Jamison Crowder

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Agreed.  I wanted to trade him but after seeing the difference he made today, he is an integral part of this team and is going nowhere.

I didn't want him traded but was ok with him leaving.  Not after today. Moore may become a really good player but a rookie QB needs a Jamison Crowder. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, RoadFan said:

The Jets should have a receiving TE on the roster as an outlet for a young QB.  
Crowder has to be that guy for ZW.  He was today…

Mims and 47 bags of footballs for whatever TE can help us. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

I still say Zach Ertz was the perfect guy for Wilson

I’d honestly still consider a trade for a TE. Feels like Zach is especially suited to having a  big bodied guy like that who could be a reliable option. It’s badly lacking at the minute and everyone we have is garbage. 

Crowder was always going to help though. He’s been grossly underrated by our fans, always shows up to play.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Different offense with him oin the field.

Cole is a jag.

I’m confused with this post. I feel like he made very important catches yesterday. 

I also think Crowder deserves a contract extension. The offense looked completely different with him in the lineup. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Ghost said:

I’m confused with this post. I feel like he made very important catches yesterday. 

I also think Crowder deserves a contract extension. The offense looked completely different with him in the lineup. 

Bold: we are saying the same thing.

As for Keelan Cole, he is not on Jameson’s level. Cole is a jag. Good catches? Yes. Makes the offer de start to click? Nah. Lots of guys around the league can play his role. I think we could have done better with FA $$$.

Crowder clearly gave Zach someone he trusts like Corey Davis. It helped with rhythm and anticipation. It had a ripple effect on everything.

Now, we just need to ditch GVR.

41 minutes ago, varjet said:

I was wrong about trading Crowder.  He obviously is needed.   This is last year on this contract.  JD guaranteed it in return for him agreeing to a reduced salary.  I think he is moving on.  It is Coles last year too. 

Crowder’s walking after having to take a pay cut. I’m sure JDs plan was to have Moore and Mims step up in 2022 without missing a beat but early returns dont look great.

Agree with the sentiment in this thread. Young QB needs a guy who’s going to be open for shorter throws. Tight end was always the traditional one, we saw it function for the Darnold with CMC against the Panthers - Crowder is the best option for that on the Jets right now. Made a huge difference yesterday.

Still would be good to add weapons at other positions (TE, RB) and we’ll see by the end of the year if Moore looks like he’s ready to take on the Crowder role next season but add a little more explosiveness.

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

The hatred of Cole is astounding. He is a fine 4th or 5th receiver, and has made some nice catches this season. 

• Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Agreed.  I wanted to trade him but after seeing the difference he made today, he is an integral part of this team and is going nowhere.

Think so? He’s gone after this year. Moore will take over the slot. JD forced his hand and slashed his contract.  No way he returns here. Not that he’s unappreciated, it’s just he’s better suited to be on a contender at this stage of his career and will earn a better contract elsewhere. 

15 hours ago, RoadFan said:

The Jets should have a receiving TE on the roster as an outlet for a young QB.  
Crowder has to be that guy for ZW.  He was today…

Yea, but if you look at the rosters of all the teams in the NFL....there aren't too many teams that have real go to TE's. They just aren't easy to find. 

7 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I’d honestly still consider a trade for a TE. Feels like Zach is especially suited to having a  big bodied guy like that who could be a reliable option. It’s badly lacking at the minute and everyone we have is garbage. 

Crowder was always going to help though. He’s been grossly underrated by our fans, always shows up to play.

His TE at BYU will be available in 2022 draft. They were very good together. 

11 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Yea, but if you look at the rosters of all the teams in the NFL....there aren't too many teams that have real go to TE's. They just aren't easy to find. 

I am aware of that.  But Beli acquired Henry and Jonnu in anticipation for Mac.  Jags traded for Dan Arnold.   49ers already have Kittle.  The Bears?  Well… they’re the Bears.

Doesnt have to be Kelce or Waller, but a TE is just a good thing for a rookie QB.

I still say he looked a little PO'd yesterday. Almost like he was unhappy with Zach? Maybe I'm just reading into it a little too much, but the dudes career does hang in the balance. I'm sure he's heard the trade rumors. Now he's dealing with a rookie QB.

He he definitely shows up when it counts.

5 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

5 receptions for 124 yards this year. I feel confident with Cole as a 4th WR, and that is what he is playing right now. I don't get the Cole hate. 

Not hate.

Simoky saying he’s not a superstar. He has a role, he died t have to be special to fill it, but after the past several months on JN it’s clear some have loftier expectations of him.

I thought all along we paid FA $ for a #3-4 WR. My expectations are met. He’s a jag. That’s not an insult. Every team has and needs them. Have a small job, do it well.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Not hate.

Simoky saying he’s not a superstar. He has a role, he died t have to be special to fill it, but after the past several months on JN it’s clear some have loftier expectations of him.

I thought all along we paid FA $ for a #3-4 WR. My expectations are met. He’s a jag. That’s not an insult. Every team has and needs them. Have a small job, do it well.

He's a JAG for a 1 or 2 spot, not as a 4th wide receiver. We are going to have to disagree about him being a JAG.