Jump to content

The Official Draft Day 3 Thread


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I know you are exaggerating but that is a lofty comparison. Let’s assume the Jets draft Carter. What do you think the RB depth chart looks like this coming season? In other words, who gets cut. Keep in mind that this new scheme may also end up putting a FB on the roster.

The Jets aren’t putting five guys on the roster at RB/FB. 

Exactly.  All this calling for a RB...

If the guy we draft can't clearly displace Coleman, Adams or Johnson, let alone Perrine, then he's a wasted pick.  And I don't feel strongly that any of the guys left on the board will do that with any high degree of confidence.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t want to sound harsh but if you don’t love this draft then you don’t deserve a penis.

Such a strange feeling when the Jets keep picking the players I want them to

The rest of the league is going to feel really stupid when they realize there aren't any DBs left for them to have!

Posted Images

The Jets have 6 picks in the next three rounds. How many actual players do you want to see them take? Do you want 6 or would you rather they move up once or twice and turn those picks into something like 4 better players?

(If they did do that they would leave a 7 round draft with 7 players.)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TeddEY said:

Is there anyone left named Alijah/Elijah? If so, that’s who I want.

Not sure, but there is another Zach who would be a nice fit.

Zach Davidson, TE, Central Missouri | 2021 NFL Draft | Official Highlights  - YouTube

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

The Jets have 6 picks in the next three rounds. How many actual players do you want to see them take? Do you want 6 or would you rather they move up once or twice and turn those picks into something like 4 better players?

(If they did do that they would leave a 7 round draft with 7 players.)

I can see at least one trade up and ending up with 5 picks however staying with 6 would be okay as well as we still need to fill some spots.

In no particular order: CB, LB, TE, Oline, RB and I would like to see a drafted kicker with our last pick perhaps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lith said:

Not sure, but there is another Zach who would be a nice fit.

Zach Davidson, TE, Central Missouri | 2021 NFL Draft | Official Highlights  - YouTube

Good point.  Wouldn’t want Wilson to feel left out.  Got to get him a BFF.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Is there anyone left named Alijah/Elijah? If so, that’s who I want.

Best available Elijah is RB Elijah Mitchell from Louisiana-Lafayette.

Late round guy.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Exactly.  All this calling for a RB...

If the guy we draft can't clearly displace Coleman, Adams or Johnson, let alone Perrine, then he's a wasted pick.  And I don't feel strongly that any of the guys left on the board will do that with any high degree of confidence.

The last part of your post was the most important. It’s about the level of confidence that a guy like Carter or Gainwell could displace Johnson or Adams. To me, Gainwell looks a lot like Ty Johnson.

At the same time, I do like guys such as Carter and gainwell in round 4 more than I liked Perine in round 4 last year. Makes for a tough call to go RB with some CB and LB prospects on the board here at the top of round 4. But if Coleman is on a one year deal and Perine looks like a RB3, then maybe they make that pick.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mrcoops said:

Best available Elijah is RB Elijah Mitchell from Louisiana-Lafayette.

Late round guy.

Get it done JD!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I can see at least one trade up and ending up with 5 picks however staying with 6 would be okay as well as we still need to fill some spots.

In no particular order: CB, LB, TE, Oline, RB and I would like to see a drafted kicker with our last pick perhaps.

At this point, after the late run on CBs yesterday, I think we may end up having to fill a couple of CB spots in FA.  There are still guys out there like Sherman, Nelson, Poole., probably others I am not thinking of 

I am not sure the value is there with this pick coming up and the talent will likely be even thinner by the end of R4/early 5.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Is there anyone left named Alijah/Elijah? If so, that’s who I want.

Elijah Mitchell - RB - Louisiana

Elijah Ponder - DE - Cincinnati

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The Jets have 6 picks in the next three rounds. How many actual players do you want to see them take? Do you want 6 or would you rather they move up once or twice and turn those picks into something like 4 better players?

(If they did do that they would leave a 7 round draft with 7 players.)

If they can turn those 6 picks into 2-3 actual, likely starters......thats a huge win.

If we do as we did last year, and spend em' on a bunch on long-shotters (mostly, I liked Hall), not so much.

Still, nice to have 6 picks today instead of 2 or 3. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beerfish said:

Elijah Mitchell - RB - Louisiana

Elijah Ponder - DE - Cincinnati

Get them both.

