Deshaunapolooza ****Official Deshaun Watson Speculation Megathread**** (Merged eleventy bajillion times)

Rhg1084

14 hours ago, choon328 said:

Maybe we can recruit all of our players from a Church league

these guys are cancers

Jamal didnt make seattle go anywhere in the playoffs.

and without OBJ Cleveland had there best year since Bernie Kosar.

i dont want choir boys. if fact i want the opposite. i dont care what they do in there personal lives. beat your wife, cheat on her, try to murder someone, do drugs. i dont care. just help me win!!

but thats not these guys. they probably would never do those things. there worst for a team. there DIVAS

crying cause your not getting enough catches hurts the team chemistry. making wise coments when your losing hurts the team. demanding to be paid more cause someone else just got paid more hurts the team. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:
David Culley, traveling to Houston on Tuesday for his second job interview with Texans, coached Deshaun Watson in the Pro Bowl last year as part of Ravens' coaching staff. Watson and Culley built a really good connection that week, according to sources

They also shared a barber and a steak. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What an enormous contract extension the Seahawks gave him!!*

*The Seahawks have not given him a contract extension.

“You’re not gonna trade two 1s for him anyway. You’re not gonna do it. You’re never gonna get that,” Francesa said, noting the “burden” paying such a price along with giving Adams a new deal would put on a franchise.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, pointman said:

I am willing to give up those Jamal picks for Watson. I get he is elite, but giving up the #2 overall and two or more additional first round picks is hard to swallow. If they believe that a rookie can be great.. go get one of them. Just, not Sam. Rookie, overpay Watson, and never let Sam take another snap for us again. My choices. Bless you thank you.

We have all the leverage. The Seattle picks plus Sam is a more than fair offer 

Watson can veto any trade and he wants to come here.  Houston should be happy getting anything

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, football guy said:

0A48D11B-FC6A-4103-8A0A-8FEABA4981A7.thumb.jpeg.63fdad2666490067f8da67a53fd20739.jpeg

Unless the owner explicitedly said, “hey Deshaun, I want you to choose”, I don’t understand Deshaun’s grevience. The owner asked for his opinion. Going out of the way to meet with him to discuss it is a sign of the utmost respect and at the very least consideration. Since when did asking for an opinion mean that Deshaun should be handed the keys? Since when does it mean that the Texans will take his input? Listening and acting are two entirely different things.

All this is nonsense. I feel bad for the fans who have convinced themselves that Deshaun is in the right and furthermore who think he’ll be traded. All this comes down to is Deshaun’s reps controlling Deshaun. Sad.

So you're taking the owners' word on this one, without question?  OK, makes sense.  He's proven to be trustworthy.

• Upvote 2

Houston Texans CEO Cal McNair asked Deshaun Watson's opinion on team's head coach, GM search

ADAM SCHEFTER
ESPN Senior Writer
Nov 22, 2020
Houston Texans CEO Cal McNair still is contemplating what direction he wants to take his franchise with its head coach and general manager openings and has solicited many opinions, including those of quarterback Deshaun Watson

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

17 hours ago, dcJet said:

Without the 2 overall our offer is the twentieth worst.   Even the Giants can beat that.  Might as well not offer anything.

I am ok giving up the #2 overall. I am saying it is very valuable and I don't want to give up everything for Watson. Everything being 3 or more first rounds picks.. if one of the rookies are seen as being truly talented.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

these guys are cancers

i dont want choir boys. if fact i want the opposite. i dont care what they do in there personal lives. beat your wife, cheat on her, try to murder someone, do drugs. i dont care. just help me win!!

but thats not these guys. they probably would never do those things. there worst for a team. there DIVAS

crying cause your not getting enough catches hurts the team chemistry. making wise coments when your losing hurts the team. demanding to be paid more cause someone else just got paid more hurts the team. 

I'm a huge fan of Mean Machine.  I'm not sure what you have against "Choir Boys"?  I'm pretty sure you can't beat your wife and have a melodous singing voice.  

19 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Quick, remind me us what your opinions of Patrick Mahommes was pre draft. ?

48EE6CEF-F046-4D1B-8D73-729887ABA42B.gif.c0478d3978043847e72b20e35444f1a2.gif

It’s a total case of “whataboutism” but for arguments sake I was okay with him or Watson the night before the draft, but those threads aren’t fun to bump.  Either way, yeah I was wrong about Mahomes and have admitted that a million times.  Again, it isn’t relevant.  Lastly, I don’t get paid to do draft evaluations.  It’s a little bit different when your entire career depends on what you hear or see.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, doitny said:

these guys are cancers

I'm not sure what upsets me more here. Is it your low bar for a player's moral character? Or is it your grammar?

