High Hopes Once Again - oh man

2 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

I think someone pointed this out some time back. The team has, like any other one, peaks and valleys. But the Jets are different in that our peaks are the offseason, and our valleys are the regular season.   ?

I hate you for dropping that devastating truth bomb.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Seibelt said:

I have been on multiple Zoom meetings this week with very high level execs of a multi-million dollar organization and I am more focused on this website and all the updates instead. I start hoping MaxMan, Crusher, and other Mods invite me on a Zoom call because I know I would pay attention the whole time.

There is definitely something wrong with me.

Amen lol

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Seibelt said:

I have been on multiple Zoom meetings this week with very high level execs of a multi-million dollar organization and I am more focused on this website and all the updates instead. I start hoping MaxMan, Crusher, and other Mods invite me on a Zoom call because I know I would pay attention the whole time.

I feel you. How many "successful" people with better things to do are taking time at work between tasks to check and see what's up? I bet way more than their should be. haha. #guilty

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Seibelt said:

I have a call in 5 minutes and thinking " Eh I don't think I have to talk much in this meeting" 

JN REFRESH SCREEN time

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Depends on how you define high hopes.

I just hope they're not a ******* embarassment every week.  Feel like that's the ceiling for this organization.

Maybe one day the Jets logo pops up on the screen when the networks look at the week 14 playoff picture and cover the teams "on the outside looking in"? 

That'd be pretty sweet.

and? you wouldn't be a fan if you didn't feel this way.  fandom has always been a little irrational.  it's just a way we all escape from our ordinary lives.  i'm sure the fans in detroit like their teams just as much too. or cleveland, or dallas.  i think the only places that are somewhat ambivalent are miami and san diego.  san digoe chargers moved because their fan base was bad.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, rangerous said:

and? you wouldn't be a fan if you didn't feel this way.  fandom has always been a little irrational.  it's just a way we all escape from our ordinary lives.  i'm sure the fans in detroit like their teams just as much too. or cleveland, or dallas.  i think the only places that are somewhat ambivalent are miami and san diego.  san digoe chargers moved because their fan base was bad.

Fan is short for fanatic Duh..:beer:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Isn't it interesting how this team no matter how much they let us down, how many bad choices are made and downright rotten seasons we endure, that each of us - fans all, are able to get excited for  the next one. I mean here we are so far away from the last time we had a respectable team under Rex, logging into Jet nation hoping to find some great news about the next hire and fill our need for Hope.

I do not think any other team is quite like the Jets.

I find myself checking Jet nation almost entirely to get updates and news of the team. I was never around for the website that many people here came from, and so other than horror stories shared to various degrees not really sure how they screwed that all up, because Jet fans a glutens for punishment. Glad to see Jetnation succeeded and by all accounts is continuing on despite how bad the team is. 

I honest to God think that next season might be the start of something great.

I am ******* crazy and Im not sure how i got this way but damn these jets, I am sucked back in for the full ride!

Thank you sir may I have another.

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Isn't it interesting how this team no matter how much they let us down, how many bad choices are made and downright rotten seasons we endure, that each of us - fans all, are able to get excited for  the next one. I mean here we are so far away from the last time we had a respectable team under Rex, logging into Jet nation hoping to find some great news about the next hire and fill our need for Hope.

I find myself checking Jet nation almost entirely to get updates and news of the team. I was never around for the website that many people here came from, and so other than horror stories shared to various degrees not really sure how they screwed that all up, because Jet fans a glutens for punishment. Glad to see Jetnation succeeded and by all accounts is continuing on despite how bad the team is. 

I am ******* crazy and Im not sure how i got this way but damn these jets, I am sucked back in for the full ride!

Heck if the Bills and Browns can get good coaches and teams and win playoff games, geez, they were worse than Jets were the last 10 years.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Depends on how you define high hopes.

I just hope they're not a ******* embarassment every week.  Feel like that's the ceiling for this organization.

Maybe one day the Jets logo pops up on the screen when the networks look at the week 14 playoff picture and cover the teams "on the outside looking in"? 

That'd be pretty sweet.

Hey we got respect for beating 2 playoff teams in the Rams and Browns in consecutive weeks. Now we just have to figure out how to handle playing like that consistently. Big task. 

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's all about finding a QB and then doing everything you can to support that QB.

The hope is the Jets finally figure that out.  Maybe they will this time, maybe they won't.  

I thought it was all about building a team to support a QB when you draft him. I think that is preferable. Your way seems to lead to disappointment, but yes I agree..

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I thought it was all about building a team to support a QB when you draft him. I think that is preferable. Your way seems to lead to disappointment, but yes I agree..

If we draft a QB at 2 - what not to do is go out and take defense with the next picks and spend big on a marginal CB in FA.

The point is --- take your QB and use your premium resources to support him.  Do EVERYTHING you can to develop him properly..once there you can worry about defense...

And sure, would be great to have an awesome team built before bringing in a QB, but that is incredibly wishful thinking.  We have a LT and maybe a #2 WR in place.  Sign the best OL and WR you can in free agency and use 23 and 34 on offense and you have something to build on.

Take an edge or corner at 23 or 34 and JD is showing, like every other GM before him, that he's as clueless as the rest of them.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Says every jet fan, every january, ?

So I never had high hopes for this season. Once I saw the schedule my prediction was 4-12. I am happy to see Gase gone. As far as this up coming season?? Whether it’s Darnold, Fields, or Wilson... I still don’t see a very high win total. This team needs a lot. I am optimistic however JD get this right.. I just think it’ll take a few years.

• Upvote 2

It’s hard to get excited about the Jets at this point (kinda like how it’s hard to get exited about 2021 in general).  I’m still very down with Sams failure and the fact that most of our young year 2-3 players have not developed.  It seems like we had a bunch of potential break outs last year, and almost all of them failed to break out (see Herndon, most of our defense and OL etc).  What we have now is almost a completely bare cabinet other than what the new GM has picked.

it’s hard to see how this team is going to be relevant in the first part of this decade.  We’d need to find a franchise qb against all odds.  We need to find a WR1, a TE1, 4starting OL, a RB1, 2DEs, and an entire lb and secondary corp revamp.  That’s simply a ridiculous amount of holes for an NFL roster, and we haven’t even discussed the depth problem.

And apparently no one wants to work for us either, which doesn’t give me much faith in whatever coaching staff we make next.

Help me see past the jade...

4 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I've also been thinking about this and honestly, BLINDLY, I'm finding myself to be optimistic about the next HC?

Here's why.....

1) Honestly, I've never believed the problem was the HC? I know Gase sucked and needed to be fired but I've believed that no HC could be successful with this roster. I always thought prior to Douglas' 2020 draft that the choice of HC would only matter when the Jets finally hired a competent GM.

2) My belief is now, FINALLY, the Jets have a competent GM. Joe Douglas IMO is the real deal or at least a LOT better than Mike Macagnan.

I trust in Joe Douglas to hire a good HC, someone that can meet all of the needs and rigors of working in NY. I further trust that JD will continue to draft well? Because let's be honest here, everyone knows the HC doesn't matter nearly as much when you have a talented roster? Talented rosters can make average coaches look elite. My belief is JD will continue to improve the overall talent level of the Jets roster and that's when our HC will suddenly look a lot better.....

• Upvote 1