Manning and Gase: sounds like Manning bullied him around

I thought Manning endorsed Gase to the point where Woody & brother jumped at him?  What's this?

https://www.audacy.com/wfan/sports/jets/manning-used-to-call-out-gase-during-meetings-ex-bronco?utm_campaign=www.audacy.com%2Fwfan&utm_content=1621551098&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_term=WFAN-AM&fbclid=IwAR1Mtoj-47kh_MhIYtBTGva_lwjacg8V_Q2OOcBk7l-rdmSZ9IizVhIZk_k

Peyton Manning used to call out Adam Gase during team meetings, says ex-Bronco 

By Tom Hanslin and The DA Show

May 20, 20211:04 pm

When the New York Jets hired Adam Gase to be their head coach back in January 2019, Hall of Fame quarterback Peyton Manning publicly endorsed the decision, and Gase quickly developed a reputation as an offensive guru.

But it didn't take long for the Jets to realize that Gase's mind and gameplans were far from innovative. The 43-year-old presided over an offense that ranked dead last in 24 of the 34 regular season weeks from the start of 2019, and after two abysmal seasons, New York respected their disgruntled fans' wishes and fired Gase.

So, was it actually Manning who helped Gase thrive while serving as the Denver Broncos' offensive coordinator, and not the other way around?

"[Peyton] was extremely demanding, and he kind of held everyone accountable to make sure they had the highest standards to be at our best," former Broncos offensive lineman and current free agent Ben Garland told The DA Show on Thursday. "But sometimes it came to a point that it seemed a bit ridiculous. He would correct coaches, he would correct players, he would have you stand up and get called out during meetings. Just making sure everyone was on-point so we were at the top of our game...

"I mean, watching him call out offensive coordinators in meetings after the coordinator put together a gameplan and him asking for it a day earlier than everyone else. Normally you do the installs by Wednesday, and he demanded them to be done by Tuesday so he could review them before Wednesday's meetings.

"And for me, that was unheard of, especially coming from the military. I couldn't imagine someone talking to the offensive coordinator like that, let alone a superior officer in the military. So, I was blown away. But they listened to him, and it was done by next Tuesday. I think [the offensive coordinator] was Adam Gase at the time."

Gase, whose contract runs through 2022, won just nine of 32 games with the Jets, and was part of a franchise-record 13-game losing streak to start 2020.

The entire conversation between Garland and DA can be accessed in the video and audio players above.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I'm so happy Gase is gone. 

That man single handedly turned me from a natural born NYJ homer into a negative Nancy wanting to lose every game. 

The nightmare is over. 

JD and Saleh saved us. 

At least it's exciting to be a Jets fan again I'm 36 and feeling like 12 again (1997) when we went from Kotite to the big Tuna. 

2021 is going to be awesome and it's going to become a big time building block because we're absolutely filthy loaded in 2022 draft capital. 

2021 could be our 1997. 

2022 would then feel like 1998. 

Welcome to the Dark Side. I used to be a homer, too. For me it was Vinny tearing his Achilles. Coming right off the heels (sorry for pun) of AFC Champ left down that was the moment I realized magical thinking wasn’t going to lead to Jets success. It was a part of growing up. Since then, I haven’t pulled punches with the team.

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, Peyton started his career by jilting the Jets via the draft - and ends it by making a referral for an abysmal coach that he regularly bitch slapped

sounds about right

sums it up perfectly

But I still enjoy the Manning commercials.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, Peyton started his career by jilting the Jets via the draft - and ends it by making a referral for an abysmal coach that he regularly bitch slapped

sounds about right

And in the middle, he laughed at the idea of signing with the Jets when we pursued him as a FA in 2012.  Then that f**kface Tannenbaum turned around and handed Sanchez an extension as a form of makeup sex. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

sounds about right

This is incorrect Parcells refused to draft Manning because he was on a win quick plan and did not want to be saddled with long term development of a QB.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And in the middle, he laughed at the idea of signing with the Jets when we pursued him as a FA in 2012.  Then that f**kface Tannenbaum turned around and handed Sanchez an extension as a form of makeup sex. 

Sanchez should be taught in MBA classes on how to monetize an asset for max value

• Upvote 1