2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

2 hours ago, Barton said:

So we are gonna draft a QB at #2 and not sign a single starting veteran Olineman in free agency/trade? 

If Douglas drafts a QB at #2 and does not use 2 picks on olineman before the end of the 3rd round he is simply dumbass mcaganan all over again.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

The problem with that is they dont have any ammo to make that move now, unless they are going to come off of an A+ player. 

I think 43 is more than adequate as compensation if Douglas can get SF to believe he or someone else in a trade might take their guy and their guy isn’t the Jets’ preferred option. It’s a slight overpay and leaves the 49ers with almost no capital but they obviously love at least one guy. If it’s two then I doubt they’d bite. I think Lynch was on the other end of a one spot trade with Trubisky going to the Bears but could be wrong.

I do wonder if Jones is their guy and they were comfortable he’d be there at 3.

A 2+86 for 3+43+102 deal at least moves SF up little in the third and is almost an exact match on the chart.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, derp said:

I think 43 is more than adequate as compensation if Douglas can get SF to believe he or someone else in a trade might take their guy and their guy isn’t the Jets’ preferred option. It’s a slight overpay and leaves the 49ers with almost no capital but they obviously love at least one guy. If it’s two then I doubt they’d bite. I think Lynch was on the other end of a one spot trade with Trubisky going to the Bears but could be wrong.

A 2+86 for 3+43+102 deal at least moves SF up little in the third and is almost an exact match on the chart.

For prior history, the bears traded a second and a third the following year to trade up from 3 to 2 and take trubisky, I believe

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If Douglas drafts a QB at #2 and does not use 2 picks on olineman before the end of the 3rd round he is simply dumbass mcaganan all over again.

I think a lot of the OL problems last year were caused by Darnold being a trainwreck.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

But if we were taking Fields at 2, Wilson would have been available for the Eagles - Douglas's former colleagues - at 3.

Once Phily knew that was not going to be the case, they traded down, not up. An hour after Wilson's measurements were confirmed. 

Always remember, business is business. Philly didn't have enough. As close as he may be to Roseman, as the old saying goes......"you want a friend, buy a dog."?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

For prior history, the bears traded a second and a third the following year to trade up from 3 to 2 and take trubisky, I believe

The Bears moved up to No. 2, while the 49ers took Chicago’s No. 3 overall pick. The 49ers received the Bears’ picks this year in the third round (No. 67) and fourth round (No. 111), as well as the Bears’ third-round pick next year.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, derp said:

Just one man's opinion, If Jones is their guy, they could have traded down. There is no way on God's green earth that Lynch gave up that much for Jones. They want to make sure, at worst, they get Justin Fields.

37 minutes ago, derp said:

That chart is absolutely irrelevant when it comes to compensation to acquire a potential franchise QB. Throw it out the window. 

1 minute ago, K_O_Brien said:

The Niners did throw the chart out the window.

I know. That's my point, and they would have to do it again just to move up one spot. Obviously there wouldnt be any 1st rounders but it would take much much more than just a 2nd. 

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Sheer and utter bullsh*t.

I agree that the OL needs a lot of work and is trash OL regardless of Sam. The entire OL as a unit just as important or even more important than a franchise QB in the modern NFL. No OL, no good QB play.

With that being said, sh*tty Sam didn’t do anything to help evaluate the OL. He was so horrible and afraid that he made a crappy OL look even worse. He definitely added to their overall poor play. 

The precedent the 49ers/Dolphins trade set is that all additional picks will be future picks and not this year. That's an issue for the people in the trade down and "build a team" club who are rationalizing it by saying we can just trade back up to get a QB next year. It's not building a team if all you're doing is taking the picks you acquired in a trade down and shipping them away in 2022 to move back up.  You are legitimately hedging that Darnold will be a star this season in order for a trade down to actually be beneficial. Otherwise you're just wasting a year on a failed QB and trading out of a premium pick in this draft for nothing. And that's even blindly projecting that a QB will be worth trading up for and that teams at the top of the draft would be willing to trade out. You're all comfortable betting all of that on Darnold succeeding??????

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

The precedent the 49ers/Dolphins trade set is that all additional picks will be future picks and not this year. That's an issue for the people in the trade down club and "build a team" who are rationalizing it by saying we can just trade back up to get a QB next year. It's not building a team if all you're doing is taking the picks you acquired in a trade down and shopping them away in 2022 to move back up.  You are legitimately hedging that Darnold will be a star this season in order for a trade down to actually be beneficial. Otherwise you're just wasting a year on a failed QB and trading out of a premium pick in this draft for nothing. You're all comfortable betting on Darnold??????

There are many ways to get a QB:

Just draft one with a reasonably high pick, does not have to be top 3

Trade up to get one

Go get a decent to better than decent vet.

If you keep Darnold this year you are not committing to him long term.  If he looks awesome next year then you think about it, if not you can move on.

If you LOVE a Qb at 2 third year of course you take him,  If you just like a QB you do not force up the vale due to need.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Beerfish said:

Trade up to get one

If you keep Darnold this year you are not committing to him long term.  If he looks awesome next year then you think about it, if not you can move on.

If you LOVE a Qb at 2 third year of course you take him,  If you just like a QB you do not force up the vale due to need.

I would say the vast majority of people who get paid to scout college players think Wilson is a franchise QB. So then the answer is obvious. You draft Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I would say the vast majority of people who get paid to scout college players think Wilson is a franchise QB. So then the answer is obvious. You draft Wilson. 

It does not matter what the vast majority think it matters what douglas and the jets think.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Seems like Joe loved the new guy

With some guys this would be evident but Douglas is the best GM we have had here at keeping things under wraps.

I do think the Jets are taking Wilson.   But I would also not be shocked if they traded down with the right offer.

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Trade up to get one

Tampa just won a championship using this model....

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

That chart is absolutely irrelevant when it comes to compensation to acquire a potential franchise QB. Throw it out the window. 

Such a cliche and I disagree for a few reasons.

I’m well aware teams overpay to get quarterbacks. That said they don’t pay less than the chart so I don’t think it’s irrelevant - it just doesn’t match. 

Teams also accept less than chart to move down one spot and take their preferred player. If Lynch isn’t taking the guy Douglas wants that second trade is still fantastic for the Jets and if he is I don’t think SF has the capital to accomplish the trade up.

Not that I think it would exactly match the chart by any stretch but it’s a relevant benchmark to be aware of regardless.

"The people I spoke with believe it's either Trey Lance or Justin Fields," Wyche told Martin. "They think that those mobile quarterbacks with the big arms would fit perfectly into what Kyle (Shanahan) likes to do, and they also think that Zach Wilson won't be there at three.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/145771-wyche-trading-garoppolo-before-starting-rookie-justin-fields/

40 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Tampa just won a championship using this model....

It's not every day you get to match the best QB of all time with 2 #1 WRs, Antonio Brown and a HOF TE. So I guess under that scenario which one of the following realistic FA's next year does that work with....

Screenshot_20210328-141143_Samsung Internet.jpg