Training Camp 8/11

Lith

34 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Based on hos draft position alone, he was a bust for the Titans. Hope he plays a lot better here. It's not just that he got surpassed by a much better WR in Brown,  he failed in the clutch too often.  

Anyways.. new venue can change things. 

That “hos” remark was totally out of bounce. No need to call him that. ?

See how that works?

Speech to text… get used to it.

When he’s tweeting what he’s seen on every snap, it’s going to happen.

This is 2021, my friend, not 2001.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, GangGreened said:

Why do some fans on here get so riled up about people displaying concerns or “negativity?” Like what have the Jets done in the last 10 years that they should receive the benefit of the doubt? They’ve been the worst team in football for a decade now.

Just ignore the post and move on if it’s tainting your green glasses. Fans telling other fans how to be fans is the worst.

Bullying the discontents is how I express my fandom.  Just ignore it and move on.

1 hour ago, slats said:

My understanding is that they just finished the installs, and now it’s basically review from here on out. If Wilson is the workaholic/film-junkie we’ve heard about, he’ll be studying/watching what went wrong in practice during the day to fix it the next day. Also seems like he’s forcing things in practice just to see the results. No confidence problems if that’s the case. 

Correct...I should have made my point clearer but the install days ended I believe two practices ago or so. From here on out it is straight repetition and building both mental and muscle memory. These next few weeks (and obviously the PS games) will give us our first glimpse of Zach's true current understanding of the offense as well as his future potential. Exciting times for sure! 

• Upvote 4

im not sure why this is surprising.  Fant is going to be our RT this year.  Moses was signed for depth as you can tell by his salary.  Fant is much more athletic then moses and is a much better fit in this system then moses.  Fant would have to outright tank in camp for Moses to get that job.

this is ridiculous of course - fant will be an important part of this team as backup at most important offensive line position ie tackle - he is getting respect from coaching staff and he needs reps in new system to be effective when needed - moses is the starter and was going to be from the moment he was signed

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

this is entertainment.  We all get annoyed by the jets.  but you take it to the extreme.  hope you find some joy this year.

I enjoy football. Benchmarking the Jets against successful franchises is enjoyable for me and I like sharing what I see. I would like the Jets to be good. Just sitting back and saying well it's just entertainment when we have an avenue to vent...I guess that's never going to be me. 

3 hours ago, GangGreened said:

Why do some fans on here get so riled up about people displaying concerns or “negativity?” Like what have the Jets done in the last 10 years that they should receive the benefit of the doubt? They’ve been the worst team in football for a decade now.

Just ignore the post and move on if it’s tainting your green glasses. Fans telling other fans how to be fans is the worst.

I can’t stand Matt’s post and I also agree with this. Well done. 

Serious question. 

For all the one's who questioned the Zach Wilson draft pick and threw him into the Hall of Shame and all because of multiple INTs during the Green and White scrimmage...

Can I now place him into Canton's Hall of Fame due to a whooping two consecutive training camp practices of multiple beautiful TD throws and 0 INTs during back to back TC practices and without his starting LG Alijah Vera-Tucker too?

(Asking for a friend).

image.png.e64940665b89a22d0207bd60f7e0fd59.png

If so can someone with Photoshop skills replace Manning's face with Mr. Wilson's face? I'd love it. 

• Upvote 1

I did like Wilson's insight on practice. With his position, he's in a time where he can emulate game time but without any real repercussions for doing ballsy stuff. A lot of the great ones use practice to stretch what they can and can't do. Obviously it's not an indicator of great success, but I like that he's being pretty bold. You don't see that a lot with our QB's. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Serious question. 

For all the one's who questioned the Zach Wilson draft pick and threw him into the Hall of Shame and all because of multiple INTs during the Green and White scrimmage...

Can I now place him into Canton's Hall of Fame due to a whooping two consecutive training camp practices of multiple beautiful TD throws and 0 INTs during back to back TC practices and without his starting LG Alijah Vera-Tucker too?

(Asking for a friend).

image.png.e64940665b89a22d0207bd60f7e0fd59.png

If so can someone with Photoshop skills replace Manning's face with Mr. Wilson's face? I'd love it. 