I just can't decide. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So you're taking the owners' word on this one, without question?  OK, makes sense.  He's proven to be trustworthy.

Deshaun hasn’t denied it... his agents pouted that he wasn’t included in the decision to hire Caserio, that they didn’t like the process that led to hiring Caserio, and that he didn’t like that they didn’t interview Bieniemy (the candidate he recommended). 

Doesn’t look like either side lied. Rather, miscommunication in that Deshaun thought McNair’s gesture insinuated that he had major say, whereas McNair likely gave him the respect to hear his input to make him feel important. 

2 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:
David Culley, traveling to Houston on Tuesday for his second job interview with Texans, coached Deshaun Watson in the Pro Bowl last year as part of Ravens' coaching staff. Watson and Culley built a really good connection that week, according to sources

We’re supposed to believe that if the Texans hire a guy that “coached” Watson in the pro bowl that he’ll change his entire stance?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, slats said:

I'm not sure what upsets me more here. Is it your low bar for a player's moral character? Or is it your grammar?

I just can't decide. 

sorry i didnt know i  had a english teacher here.

i will try to watch my verbs and nouns.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, football guy said:

Deshaun hasn’t denied it... his agents pouted that he wasn’t included in the decision to hire Caserio, that they didn’t like the process that led to hiring Caserio, and that he didn’t like that they didn’t interview Bieniemy (the candidate he recommended). 

Doesn’t look like either side lied. Rather, miscommunication in that Deshaun thought McNair’s gesture insinuated that he had major say, whereas McNair likely gave him the respect to hear his input to make him feel important. 

I think you’re ignoring the overwhelming smoke coming out of that fire. This feels like more of a straw that broke the camel’s back situation than a singular incident that blew up beyond repair. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, football guy said:

If McNair acknowledged the need to make Watson "feel important" by "hearing his input", he should have been smart enough to bring in the coaches that his star player suggested for at least a first interview - even if it was just for show.  Not doing so indicates an alarming, but unsurprising, lack of foresight.  The fact that McNair's team was the only one with a head coach opening to not interview Bienemy (initially) and Saleh makes it come across as a deliberate insult.

5 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

I caught a little whiff of constitutional law and economics discussed. It's not too late to inject some race, religion and politics into this discussion. 

:-)

Hints: Maybe Watson is just a secular, educated person of color...

That’s an excellent idea, let’s get this thread closed so we can start eleventybillion more.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, heymangold said:

We’re supposed to believe that if the Texans hire a guy that “coached” Watson in the pro bowl that he’ll change his entire stance?

Did I say that?  Just thought it was interesting everything that has been thrown out there so I posted it . I should of posted the article so you know you people can have knowledge before judgment and before they feel like making some wise ass remark, and even that wouldn’t stop them.

• Upvote 1

On 1/26/2021 at 12:21 AM, Mogglez said:

It wasn’t my main source within the organization, but I came to Benjamin Allbright a while ago to share information and trade tidbits with.  After he corroborated all the information I gave him as legitimate, he started giving me some information (that ended up being completely accurate) and it carried on from there.  Sharing who he was was actually his idea because we were just BSng about how unbelievably frustrating it can be to have people call you a fraud or claim your making sh*t up for fun, so he gave me full permission to post some of our DMs regarding the Saleh situation, so I did in order to shut up another poster that harassed me over it.  That poster hasn’t shown his face since.

It took me awhile but I finally found this post where you offered info on one of your sources. That's a great story of how you two hit it off. He's a solid source! Have you heard anything further on Watson? I would think Houston will want to get the HC in place before making any decision, but I don't see how it would benefit the coach any to try and smooth over hurt feelings and still have a 4-12 roster. I personally would take the Jets #2 and 1 each in the next two drafts and maybe you can get some lesser pick thrown in. Start with a highly regarded rookie and fill in the pieces around him. Shed bad contracts (Watt, Mercillus etc) and you have taken the heat off you and the team by not having to deal with a disgruntled QB who's not interested in a rebuild when he see the guy's around his age flourishing under competent GM's. Watson on the Jets, in his prime, moves the rebuild up 3 years.

• Upvote 1