(Unconfirmed and highly dubious) Jets & Broncos working on a trade for Sam Darnold

2 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Didn't I just read today on this site that their GM, Paton, was not a fan of Darnold a few years back?

That said, it's clear they're on the outside looking at pick 9.

And as a Denver resident, everyone here is done with Drew Lock. 

I always wonder how often tidbits like that are just nonsense. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

I always wonder how often tidbits like that are just nonsense. 

I hear ya, I've got no idea the truth of that. The only thing I can say for sure is they're desperate for a quarterback. They've got a win-now defense, a decent-ish offensive line, and a bevy of weapons (Sutton, Jeudy, Fant).

Darnold wouldn't be a bad buy low candidate considering the price and that it's safe to assume quarterbacks are going 1,2,3 after the 49er trade. 

I think it makes sense for all parties at this point, but I genuinely don't know if the Broncos are even interested in Sam. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I hear ya, I've got no idea the truth of that. The only thing I can say for sure is they're desperate for a quarterback. They've got a win-now defense, a decent-ish offensive line, and a bevy of weapons (Sutton, Jeudy, Fant).

Darnold wouldn't be a bad buy low candidate considering the price and that it's safe to assume quarterbacks are going 1,2,3 after the 49er trade. 

I think it makes sense for all parties at this point, but I genuinely don't know if the Broncos are even interested in Sam. 

That’s all fair and there is a case for being interested in him, but I guess I am just a big believer in drafting and developing my own core players. 

IMO, the Jets will NEVER be the organization that we want them to be until they can consistently draft and develop their own players. And I think that is especially true at QB. At some point, you have to be able to draft and develop a QB, and if I were Denver, I would want to do that with the nice young core they are building. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Didn't I just read today on this site that their GM, Paton, was not a fan of Darnold a few years back?

That said, it's clear they're on the outside looking at pick 9.

And as a Denver resident, everyone here is done with Drew Lock. 

i like that. 

your done with Lock. now we will send you Sam, the guy were all done with..lol