Jets @ Panthers Week 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Pure terror in this thread. The very idea of Darnold, Robbie, and Rhule hanging the giant ******* L on Zach Wilson in his first start has you people reeling. 

Mad Season 2 GIF by Rick and Morty

2 hours ago, Lith said:

The worst thing about this being the first game is going to be the 4 months of Darnold arguments.  Thought we were done with them in April when he was traded.  Had it been any other week, the Darnold debates would have heated up during the week of the Panthers game.  Being the first game, this will be an ongoing topic of discussion for like 120 days.

This is so true

1 hour ago, DLJ said:

Anyone wishing Darnold kicks our ass is a fake fan and a clown

I’m going to the game and bringing  my adolescent. I’m spending my hard earned money to witness a Jets win. I will be rooting hard.  But, if the Panthers win, I will tip my hat to a good kid who got a raw deal from the past regime who ran this franchise. And I’ll walk out knowing,  I’m not fake in any sense of the word. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lith said:

The worst thing about this being the first game is going to be the 4 months of Darnold arguments.  Thought we were done with them in April when he was traded.  Had it been any other week, the Darnold debates would have heated up during the week of the Panthers game.  Being the first game, this will be an ongoing topic of discussion for like 120 days.

Haha true, and in those 120 days and 100000s of words, not a single mind will change 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

This game became known about 10 hours ago and there are already 10 pages in this thread.  The reason I don't like this game in week 1 is that it will be blown completely out of proportion by Jets fans, the local media, and the national football media.  The debate about drafting Wilson vs keeping Darnold will be front and center for the next four months ad nauseam.  

And then the result of the game will be given ridiculous emphasis by the same fans, local media, and national media regardless of which team wins and which QB plays better than the other. This game will fuel a ridiculously meaningless level of "I told you sos" and "I was right."

The Jets drafted Wilson because they thought it was better for the team over the long haul and because they thought Wilson would be a better QB - or better value - over the next four+ years and 68+ games - not 2021 week one.  Instead, the mouth breathers and click bait junkies will judge the Wilson/Darnold decision solely on this first game without taking into account that Wilson and the CS and most of the roster are just learning their jobs.  If Darnold puts up better stats than Wilson this season (not just in this one game), that would not indicate that the Jets should have kept him.  Wilson needs to be better than Darold 2 -3 years from now, not on September 12, but the keep Darnold crowd on this board and in Jets land, reporters like Cimini, and ESPN will not realize that .  

I would gladly move this game to week 5 or 6 and open with Miami or any team in the AFC South or at Denver just to avoid the media circus over the next 4 months and immediately after the game. One game means nothing for Wilson and the Jets, but sadly, now it will be portrayed to mean everything. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Paradis said:

What is this, The View? What a thread full of vagina.

rest of the world; “Nice. Little revenge game. Should be a fun way to open the season for both clubs. 

JN:

44F2D109-FC5C-4DA8-BF5C-444F46471AA3.jpeg

We actually have a fan neg repping every single "I hope we beat Sam" type thread, coming to Sams defense

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Pac said:

Week 1 will serve as a bitter reminder of the mistake JD made when trading Darnold for Donnie Wahlberg circa 1987.

The literal worst case scenario, and your dream scenario of this trade is that we exchanged the NFL’s worst QB for three years for the NFL’s worst QB.

I personally think this is the NFL's gift to Darnold for the Hell the Jets put him through saddling him with Gase, surrounding him with no talent and forcing him to hand off to one of the NFL's AARP card holders for a season. 

The Panthers are in the same system as last season, the Jets are learning their third in four seasons, the Panthers have veteran leadership on O at key positions, the Jets have a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players at key positions, the Panthers are playing at home in front of their fans, Jets are on the road. 

I don't think they could have stacked the deck any more in Darnolds favor than this. 

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I personally think this is the NFL's gift to Darnold for the Hell the Jets put him through saddling him with Gase, surrounding him with no talent and forcing him to hand off to one of the NFL's AARP card holders for a season. 

