The Official Draft Day 3 Thread

1 minute ago, clayton163v said:

This.  Bless Austin was also an excellent find.  Many are down on him but I think he will absolutely thrive in the new zone scheme.  He has size, speed, power and demonstrated professionalism.  I was so impressed with his physical condition when he reported last season. 

Plus if we get any pass rush this season it will go a a long way to helping those DB's look a tad better. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Great take. 

It should be completely obvious to give every single player on this offense a pass until evaluated next year in our new scheme. Gase left Miami and all of a sudden players got so much better. Literally all of them. 

100%. Look at Gesicki, targeted 30 times under Gase, 90 times w/ O'Shea.

And some people are saying he cant catch, and those people just remember the egregious drops, which he has but he also has the highest catch rate for anyone on the team over 30 targets.  So, I think it's that take is exaggerated.  The bottom line is, the offense was terrible and the QB was the worst in the league, really hard to judge Herndon on last year, albeit, not very inspiring.  That said, when Bates intentionally worked him into the offense as a rookie, 50+ targets, 40/500/4 gives me hope at least that with the right coaching, he can play.

• Upvote 1

we have a pick right now at #107 and, then barring a trade, we have to wait all the way until pick #143

But then we have #143, #146, and #154 - so things will be hectic and interesting for about 30-40 minutes at some point this afternoon

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Because he’s absolutely atrocious and when he wasn’t dropping balls last year he was fumbling after the catch. At least on the few occasions where he wasn’t invisible.

He doesn’t deserve a roster spot.

Highest catch rate on the NY Jets in 2020 for players targeted over 30 times.  

lol - you suck at this

• Upvote 2

The best part about this whole conversation, is that I brought up drafting Brevin Jordan as an option today to continue to build around Wilson and simply mentioned he'd compliment Herndon well.  Instead of talking about the prospect we might draft, the cool guy smooth brains know it all's, decided that a guy who costs next to nothing who is currently TE1 on the team and led the team in catch rate last year, should be cut, so that Ryan Griffin and Daniel Brown can step and really show us what a TE should look like....oh wait, we still have Wesco, dont we?  Oh sh*t, well, then, lets cut Herndon because JN SAYS SO BABY!!!!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

The best part about this whole conversation, it that I brought up drafting Brevin Jordan as an option today and simply mentioned he'd compliment Herndon well.  Instead of talking about the prospect we might draft, the cool guy smooth brains know it all's, decided that a guy who costs next to nothing who is currently TE1 on the team and led the team in catch rate last year, should be cut, so that Ryan Griffin and Daniel Brown can step and really show us what a TE should look like....oh wait, we still have Wesco, dont we?  Oh sh*t, well, then, lets cut Herndon because JN SAYS SO BABY!!!!

Wow, if there was EVER a time for the old pot calling the kettle black meme it would be now.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Wow, if there was EVER a time for the old pot calling the kettle black meme it would be now.

There is more drama and pettiness on JetNation than in an all girls middle school cafeteria. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Herndon was awful last year, he had a couple acceptable games late in year after he had totally f'cked up about his 1st 6 games with drops and fumbles.

He is also totally unreliable due to his suspension and injuries.

He is Enunwa version 2, totally living off a short period of nice production early in his career.

He better come into camp this year ready to take a step or he can f'ck off.

Nobody said he was good, simply pointed out the facts, tough guy.  Highest catch rate on the team, worst QB in the NFL, worst HC in the NFL, worst OC in the NFL.  It's not going to hurt anyone to see what Herndon can do this year with a new coaching staff but because you're hoping with Herndon, I personally like the idea of taking a TE, which is why I suggested, Brevin Jordan.  Maybe you'd like to talk about him?  

Otherwise, all I can do is apologize for making such an offensive post.