Training Camp 8/11

Lith

34 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Can't blame anyone for complaining. You've been nothing but negative  for a while. Before opening any post of yours, we all know how it's going to go.

I mean the team won 2 games last year and hasn’t made the playoffs in a decade. Kinda happens.

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

Better than dodging tropical storms/hurricanes in the Caribbean.  Yesterday we had a close call in Puerto Rico, keeping fingers crossed that we stay in the clear this year; especially after Maria's devastation to our infrastructure just a few years back. 

My town got hammered last year. Two hurricanes and two more tropical storms. Hoping we’re due for a break. Not that they’re not fun or anything… 

33 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I get it, but it's better to practice good habits than bad ones.  

Not wrong. But I think there’s multiple ways to look at it, particularly when you’re talking about a rookie who is taking an enormous jump in the level of competition and needs to learn what facets of his game need to be changed to be successful at the NFL level and reach his full potential.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

My town got hammered last year. Two hurricanes and two more tropical storms. Hoping we’re due for a break. Not that they’re not fun or anything… 

Where do you live? That's awful! Most people were basically eating dry foods for almost 2 months without power and water. Plenty of paper towels though, thanks to DJT (he could play for the Knicks @Defense Wins Championships ).

DJ.gif

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Reminds me of freshman year, 1990.

Drinking 40s of Crazy Horse Malt Liquor followed by a nightcap of Seagrams 7 chased with Chocolate Yoo-Hoo and a can of raw tuna.

Haven't had whiskey since....

Whoa ... gave me flashbacks ... My junior year (earlier date unspecified ...) came back to my apartment on a Friday afternoon, where one of  three roommates was celebrating birthday with Jack Daniels. Did shots on an empty stomach. Drank other stuff after that which I don't remember, topping it all off with a few bongs. Proceeded to curl around toilet and hurl for a few long hours. Our bathroom was notable, because it was painted gloss fire engine red by the previous tenant, as looking like the kind of bathroom one would die in from an overdose of something. I thought that was the night. Never drank JD again.

But I must say the Yoo-Hoo and the can of tuna really would make its mark, so to speak.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean the team won 2 games last year and hasn’t made the playoffs in a decade. Kinda happens.

Bringing up negative things is one thing but complaining for the sake of complaining is something else.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Figured you couldn't really live without knowing that, so here ya go.

Faneto means finesse. Faneto is a song that was released by Chicago rapper Chief Keef in 2014, in it, he raps "Know you can't get no money silly ho - I just hit a stain, faneto." Fans were initially confused as to what that the slang Faneto meant, but Chief Keef later revealed its definition
Faneto means finesse

Guess we'll have to learn another language if we're going to follow DJ  :) 

It doesn't make sense in either situation.  Perfect.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Where do you live? That's awful! Most people were basically eating dry foods for almost 2 months without power and water. Plenty of paper towels though thanks to DJT (he could play for the Knicks @Defense Wins Championships )

DJ.gif

I’m on the Riviera Maya, about a half hour south of the Cancun airport. 

• Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Saleh just talked about Zach having a conversation with Mosley after the near INT to open 11 on 11s.  He said that Zach saw the check down but wanted to test the LBs to see if he could squeeze in the 3rd read instead for practice purposes and to see if the WR could make the play.  Said that Mosley had excellent communication with him during the exchange.

I love that he had that conversation with Mosley.

cc: @JiFapono hopefully you feel a little better about Saleh’s quote from yesterday now, lol.

• Sympathy 2

43 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Titans fans considered him to be a major bust.

When you pick a receiver 5th overall you expect a perennial pro bowler and top 5-10 at the position, so in that way he was definitely a big disappointment, but overall still rounded out to being a solid #2 option at receiver which is much better than some other notable WR busts in recent memory

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

IJ, why the raw tuna after all that booze?  I must know.  My dreams are now haunted by that image.

Drunk, hungry and the only thing my roommate had in our minifridge.

I wish I was making this story up....I really really do....

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, slats said:

I’m on the Riviera Maya, about a half hour south of the Cancun airport. 

I love Mexico and "el caldo de 7 mares", one of my favorite soups.  I think I ate that dish in Bucerio, just a few miles from Puerto Vallarta's airport. 

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

What can I say.....18 and stupid with a capital S.

Its like you couldnt have made up a worse combination.

I am not getting over this easily. ...

Its like:

"I remember back as a freshman in the 90s the we'd drink a few bottles of vermouth, followed by a nightcap of gin chased with skim milk and spam"

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

We get it...this what now? two or three days you've come on here to make the same complaints?

Go back and watch the Bucs practice instead of clogging up the thread with your whiney little bitch complaints.

and one of those training camps he went to the Buccaneers offense looked absolutely atrocious. I known. Because I live in Tampa Bay and it's been everywhere online from the local media. Their HC said it was the worst TC for an offense he's seen in 5 years.

Does this mean father time who's undefeated has finally caught up to the 50 year old QB?

But no training camp reports from this guy? No insight into the practices he's attended? Only pads vs. no pads reports? That's why he goes to practices to see if pads or no pads?

As a Jets fan you couldn't pay me enough to go out of my way to attend a Buccaneers practice. I'd much rather watch our High School practices here in St. Petersburg, Florida. You know. Where the kids actually hit. And hit hard. While in pads too. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Iron sharpening iron. 

These kids are going to make one another more battle tested because it only took Joey Bosa one drive to realize why his brother Nick Bosa got manhandled by Mekhi Becton and immediately lined up against Fant @ RT for the rest of the game. 

Carl Lawson is getting some good practice in against an absolute mountain of a beast. 

• Upvote 1