All these Elijah’s are too good to....

Passover.

30 Rock Reaction GIF

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lith said:

At this point, after the late run on CBs yesterday, I think we may end up having to fill a couple of CB spots in FA.  There are still guys out there like Sherman, Nelson, Poole., probably others I am not thinking of 

I am not sure the value is there with this pick coming up and the talent will likely be even thinner by the end of R4/early 5.

Although this year, the distinction between rounds/value is murkier b/c of the reduced games and film.  So today will be interesting to see how much douglas targets guys for his systems.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, now comes the MOST annoying part of tv draft coverage that just drives me bonkers each year.

The picks in these last 4 rounds come very fast and furious along with trades and such.  The tv panel still acts like it is round 1 where where they can gab for 5 minutes about various things and they miss multiple picks.

Eisen will go back to talking about the Davis Mills pick and we will miss like three picks and a trade.

Announce the pick, let the draft analyst say a few words then move on so we do not have to go "Oh and meanwhile these three picks ere made"

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rhg1084 said:

JD took a punter last year in round 6. Are there any top kickers we might take? We definitely need a kicker!

Jose Borregales of Miami (previously FIU) is draftable.  Could be a late round pick.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wit said:

Will they take any of Zachs buddies from BYU? 

I hope not.  Would give me Sanchez / Scotty McKnight kind of vibes.

I do like his WRs Dax Milne and Gunner Romney (not draft eligible) though.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Exactly.  All this calling for a RB...

If the guy we draft can't clearly displace Coleman, Adams or Johnson, let alone Perrine, then he's a wasted pick.  And I don't feel strongly that any of the guys left on the board will do that with any high degree of confidence.

I say Gainwell would be a day 1 starter if drafted - change my mind 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

What’s the deal with CB Shaun Wade? He was a consensus top pick before he had a terrible season and his stock has fallen

His film is pretty bad.  I was very unimpressed every time I watched him last year.

Could be a nickel or safety. but he's not a top cover guy.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I know you are exaggerating but that is a lofty comparison. Let’s assume the Jets draft Carter. What do you think the RB depth chart looks like this coming season? In other words, who gets cut. Keep in mind that this new scheme may also end up putting a FB on the roster.

The Jets aren’t putting five guys on the roster at RB/FB. 

I wasn't comparing him to Saquon, I was trying to show how much more talented Carter is than Perine. 

As for who gets cut, if we can find a #1 RB at the top of the 4th round I won't worry too much about the careers of Adams/Johnson. 2 players that have been cut before. And even Coleman was barely able to get a 1  year 2 million dollar contract this offseason. These are all OK RBs that behind the right offensive line/system could be fine (see Mostert/Jeff Wilson Jr in SF), but they aren't guys that prevent us from drafting a potential upgrade in the 4th round. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My outside the box pick here at the top of the 4th for the Jets is Bama LB Dylan Moses.  

Athletic and hard nosed but had really bad injury problems.  He played inside for Bama but could be better suited to OLB in the NFL

If he got a good medical evaluation, he could be a steal right here

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Exactly.  All this calling for a RB...

If the guy we draft can't clearly displace Coleman, Adams or Johnson, let alone Perrine, then he's a wasted pick.  And I don't feel strongly that any of the guys left on the board will do that with any high degree of confidence.

Kenneth Gainwell is A+ awesomeness. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Also, now comes the MOST annoying part of tv draft coverage that just drives me bonkers each year.

The picks in these last 4 rounds come very fast and furious along with trades and such.  The tv panel still acts like it is round 1 where where they can gab for 5 minutes about various things and they miss multiple picks.

Eisen will go back to talking about the Davis Mills pick and we will miss like three picks and a trade.

Announce the pick, let the draft analyst say a few words then move on so we do not have to go "Oh and meanwhile these three picks ere made"

 

Going to give PFF live draft show on youtube rather than watch rich talk about running the 40 for 2 hours 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Hall was perhaps one of the best late draft picks in the entire league last year. Definitely the best late pick we have made here in a decade. 

This.  Bless Austin was also an excellent find.  Many are down on him but I think he will absolutely thrive in the new zone scheme.  He has size, speed, power and demonstrated professionalism.  I was so impressed with his physical condition when he reported last season. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...