Since Statz can't make it through two posts without calling out the board and/or reminding the board about players he ranted and raved about while in college, here's Zach Wilson's biggest fan DWC from a wee 10 days ago:

On 7/27/2021 at 2:32 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Wrong. If Zach Wilson was confident in his own ability not to BUST he'd sign his damn contract and be a leader for his teammates. 

It's Zach Wilson who's scared of a contract with no offset language and it's alarming to me as a red flag because he doesn't even believe in himself in order to gamble on himself. 

On 7/27/2021 at 2:39 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

Sorry but Wilson doesn't "deserve" Trevor Lawrence's contract. 

A.) He never won a National Championship.

B.) He never made the National Championship Game 2x.

C.) He never made 3 playoff appearances. 

D.) He wasn't drafted #1 overall. 

What's next? 

He's going to "demand" Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady $$$$ during his next contract negotiations without ever winning a SB? 

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Mims lost 20lbs from food poisoning. No clue if that has been mentioned 

Is that a real thing?  I'm not arguing, I don't know.

Tell you what, I have some kind of bug right now, (no, it's not the covid).   But I am exhausted, and if I do anything, like make lunch, I feel like I need to lay down for an hour nap.   I haven't been sick in at least 15 years, but I can't imagine doing a training camp like this.

If he really was sick, it'll be another week before he is 100%.

17 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Since Statz can't make it through two posts without calling out the board and/or reminding the board about players he ranted and raved about while in college, here's Zach Wilson's biggest fan DWC from a wee 10 days ago:

Those were contract negotiation talks and in case you forgot (I made it known) I was going out of my way to mock those fans who hated Revis for his holdouts.  

I love Zach Wilson the QB prospect heading into the draft I was scared of his shoulder surgeries but that's Chad Pennington fear but I love this kids arm and potential. 

But yeah funny how you intentionally left out the quotes where I mentioned 10x I was using Zach's holdout as a way of getting my #24 Revis payback (fans attacked me for supporting his holdouts). 

???

Wake me up when I start creating threads to call out the kid all because of Training Camp INTs before a single preseason snap along without Preseason and Regular Season ROOKIE INTs + loses. 

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Met the Gator at the first ever Yankee Fan Festival.  All class as you'd expect.  Wish I'd seen him in his prime.

Saw him in his rookie training camp in Ft. Lauderdale. Was able to sit in the stands with the scouts and listen to them talk about "the kid". Talk about all gas!

Have never forgotten.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Why would our coaching staff force him to play out of position? 

He's played 96 consecutive starts @ RT and is an NFL top 3 RT and already the best one we've had since Damien Woody. 

He'll never in a million years play RG. Because he's a beast RT..

He won't start at guard in a million years most likely because he'll be dead for about 999,950 of them

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Is that a real thing?  I'm not arguing, I don't know.

Tell you what, I have some kind of bug right now, (no, it's not the covid).   But I am exhausted, and if I do anything, like make lunch, I feel like I need to lay down for an hour nap.   I haven't been sick in at least 15 years, but I can't imagine doing a training camp like this.

If he really was sick, it'll be another week before he is 100%.

Here's an article

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I mean the team won 2 games last year and hasn’t made the playoffs in a decade. Kinda happens.

Because as we all know, Saleh, LaFleur, Urlrich, Zach, Moore, the Carters etc were all here for those 0 years.  So instead of waiting to see, lets bitch and moan every day, every post.  Complain like you've been there and seen it for yourself.  Or make shlt up like Zach has a weak arm

Then defend yourself with you like to benchmark a team you havent seen play with the best in the league.   Because you know, the Jets need to compare somewhat favorably with other teams this year

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

and one of those training camps he went to the Buccaneers offense looked absolutely atrocious. I known. Because I live in Tampa Bay and it's been everywhere online from the local media. Their HC said it was the worst TC for an offense he's seen in 5 years.

Does this mean father time who's undefeated has finally caught up to the 50 year old QB?

But no training camp reports from this guy? No insight into the practices he's attended? Only pads vs. no pads reports? That's why he goes to practices to see if pads or no pads?

As a Jets fan you couldn't pay me enough to go out of my way to attend a Buccaneers practice. I'd much rather watch our High School practices here in St. Petersburg, Florida. You know. Where the kids actually hit. And hit hard. While in pads too. 

Wait.... you live in st pete? Im in tampa. Where do u watch games

• WTF? 1