The Official Draft Day Thread

23 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I'm not sure why everyone is hell bent on trading back from 34 just to get back a late 3rd. You're going to pass up on a potential 1st round value just to get back what will most likely be a career backup in the late 3rd? I could see trading back 4-5 spots and getting an additional 4th or 5th but that's it. The Jets need contributors from Day 1, not project picks. 

You’re not going to get first-round value at the top of the second. It’s already been reported that teams had first round grades on about 14-16 players going into the draft. The rest of their draft boards are full of question marks. This is a wacky year. Between all the opt outs, shortened seasons, limited workout opportunities, the second and third rounds are more of a crapshoot than usual. Trading down from 34 would make sense. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We haven't had a dominating running game since Shonn Greene and Ladanian Tomlinson and, supposedly, they're sooooo easy to find out of the first round.  11 years.  Chris Ivory and a bunch of garbage.

The Shanahan offense requires a dynamic running back.  We no gots.

SAR I

The 49ers invested a whole lot in their top two rushers last year - who averaged 4.8 and 5.0 YPA respectively.

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Pff gave the avt pick average, not b/c of the player, who they said was elite, but because of the trade. I mean, the lengths people go to to pan a jets player.

Clickbait. They know the Jets have a big fan base, and they know there is a segment of the fan base that has a bit of self-loathing. Constantly ripping on the Jets equals clicks. ESPN and PFT have been using this model for years.

On the other hand, because of the Pats' run with Brady, their fans think they can do no wrong. They feed on the positive press. So these sites give the fans what they want, ripping on anything the Jets do and praising anything the Pats do.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

You’re not going to get first-round value at the top of the second. It’s already been reported that teams had first round grades on about 14-16 players going into the draft. The rest of their draft boards are full of question marks. This is a wacky year. Between all the opt outs, shortened seasons, limited workout opportunities, the second and third rounds are more of a crapshoot than usual. Trading down from 34 would make sense. 

Not all teams have the same rankings and some may have more and some less. Some may have players they have 1st round grades on that haven't been selected. You just don't know. 

8 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Ummm, the Chiefs drafted a tackle 1 years ago to set up everything else 

Did you miss the super bowl? 

They won their division and crushed it all the way to the Super Bowl with a beat up OL consisting of backups.

Playmakers.  That's what scores points, that's what wins games.

SAR I

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Pff gave the avt pick average, not b/c of the player, who they said was elite, but because of the trade. I mean, the lengths people go to to pan a jets player.

If JD values AVT as top 10, the difference between 10 and 14 on the value chart is the equivalent of a mid 3rd rounder.  So in JD's mind, he traded his early 3rd rounder to move up 9 spots and got back a 4th rounder to get his guy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

They won their division and crushed it all the way to the Super Bowl with a beat up OL consisting of backups.

Playmakers.  That's what scores points, that's what wins games.

SAR I

They lost that tackle in the title game. So no, once they lost him it didn’t matter what playmakers they had. Try again. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

Yes you're right. A good OL means nothing and Gase was a good coach. 

Of course an OL is important.  But building a great OL with no RB and blah WR's accomplishes little.  We have cap dollars no impact FA's want to take.  We have a ton of draft capital.  So we have to spend the draft capital on bigtime offensive playmakers.  JD didn't do it.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Of course an OL is important.  But building a great OL with no RB and blah WR's accomplishes little.  We have cap dollars no impact FA's want to take.  We have a ton of draft capital.  So we have to spend the draft capital on bigtime offensive playmakers.  JD didn't do it.

SAR I

Eric Fisher went down in the title game. And they lost the Super Bowl.

alsp look up when Hill and Kelce got picked. 

How did CEH turn out?