Josh Allen Gets New Deal

ZachEY

32 minutes ago, Stark said:

probably more but yes... stupidly high salaries

also its so dumb how "the next guy due" to get a contract just gets to become the highest paid at most positions when the guy getting top dollar isn't as good as the guy that actually earned top dollar.

That's the way contracts operate and have operated for all time and not just in the NFL, but everywhere. This fact is what makes players like Revis such jerks and distractions.  If you want to be the highest paid player at a position, sign a 1 year deal over and over again.  Otherwise, deal with the reality that you won't be the highest paid player at your position in a year or two and don't threaten to hold out - or hold out - every damn season.  Is Mahomes going to hold out now if the Allen deal pays him more per season than Mahomes? I doubt it.  

24 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Good. I'm glad.

Because even before this long-term signing they were headed for cap hell this upcoming 2022 offseason with only $785,036 available salary cap space to spend. 

Now? After giving Josh Allen $43M per year? They're going to be in absolute SALARY CAP HELL come 2022's offseason with no ability to improve throughout FA or even keep their own key players. 

Joe Douglas will have over $60M to spend. Buffalo? Will be at over -40M ???

Actually how his contract is broken down is he is playing under his rookie deal this year , his 5th year option next year then his 43 million kicks in 2023 but the tv contracts are supposed make the cap skyrocket.  Pat mahomes got paid 500 mil last year and they’re re signing everyone , all the the team has to do is move money around , the salary cap is like Monopoly money.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bufflegend26 said:

Actually how his contract is broken down is he is playing under his rookie deal this year , his 5th year option next year then his 43 million kicks in 2023 but the tv contracts are supposed make the cap skyrocket.  Pat mahomes got paid 500 mil last year and they’re re signing everyone , all the the team has to do is move money around , the salary cap is like Monopoly money.

Exactly.  People running around saying how the Bills will be in cap hell are ignorant to the new money that’s about to come the owners way.   I’ll be interested to see the accounting on this deal and see how they spread the bonus out.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Bufflegend26 said:

Nah. Buffalo as of right now has less than $1M in available salary cap space come 2022s offseason and regardless of how you spin it or where you move money around to etc you'll still be in absolute SALARY CAP HELL with no ability to improve whatsoever throughout Free Agency (as well as signing your own players).

We should all start scouting 2022 Buffalo upcoming free agents because with only $1M in available salary cap space none of them will be coming back and with $60M the Jets can dress up their soon to be FAs in green and white. 

11 minutes ago, Bufflegend26 said:

Didn’t the Chiefs lose a bunch of players this off-season?

10 minutes ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

Where did I troll or gloat in my history?

Unfortunately you don't have a posting history because you only joined May 9th. You only joined JN after Buffalo won their first playoff game in over 25 years.

And we as Jets fans don't respect those types of opposing fans because where were you @ during the previous other 20 years? Nowhere to be found? Hah.

Now?

@Raideraholic

He's respected. We give him a hard time because he's a homer like many of us. But he's a real Raiders fan. He's been around here for YEARS without a single playoff win (2011). He doesn't need playoff wins in order to hide behind his username like 90% of you Buffalo fans do. 

You just joined May 9th? You waited over 20+ years to win a playoff game before joining JN as a Bills troll? Na. I can't respect that. I think and find it pretty bush league.

• WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Allen was fantastic last season, but I have to say that when I watched him I kept having this feeling that his results were not exactly matching his play sort of like Fitz that one year, It would not surprise me if Allen never approaches his level of play he showed last year. Most are assuming he will get better- I am not sure.

anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif.8ae2e94ae392f882b54ae2b6c2576f29.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

If you're the Browns or Ravens (or their fans) do you feel great about giving that kind of money to Mayfield or Jackson? Jackson especially would be tough for me. Despite his MVP season, imo, he hasn't showed that he has been able to develop the part of his game needed to win in the playoffs. I suppose at this point they HAVE to pay him and hope for the best, but I'm not sure how great I'd feel about it. 

I agree on Jackson. I do think Mayfield will get better but not sure he'll ever warrant that kind of coin

40 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Unfortunately you don't have a posting history because you only joined May 9th. You only joined JN after Buffalo won their first playoff game in over 25 years.

And we as Jets fans don't respect those types of opposing fans because where were you @ during the previous other 20 years? Nowhere to be found? Hah.

Now?

@Raideraholic

He's respected. We give him a hard time because he's a homer like many of us. But he's a real Raiders fan. He's been around here for YEARS without a single playoff win (2011). He doesn't need playoff wins in order to hide behind his username like 90% of you Buffalo fans do. 

You just joined May 9th? You waited over 20+ years to win a playoff game before joining JN as a Bills troll? Na. I can't respect that. I think and find it pretty bush league.

You keep saying I joined to troll, but there is no proof of me ever trolling.

8 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I hope he figures out how to win on his own. 

Exactly. 

2-2 in the playoffs and 3/4 of those playoff games were mediocre to horrible. 

He's had 1 good playoff games and 3 crap one's (while carried by his Defense).

Josh Allen getting over $250M is an absolute joke for a QB who's unproven during postseason pressure. 

Only Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers/Patrick Mahomes "deserves" that type of money. 

1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

My eyes go wide everytime there is one of these new contracts. It's hard to imagine how you'll be able to build a really good roster around your QB when they make that much, but I'll be thrilled if the day ever comes when the Jets give a QB a contract like that. 

If these contracts keep going up like this, I don't see how the league can avoid making some kind of cut out in the salary cap for the QB contract. Unless the cap is going to increase every year, significantly, I'm not sure how teams are going to manage when you have to pay your QB such a big slice of your cap. 

Drafting is more important than ever. I think the days of building super teams through FA ala The Bucs with Brady are going to phase out. I think Superbowl teams are going to be which ever team with a top QB can field the highest number of impact players on rookie contracts. Draft picks have never been more valuable 

why would the league/owners care?  having a cut out is a bad business idea as it's less money to them.

the players get the same amount of money - if the QB doesn't eat up the cap the other players get the money.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Exactly. 

2-2 in the playoffs and 3/4 of those playoff games were mediocre to horrible. 

He's had 1 good playoff games and 3 crap one's (while carried by his Defense).

Josh Allen getting over $250M is an absolute joke for a QB who's unproven during postseason pressure. 

Only Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers/Patrick Mahomes "deserves" that type of money. 

Hence I hope he figures out how to win on his own. 

17 minutes ago, Bufflegend26 said:

Who ? Sammy Watkins ? They literally kept there entire squad and added a bunch of lineman this year 

No, I don’t think so.

Pretty sure they lost like 7 starters.

Edit: Just looked it up. They lost Eric Fisher, Mitchell Schwartz, Anthony Reiter, Damien Williams, Sammy Watkins, Bashaud Breeland, Damien Wilson, Kelechi Osemele and Kapsaacin.

Thats 8 starters they lost. Why did you think they kept their whole squad!??

https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/gm-report/dont-panic-do-worry-about-the-kansas-city-chiefs-offseason-so-far

• Post of the Week 1