Get FA WR Robinson and G Thuney if that is all we can get that would be great

3 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

WR Robinson wants to leave and if this guy as shown below at 27 that is not real old gets over 100 catches and 1250 yards with Foles/Trubisky he can do that with any QB. 

https://nypost.com/2021/01/11/allen-robinson-sounds-done-with-bears-in-potential-giants-jets-intrigue/

Agreed.  Im Not sure how realistic to get both but need one of them for sure.  Also resign Maye 

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

ARob #1 priority target for me.  If we can't get him, then get JJSS or Godwin or maybe Golladay.

Thuney #2 priority target.  If not him, then Scherff.

Getting one from each of those two lists would be an amazing offseason. 

But we have money for a few more smaller splashes.

Also need an Edge.

4 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Also need an Edge.

We need a lot of 'other' things.  The only edge that's top-shelf that I can think of is Shaq Barrett.  I wouldn't hate that but he's really a 3-4 OLB.  I don't know yet if that's what our defense will be next season so it's a tough projection this early.  Once we have a HC and DC in place, we'll have a better idea.  Another name that might be interesting is Carl Lawson (CIN).  Anyone have any thoughts on him?

Here's a dark horse:  Corey Linsley.  Green Bay's Center.  I think he's a lot more consistent than McGovern so If McG can slide out and be a quality Guard, that's an interesting approach.  I do think there are a lot of good prospects at the Center position in the draft, but that might actually depress the FA market for Centers overall.  If we could bring him in for $10M/year or so, it's an interesting option.

36 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

WR Robinson wants to leave and if this guy as shown below at 27 that is not real old gets over 100 catches and 1250 yards with Foles/Trubisky he can do that with any QB. 

https://nypost.com/2021/01/11/allen-robinson-sounds-done-with-bears-in-potential-giants-jets-intrigue/

The obsession this Fanbase has with Robinson is starting to get a little out of control. I don’t want Joe to make this guy the highest paid receiver in the NFL. JN has been down this road before; putting blinders on for one player. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Also need an Edge.

And a mascot. We're like the only team in NFL that doesn't have a mascot..

All but four NFL teams — Green Bay Packers, New York Jets, New York Giants, and Washington Redskins — have mascots representing their teams. ... Mascots are used by teams to cultivate community relations and connect with younger fans, all efforts to avoid depleting their fan bases.

But wait!!!!!

NY Jets Announce New Mascot

Comments:
- A groundhog? 
- No, it's Ralph the Dogs FASD cousin
- This is quality work.
- I'm aiming to get hired by the Beaverton
- what the flyin' JETS ****?

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Dream on.

Most of the NFL is gunning for these two, what are the odds the Jets land the top two Free Agent Non-QB's this cycle?

Why not also hope we trade for Mahomes too, lol.

We'll be exceedingly lucky to sign one of them (presuming JD wants them and is willing to materially overpay).

No chance we sign both.

Set reasonable expectations.  

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, nycdan said:

ARob #1 priority target for me.  If we can't get him, then get JJSS or Godwin or maybe Golladay.

Thuney #2 priority target.  If not him, then Scherff.

Getting one from each of those two lists would be an amazing offseason

Agreed, but if we didn't it would be a very disappointing one.

There will be 10+  teams looking to sign Robinson. He has spent his entire career with crap QBs. He's not coming here to a rebuilding team with Darnold or a rookie QB.  A contending team with an established QB will pay him enough to turn down the Jets money 

I'm expecting this board to go nuts when the Jets can't sign one of the top FA WRs and Thuney when getting one WR or Thuney or Scherff would be great.

• Upvote 2

From what I’ve seen is that Thuney basically had pen to paper with the Jets and the pats swooped in with the franchise tag.

everyone always says, no one will come here, but money is the great equalizer.  “Contenders” don’t have the cap space to pay a big time WR. The jets do.

Thuney and Robinson, draft fields or Wilson and go from there.  With a new HC this team could be competitive.

• Upvote 1

Generally speaking, i think the names we'd be looking at are more like this:

• Mike Davis RB Carolina (I like Gus Edwards as well, but he's a RFA)
  • Gerald Everett TE Rams
  • Jonnu Smith TE Titans
  • Joe Looney C Cowboys - would allow us to move McGovern to guard, which if I understand correctly, was his best position as a pro
  • Haason Reddick LB Cardinals (he's an odd player that's undersized but seems to have played so many different LB positions - I don't know enough, but I'd be kicking the tires)
  • Xavier Rhodes CB Indy
  • Desmond King CB Titans
  • Rondald Darby CB WFT
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Money talks, pay 'em mofos!

First off I don't see Robinson signing anything other than 5 or 6 year deal. He does not want to be negotiating  his next deal when he is on the wrong side of 30 and I doubt JD offers anything over 3 years. 

Also, I know we have a lot of cap but we also have a lot of guys on one year deals and some need new contracts and I imagine he rather spend the money on them than a WR that may not workout. 

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Those are the two names I want most on offense.

Sign WR Robinson

Sign OG Thuney

Draft a QB

Draft a RT

Draft a WR and RB.

I don't think a single FA on the OL is enough. Add in sign another G/C to swap in for Fant. Don't know who'll be available when the time comes but my early vote has been for Linsley. GB probably won't be able to keep him. McGovern is locked in for 2021, but it doesn't necessarily have to be at center (ffs if you can play center then you can play guard). Becton-Thuney-Linsley-McGovern-RookieRT sounds like a better OL than we've seen since 2010, with the potential to be better.

However I lean towards expecting Douglas to keep Fant instead.

A HC with prior success turning around a previously sucky team IMO helps attract FAs who aren't interested in a lengthy rebuild by someone who's never successfully overseen such a process. 

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

And a mascot. We're like the only team in NFL that doesn't have a mascot..

All but four NFL teams — Green Bay Packers, New York Jets, New York Giants, and Washington Redskins — have mascots representing their teams. ... Mascots are used by teams to cultivate community relations and connect with younger fans, all efforts to avoid depleting their fan bases.

But wait!!!!!

NY Jets Announce New Mascot

Comments:
- A groundhog? 
- No, it's Ralph the Dogs FASD cousin
- This is quality work.
- I'm aiming to get hired by the Beaverton
- what the flyin' JETS ****?

Is that a BOO BOO BEAR or is that @SAR I  his new position with the team now that AG is gone. 

joewilly12

• Haha 1