2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

1 hour ago, JiF said:

How are 2 players, who can never stay healthy, depth?   Not to mention, they suck.

People can say nice move and I get to say, no they're not.

If they want to sign people who are bad football players when healthy for $2M, I'm available.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t care about these signings and neither should you. Everything is about the QB position right now. Everything else is gift wrap. **** Tevin Coleman. Who cares. 

How are you gonna feel about Sam driving a "pimp my ride" redo roster this fall?

16 minutes ago, varjet said:

I think they frontloaded some contracts. 

Their rookie pool must be more than that.  1.2 costs about $10mm.  

right. In hindsight, that's the obvious answer... i think I even said something similar about "I would front load these contracts so we can cut em when/if our rookies are ready to extended

48 minutes ago, Paradis said:

that's incredible.... how did we start FA with nearly the most cap, and already be that close to empty.... i feel like lots of team spent more than us... Guess i underestimate how much it took to land those first 3 names. 

We didn’t cut or restructure anyone yet.  At least not that I’ve read. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Because depth matters.  Backups in tbe NFL play a lot.  And as the Jets have seen, when you start trotting out the Kyle Phillips and Frankie Luvu of the worlds, the drop off is even bigger.  Not every signing has to be an impact starter.  If the signings of Coleman and Curry offer an upgrade of previous versions of their roles, then people should have the right to say "nice move" 

yes depth matters but where are the starters. 

your suppose to sign people better than your starters and then your old starters become your depth. 

so basically were going to start the same sucky people from last year and if they get hurt the guys who replace them will be just a little bit better than last year. but not better than the guys we started last year.

oh that right, the draft will solve all our starter problems.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I am presuming this “pimp my ride” roster has Pitts (and a bunch of sweet draftees) on it, with three 2022 first rounders in the chamber, so I don’t care if one more year of Sam Darnold and Nick Mullins is the price I have to pay for that. 

Agree Sam Darnold and a decent plan B Nick Mullens who steps in immediately if and when SD falters or is injured. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t care about these signings and neither should you. Everything is about the QB position right now. Everything else is gift wrap. **** Tevin Coleman. Who cares. 

Maybe but talking about the QB position is exhausting.

Watson obviously isn't happening and the never-ending debate about what to do with the second pick has run its course. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JiF said:

How are 2 players, who can never stay healthy, depth?   Not to mention, they suck.

People can say nice move and I get to say, no they're not.

last year was a mess for coleman with injuries.

between 2016-2019, he played in 58 of 64 games and scored 35 TDs (8.75/year), while averaging over 900 yards from scrimmage a year as a committee back

i don't know what he has left in the tank, but for $2MM on a 1-year deal in an offense he is already familiar with, that does not suck

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, football guy said:

All the contracts were front-loaded 

And it is sound practice when you are rebuilding.  Save the cap acrobatics for when you are going for the playoffs AFTER the foundation has been laid.  I cannot say enough about this free agency period in the way we went about it.  While I too recognize the need to rebuild the offensive line.  We can focus on that in the draft.  I would not be surprised to see multiple picks taken and starting. 

What do you think football guy?  I take it that you think it is unlikely we stand pat at #2 and take Sewell.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barton said:

I'd like to hear from the people with Jets front office contacts if the Jets plan on upgrading/are considering an upgrade at RT.

Based on what I'm seeing here in free agency, it seems like the Jets are ok with Fant at RT. 

No contacts, but I would think they go with Fant this year and draft a tackle to groom behind him.  Or maybe that is what I hope they do.

13 hours ago, football guy said:

So the Jets have 73 players on the roster, leaving them 17 open spots if they weren't to cut anyone. Currently hold 9 draft picks (number could grow). They are around $16.5 million under the cap and their rookie pool will account for another $8 million, leaving the Jets roughly $8.5 million to spend if they so choose to. 

Overthecap has different numbers (granted they aren't accounting for Coleman and Curry, but those are small contracts)

1666272660_ScreenShot2021-03-25at8_05_18AM.thumb.png.8cf1bb828930a9d9eaf94daed4a06f34.png

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, jetblue95 said:

last year was a mess for coleman with injuries.

between 2016-2019, he played in 58 of 64 games and scored 35 TDs (8.75/year), while averaging over 900 yards from scrimmage a year as a committee back

i don't know what he has left in the tank, but for $2MM on a 1-year deal in an offense he is already familiar with, that does not suck

I agree.  The more I think about it, this is just a one year move to have a veteran back on the roster.  I believe we are taking Etienne at the top of round 2 so this was a move to have coleman teach him the ropes for a year.

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I agree.  The more I think about it, this is just a one year move to have a veteran back on the roster.  I believe we are taking Etienne at the top of round 2 so this was a move to have coleman teach him the ropes for a year.

I sense impending disappointment. The Jets are probably prepared right now to not add a RB at all in the draft, and probably won't before the late third/early fourth - if then. This system Perine, Johnson, Coleman, and Adams is committee enough in the Shanahan system. I strongly doubt they'll take a devalued position like RB with a premium, top 34 pick. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Jetlife33 said:

Exactly.  Its a no brainer to add an offensive weapon in the backfield.  Not one back on this roster scares any defense.  I think harris is gone by 34 but Etienne is the type of back we have not had here since............................ freeman mcneil?????

Thats crazy.  We need a back in here who can take it to the house on any play.  its exactly what this offense needs.  Explosive players.