The Panthers are in the same system as last season, the Jets are learning their third in four seasons, the Panthers have veteran leadership on O at key positions, the Jets have a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players at key positions, the Panthers are playing at home in front of their fans, Jets are on the road. 

I don't think they could have stacked the deck any more in Darnolds favor than this. 

And when he sh*ts the bed as usual, it will be great to hear the new excuses. It will be as good as reading Bob Baffert's latest on how come his 5th horse in the last year failed a drug test for the same thing.

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Pure terror in this thread. The very idea of Darnold, Robbie, and Rhule hanging the giant ******* L on Zach Wilson in his first start has you people reeling. 

No.  It's that clueless faux fans like you  rooting for Darnold and against Wilson and idiots in the media who hate the Jets will judge the trade and Wilson solely on this game just to say "I was right", the Jets blew it, and Wilson is a bust - all one game into his career.  

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, section314 said:

And when he sh*ts the bed as usual, it will be great to hear the new excuses. It will be as good as reading Bob Baffert's latest on how come his 5th horse in the last year failed a drug test for the same thing.

Look, I understand  people think Sam is bad but the Jets are far from a team ready to beat anyone. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

No.  It's that clueless faux fans like you  rooting for Darnold and against Wilson and idiots in the media who hate the Jets will judge the trade and Wilson solely on this game just to say "I was right", the Jets blew it, and Wilson is a bust - all one game into his career.  

It's  kind of what we do here. Do you recall people starting threads about Q being a bust after 4 games?

34 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

First love is always heartbreaking and redheads can become a hard to break fetish.  You'll be fine after the first Wilson to Moore TD.  

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Translation:  "I have no confidence in Wilson or the Jets winning, boo hoo, when we lose some fans might say something dumb, whaaa whaaa whaaa, what if Sam beats us, oh noes!"

This post reeks of fear and lack of confidence.  

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

The literal worst case scenario, and your dream scenario of this trade is that we exchanged the NFL’s worst QB for three years for the NFL’s worst QB.

Other than jilted jet fans no one believes Darnold is the worst qb in the NFL despite your year long attempts to cram that mantra into all your posts.

He will rise like a Phoenix in Carolina and lay waste to his hater brigade.

Let's hope our lil guy from Utah is up to the task.

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Other than jilted jet fans no one believes Darnold is the worst qb in the NFL despite your year long attempts to cram that mantra into all your posts.

Agreed it's hard to say that today the Giants, Washington or Philidelphia have better starting QB's than Sam.  

8 minutes ago, Pac said:

I mean, belief is sort of irrelevant when the data expressly states he is the worst QB in the NFL the past 3 years.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Also, the Jets have Carolina's 2nd round pick.

We should be rooting for Carolina to lose every game this year, including, you know, when they play the Jets, so that it's the 33rd pick.

Although, I guess you could root for it to be the 34th pick, and that the Seahawks pick 33rd, because that would net us the #1 overall pick.  But, we're splitting hairs here.

In conclusion:

1) Go Jets.

2) **** the Panthers

3) **** Sam Darnold.

4) **** the Seahawks.

But the Panthers have Sammy now

16 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Also, the Jets have Carolina's 2nd round pick.

We should be rooting for Carolina to lose every game this year, including, you know, when they play the Jets, so that it's the 33rd pick.

Although, I guess you could root for it to be the 34th pick, and that the Seahawks pick 33rd, because that would net us the #1 overall pick.  But, we're splitting hairs here.

In conclusion:

1) Go Jets.

2) **** the Panthers

3) **** Sam Darnold.

4) **** the Seahawks.

But, but I wanna see Darnold do welllll! He's a good man!!

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

I mean, belief is sort of irrelevant when the data expressly states he is the worst QB in the NFL the past 3 years.

There's not enough data with the same set of circumstances to be statistically significant.   Based on the eye test he was awful last year.  He showed more promise as a rookie than he did last year.   He really showed a lack of recoginition and very little real feel for the game.  I was pretty surprised at just how bad he looked.   Really good players show up even on bad teams.