a douche)

I know the feeling man but RJ Barrett out of Duke is going to become a top 5 NBA 2G who we selected #3 overall last year

and I absolutely love Immanuel Quickley who we drafted this year out of KENTUCKY in the 1st (SEC PLAYER OF THE YEAR); NY finally has an awesome POINT GUARD. 

But Obi Toppin is my favorite already a Brooklyn kid with nothing but NY heart. 

We're not Championship caliber but we're going to be so much FUN to watch this year and will make the playoffs under Tom Thibodeau. 

39 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Most of us grew up as diehard New York Knicks fans throughout the entire 90's where Madison Square Garden once rocked (Spike Lee) alongside the likes of Mark Jackson (on and off) John Starks, Anthony Mason, Charles Oakley, #33 Patrick Ewing and Pat Riley (I deeply miss those days of my childhood) followed by Charlie Ward/Chris Childs, H20 Allan Houston, Latrell Sprewell, LJ (4 pt. play), Marcus Camby, an older Ewing and JVG (I deeply miss those days of my middle school/high school years as well). And the rivalries of Chicago, Indiana and Miami were to live for back then too. 

I'm actually super pumped up and excited about this 2020 New York Knicks team coming off of a 3-1 preseason and featuring nothing but young homegrown talent with a real Defensive minded head coach in Tom Thibodeau (who will turn us into perennial winners). 

This may not be our current starting 5 as of right now but by seasons end I'm hopeful to see...

C.) Mitchell Robinson (3rd year player straight out of H.S, 7'0/240 lbs). 36th overall draft pick (2nd rounder). 

PF: Obi Toppin (Rookie out of Dayton). 8th overall draft pick. 1st round. 

SF: Kevin Knox (3rd year player out of Kentucky). 9th overall draft pick. 1st round. 

SG: RJ Barrett (2nd year player out of Duke). 3rd overall draft pick. 1st round. 

PG: Immanuel Quickley (Rookie out of Kentucky). 25th overall draft pick. 1st round.

Also Guard Frank Ntilikina (4th year player out of France). 8th overall draft pick. 1st round. 

I can't remember the last time I was looking forward to so many homegrown Knicks youth and these kids are going to change the culture of our New York Knicks basketball; especially Obi Toppin who's a homegrown kid from Brooklyn who's so happy to be a Knick. 

We're making the playoffs here in 2020-2021 for the first time dating back to our 2012-2013 season (54-28). 

Tonight is the beginning of an exciting playoff run for us longtime suffering Knicks/Jets fans. 

The NBA sucks.

• Thumb Down 1

38 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I said most, not all. 

miami heat logo GIF

5 minutes ago, JetsFan1986 said:

I like the direction the Knicks are going in. They finally have a legit coach and have a lot of good young pieces.  They also have a ton of draft picks coming up and flexibility in the cap 

It's been a very long time since we've had both so much homegrown young talent and a coach of Tom's caliber; I'm actually excited for NY basketball for the first time in 7-8 years. 

Indiana went 45-28 last year and made the playoffs so this will be a good test for our younger Knicks right out the gate. 

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

It's been a very long time since we've had both so much homegrown young talent and a coach of Tom's caliber; I'm actually excited for NY basketball for the first time in 7-8 years 

I feel like they are finally running things the smart way.  They even started absorbing contracts using their big cap space  in order to gain future assets which is something I’ve wa Ted then to do for a while

• Post of the Week 1