Sherman Ring video

Looks like he's drunk, needs to drop a deuce, but the door is locked. Nothing else is shown beside the attempted B&E. The domestic battery charge was dropped. Seems like he was actually mad at his father in law. Just goes to show you can't always believe the media's hype. The media is sloppy and desperate for clicks whereas people are desperate to feel good about themselves, and both are quick to judge.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Looks like he's drunk, needs to drop a deuce, but the door is locked. Nothing else is shown beside the attempted B&E. The domestic battery charge was dropped. Seems like he was actually mad at his father in law. Just goes to show you can't always believe the media's hype. The media is sloppy and desperate for clicks whereas people are desperate to feel good about themselves, and both are quick to judge.

This is an interesting interpretation of the video.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

This is an interesting interpretation of the video.

Clearly the interpretation is an attempt at some humor (only a door was hurt so I'm not concerned about feelings). Mixed in with some social commentary. Obviously he's drunk (stupid and aggressive) and making poor decisions (Using the door as a blocking sled for instance). Yesterday, based on the domestic battery possibility (reported far and wide by the media without a lmao 'fact check') people were readying their pitch forks and torches due to their conditioned emotional response without confirmation that he actually did anything. Clearly he was out of control, clearly (at least in that video) he didn't assault anyone, and the domestic battery charges were dropped. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

It's not good for him, but at least there is no accusation of actual physical violence against anyone.

DUI, car accident (1 car, just him), and drunkenly trying to get into a family members home, not great, but far better (for him) than it could be.

Definitely a future as a US Senator from Massachusetts with that performance. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Clearly the interpretation is an attempt at some humor (only a door was hurt so I'm not concerned about feelings). Mixed in with some social commentary. Obviously he's drunk (stupid and aggressive) and making poor decisions (Using the door as a blocking sled for instance). Yesterday, based on the domestic battery possibility (reported far and wide by the media without a lmao 'fact check') people were readying their pitch forks and torches due to their conditioned emotional response without confirmation that he actually did anything. Clearly he was out of control, clearly (at least in that video) he didn't assault anyone, and the domestic battery charges were dropped. 

Umm. he certainly DID assault someone. 

Definition. The definition of assault varies by jurisdiction, but is generally defined as intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Physical injury is not required.

In that situation how could someone NOT be apprehensive that there was imminent harmful contact? I mean his wife did call the police on him so she obviously felt that way.

Would any reasonable person not be somewhat afraid in that situation?

And to act like he didn't do anything bad is ludicrous. It could have been worse, but let's not act that this is in any way not dangerous and potentially criminal behavior. And it is classified as domestic because people are actually more likely to be physically violent with relatives than strangers.

But clearly to you it is no big deal.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

It's not good for him, but at least there is no accusation of actual physical violence against anyone.

DUI, car accident (1 car, just him), and drunkenly trying to get into a family members home, not great, but far better (for him) than it could be.

Don't really think it makes it much better to be honest. Is it even reasonable to think it would not have become physically violent if the door had broken in?

Do have to say that it's pretty lame on whomever sold this video to the news though,

• WTF? 1

11 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Don't really think it makes it much better to be honest. Is it even reasonable to think it would not have become physically violent if the door had broken in?

Do have to say that it's pretty lame on whomever sold this video to the news though,

Yeah, it could have gotten a lot worse very fast. Fortunately for him building codes prevailed.

What are you talking about! That poor door was physically assualted.

25 minutes ago, jetsons said:

"come through" ???  ... what does that even mean????

I think it's like, fuggedaboutit, so I guess it depends on the context in which it's being used. Let's fight seems about right as I don't think he was inviting him over for bbq or looking to score, both of which would have been plausible if not for the blocking sled drill he demonstrated.

• WTF? 1

Clearly, Sherman dealing with some profound issues.  As someone who struggles with mental illness (fortunately the non-violent type), I felt real sadness watching that Ring video.  Also fear for the folks inside that door.  Who knows what tragedy might have happened had he broken in?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Either someone a Ring, or whomever owned the House it was attached to, I suppose.

Its not a Ring video, it says ADT on the top left corner of the video.  

Kind of doubt a company like ADT or Ring would sell the video.  I'm with you, must have been the homeowner or whoever is paying ADT for the system.