4 years $160m for Dak

29 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Horrible move by Dallas.  They will regret it sooner than later.

What exactly makes if horrible?  

Theres nothing horrible about locking up your star, proven QB.  Homegrown at that.  

Sometimes you actually have to pay good players. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Deshaun Watson is a bargain. Print out your sh*tty “We can’t afford Watson” takes, eat them, sh*t them out, then eat the sh*t, because you are just that stupid.

This might be the funniest thing I've read on this site. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

I do not mind the money, but I will not cough up the draft picks.  We are not good enough.  Start planning for tomorrow not a vacation to the Maldives.  More Steelers and less Ralph Kramden.

The Steelers are The Steelers because of Ben Roethlisberger, though. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

yes I understand his contract.  He’s not playing for $10mm next year.  

So you just understand numbers?  And that its the size of the total deal, not the way its dispersed?  In your mind he makes 45 mil the first season, 10 the next he'll hold out?  Really thats what you believe?

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

First off, he's not going to play for that price...

Second, Cheap for him or not, the Jets don't have the talent to support his current contract regardless of how it compares to Dak's...Let alone what he's going to demand.

It'll be something like - I'll only agree to this trade (as he has a no trade clause) if we redo my contract. and whatever team is desperate enough to give up 4 first round picks will pay the $40mm per.

NO WAY he plays for $10mm...It's just not going to happen.

Do you need to believe all of the BS you post to not want Watson on the Jets, or are you hoping you are reaching different audiences with different types of nonsense? Like the over 55 Jets fan will not want Watson bc he's paid too much, but the college-aged Jets fan will worry that he'll hold out?  How does this work in your head?

Because there has been ZERO talk that Watson would demand a new contract from the team that gives up a haul to trade for him and the value of his current contract is in line with Dak's, it's just that the Texans are on the hook for a good portion of it.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Steelers are The Steelers because of Ben Roethlisberger, though. 

But they were patient in acquiring him.  They did not throw caution to the wind.  They are always in the running and were before Ben.  They build from the inside out.  Always have.  It is a proven formula. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

But they were patient in acquiring him.  They did not throw caution to the wind.  They are always in the running and were before Ben.  They build from the inside out.  Always have.  It is a proven formula. 

Nobody operates like the Steelers operate, so I don’t think they’re the franchise you can point to and say, “let’s just do that,” but the fact remains that they landed an elite QB and were able to build around him even as his salary exploded. 

I am really surprised.  KC's deal with Mahomes looks like the bargain of the century now that DAL is paying Prescott the same thing.  Jerry just can't let his toys slip away.  I don't see how they will be able to afford to put enough talent around Dak to challenge for the trophy and Dak isn't Patrick in that I don't think he can carry a team that isn't loaded.  We'll see.

The side story to this is I wonder how long until Deshaun Watson realizes his shiny new contract isn't market value anymore.  I wonder if trading for him is no longer as good a deal as it was yesterday and if that will affect the trade value.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Horrible move by Dallas.  They will regret it sooner than later.

My initial feel as well, but I can see where they are coming from. They were pretty much non=competitive without him. That said I think they were mostly competitive with him because his salary allowed him to be surrounded by talent and a Top 3 OL. I could definitely see there being a lot of "what's wrong with Dak" articles around midseason.

21 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

My God. 25 million  for Sam actually sounds reasonable.  

in 2019 Dak Prescott 4902 yards 30 TD's 11 INT's 

Sam Darnold his entire career stats dont equal that. 

In 2020 Dak Prescott played 5 games before his injury 1856 yards 9TD's  4 INT's 

In 2020 Sam Darnold played 12 games 2208 yards 9 TD's 11 INT's 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, King P said:

Good for Dak. He bet on himself, and win big ??

And most of this board thought he was crazy for doing so, and that there was no way he'd get 40 mil per year ?

And the Cowboys were STUPID to give it to him after his injury.

The league is going to have to do something about the QB position.  Getting WAY out of control.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

The league is going to have to do something about the QB position.  Getting WAY out of control.

They created this dilemma by putting the QB position at the head of the table. Now they have to lie in the bed they made

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

2019:

Jets 24 Dallas 22

Dak 28/40, 278 yards no tds

Sam Darnold 23/32 338 yards 2 tds.

BOOM!

Holy sh*t!  That game!   Sam induced rigidity!  

That was Sam's 2nd best game ever and it came in his triumphant return from mono.  Man we were believers back then after that game.

The next week was the Monday night Ghost game.  We said he was still weak from being sick, nothing to worry about...

but now we know better... he just teased us with brief unsustainable flickers just like Sanchez and Geno did.   

Sam was never consistently good.  Not in college, not in the pros.  

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

yes I understand his contract.  He’s not playing for $10mm next year.  

you forgot his signing bonus of 5.4 mil. so hes making 16 mil.

he will play for it and you know why? cause he just signed this 6 months ago. if he had a problem with it then he should have said something.

plus half the QBs in the league will make more than him in 2021, again a fact he knew when he signed, but Zack Prescotts contract will send him over the edge and demand a new one? not likely.

and then in 2022 he will make 40.4 mil and 42 mil in 2023.

13 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

The NFL is a huge money maker.  I do not begrudge the players for getting their share of the immense pile.  I do think the pie could be split more fairly amongst the rest of the team.