The Official Draft Day Thread

45 minutes ago, KRL said:

If Greg Newsome makes it to #34 I bet DAL attempts to move up and
take him.  They were desperate to take a CB in the first round and
missed on both Horn & Surtain.  We would move down 10 spots and get
a #2 and #3

Newsome is gone but there are still quite a few CB's DAL is going to
be "thirsty" for:

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects/CB?college=allColleges&page=1&status=ALL&year=2021

I still think a deal could happen

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Really surprised Leatherhwood went that high.  Did Mayock panic when we traded ahead of them to get Vera-tucker?

Tom Cable ( Raiders offense line coach ) has certain criteria all his offense tackles must have, and Leatherwood checks off most what he looks for in his tackles.    Leatherwood ability to run is very appealing to Tom Cable, and his versatility on offense line( can play every position) is another appealing thing. .     Tom Cable philosophy is you give him an athletic lineman he can mold him by improving his technique.   A lot Raider fans aren’t happy, but Tom Cable has done excellent job with the Raiders offense line, that he gets the benefit of doubt.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Tom Cable ( Raiders offense line coach ) has certain criteria all his offense tackles must have, and Leatherwood checks off most what he looks for in his tackles.    Leatherwood ability to run is very appealing to Tom Cable, and his versatility on offense line( can play every position) is another appealing thing. .     Tom Cable philosophy is you give him an athletic lineman he can mold him by improving his technique.   A lot Raider fans aren’t happy, but Tom Cable has done excellent job with the Raiders offense line, that he gets the benefit of doubt.

Guy nails two months ago predicting Leatherwood was Tom Cable type of lineman.

1. Draft Jenkins

2. Jenkins n Fant handle the right side.  Not sure which would be G or RT.

3. Cut Alex Lewis.  Save $5 mil.

4. GVR?  Keep as relatively cheap depth, or cut to save $3 mil.

Bonus:  Maybe trade a 2022 1st n 3rd (fair value?) for an early 2nd and get Moore.  Cut Crowder to save $10 mil.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

One last thought before I put the phone down for the night(maybe).  I think trade down is still very possible at 34.  That said, the Jets had 4 glaring weaknesses(outside of QB) coming into this draft.  IOL, Edge, CB, and RB.

The way the Jets are set up next year with 4 picks in the top 64, I think it's very possible they go OL here and kick the can down the road to next year for the defenders.  Make sure you do everything possible to protect/help Wilson.  And if he hits, then next off-season you can move forward with cementing some other areas, especially on D.  The likelihood you get a true impact Edge or CB is greater in RD 1 anyway.  You can get a 10 year starter at OL yet at 34.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Hahahahahahaahahaa Hahahahaahahahaha

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

One last thought before I put the phone down for the night(maybe).  I think trade down is still very possible at 34.  That said, the Jets had 4 glaring weaknesses(outside of QB) coming into this draft.  IOL, Edge, CB, and RB.

The way the Jets are set up next year with 4 picks in the top 64, I think it's very possible they go OL here and kick the can down the road to next year for the defenders.  Make sure you do everything possible to protect/help Wilson.  And if he hits, then next off-season you can move forward with cementing some other areas, especially on D.  The likelihood you get a true impact Edge or CB is greater in RD 1 anyway.  You can get a 10 year starter at OL yet at 34.

According to what football guy was saying, the Jets loved Teven Jenkins and Ronnie Perkins coming into the draft. They should just stay pit and draft one of them. **** it. 

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Not happening. My fault. Packers wanted too much. We seem to be targeting Elijah Moore though. 

If he wanted to move up for Moore hes gotta be the pick tomm. 

Would have much preferred a trade down tomorrow to get a 3rd back. 

Javonte Williams

JOK

Teven Jenkins

Asante Samuel

Kelvin Joseph

Creed Humphrey

Dillon Radunz

Aziz Ojulari 

Elijah Moore 

Rondale Moore

Terrace Marshall

Eric Stokes 

—————————————-

Yeah, we can trade down some distance. Cowboys have 3 3rd round picks, I think and make a reasonable partner at 44

• Upvote 3

Somebody will trade up for Samuel at 34 if he is still there, and if the Jets don't want him.  

My gut tells me that there is more downside to trading down and picking over the leftovers of what is left, and opposed to taking a position of need-JOK, Javonte Williams, Jenkins, Humphrey, Samuel.  They are all going the top of the second round.  Trade down too far, and you miss all of them.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Javonte Williams

JOK

Teven Jenkins

Asante Samuel

Kelvin Joseph

Creed Humphrey

Dillon Radunz

Aziz Ojulari 

Elijah Moore 

Rondale Moore

Terrace Marshall

Eric Stokes 

—————————————-

Yeah, we can trade down some distance. Cowboys have 3 3rd round picks, I think and make a reasonable partner at 44

Maybe if Jacksonville passes on Moehrig, is there a corner there they may like?

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

They just paid $80M for Joe Thuney and traded a 1st to Baltimore for an OT because of the mistake they’ve made that you mentioned in your second sentence. 

They’re an elite team.  They have such luxuries.  We need to get the ball in the hands of playmakers.  Talented studs who can take a simple handoff and break a 40 yard run or fly downfield and win all the 50/50 balls.  That’s how we can win some games. Chris Ivory, Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker.  Ladnian Tomlinson, Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards.   We don’t have a single Jet RB or WR who can touch those guys.  That’s a problem.  

SAR I

49 minutes ago, SAR I said:

They’re an elite team.  They have such luxuries.  We need to get the ball in the hands of playmakers.  Talented studs who can take a simple handoff and break a 40 yard run or fly downfield and win all the 50/50 balls.  That’s how we can win some games. Chris Ivory, Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker.  Ladnian Tomlinson, Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards.   We don’t have a single Jet RB or WR who can touch those guys.  That’s a problem.  

SAR I

Davis, mims, crowder...all in fact can run 40 and Davis and mims excel at exactly 50 50 balls

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Hahahahahahaahahaa Hahahahaahahahaha

Tom Cable has always put a top offense line out there for the Raiders since becoming their offense line coach. You can laugh now but the Raiders will still have one of the best offense lines in the NFL in 2021.  Take that to the bank.

7 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Want Jenkins. Would take Moore. But I think we take the Notre Dame LB at 34.

As bad as we need to upgrade RT we still have zero depth at WR.  We are one Mims hamstring away from a repeat of last year’s sh tshow at WR

30 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Tom Cable has always put a top offense line out there for the Raiders since becoming their offense line coach. You can laugh now but the Raiders will still have one of the best offense lines in the NFL in 2021.  Take that to the bank.

Too bad the raiders defense can’t stop Brian Hoyer at qb