Fixing Zach Wilson is simple

hmhertz

3 hours ago, hmhertz said:

Hire John Beck. He was the guy who turned JW into one of the hottest prospects in the '21 draft.

They communicate well, Beck has become a Guru developing QBs. Benefits for JB opportunities

for future hot coaching opportunities, if he wants to stay independent source , great pub.

Benefit for JD a franchise QB and a job saver. JW needs a friend and his mentor

Who’s JW?

3 hours ago, y2k8 said:

I was NOT expecting to read a Michelangelo Antonioni reference in this forum. Well done!

Here's a picture of Monica Vitti, because why not?

image.png.795f7979060409c9417d45b3e1c283f1.png

That era of Italian and French filmmaking represents true cinema.  His trilogy--and especially L'Avventura--is a masterwork.  Most of it does not translate well (no pun lol) in today's times.   But they are still massively important films.

And la signora Vitti is sublime and a very fine actress.

41S8ambJbAL._AC_.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Problem with being a fan, in the words of a wise-man, is “we keep getting older but they stay the same age”

It’s not fair for us to impose a higher level of immediate gratification upon the new guy simply because we’ve been disappointed on many prior occasions. Zach was not part of those failures. He deserves an honest shot to fall on his face and lift himself back up.

This is beautifully elucidated.   But here's the dilemma facing any top pick by or team: They want to be the savior or spark which turns the failure around.  But until they actually succeed, the decades of losses and terrible play prevent many fans from accepting even marginal play.  

I freely admit that watching these guys for 56 years has resulted in me getting frustrated early.  But I still want Zack to succeed.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

"Lack of instincts for the position of quarterback. He looks like a “manufactured QB,” In other words, he looks like a good athlete who was trained and well-coached to be a quarterback. He does not at all look like someone who was born to be a quarterback."

-Daniel Kelly (my new hero)

Who Justin fields? 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Jeff beck, and Eric Clapton have both played on Roger Waters solo albums. Pros and cons of hitchhiking, and Amused to death. Both really great albums. they toured with him as well. There's some really good live stuff on YouTube especially from the Pros and Cons tour. 

That being said I had breakfast I took a nap I had a few cocktails and I've tried to read the OP a bunch of times and I still have no freaking clue what he's talking about. I even tried the first letter of every word to see if there was some kind of code involved!? 

Besureanddrinkyourovaltine-

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, y2k8 said:

Zach Wilson doesn't need to be fixed. He needs to be developed. The current coaching staff may be doing just fine developing him. We really don't know. The kid has played all of 5 games. Rome wasn't sacked in a day.

That said, we do know Sam Darnold does need to be fixed because he was never developed.

One has to believe JD & Salah are doing everything they can to not repeat recent history.

This is the only rational response for the future of a young QB with a young team and young coaching staff. We simply don't know yet. If we are having the same conversations after ten games, the current criticism of the team would make sense. 

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, y2k8 said:

That said, we do know Sam Darnold does need to be fixed because he was never developed.

Maybe he just wasn't/isn't very good?  If he was, he'd still be here.  Multiple coaching staffs couldn't do anything for him.  He also led all of FBS in turnovers his final year at USC, meaning his surroundings weren't all to blame.  Just look at what he's doing in Carolina despite excellent circumstances; he already has 6 INT's and has fumbled 4 times in 5 starts.

You can only generally "develop" OK QB's into good ones, or good ones into very good ones.  You can't turn sh*t into ice cream.  You can't fix slow processing and inaccuracy at the pro level (with the lone exception of the latter being Josh Allen).  You simply have to have those 2 abilities already installed.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

This team desperately needs one. Bring both of them in to work with DC and RU. But slowly. Things will grow but with proper tutelage. And if he’s good at what he does QR will be way ahead of schedule. Anybody agree with me or am I way off on this? It’s the thing that seems to make sense. Go Horned Frogs!

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Jets fans: “Don’t keep Sam Darnold, he can’t be fixed!”

Also Hets fans: “Hire Jon Beck, sign Josh McCown!!! We need to fix Zach!!!”

Henry Cavill Shrug GIF

Jets Fans: "Don't keep Sam Darnold. after 3 years we know he sucks"

Also Jet fans: "we need to develop our rookie QB some more after just 5 games"

fixed it for you

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, doitny said:

Jets Fans: "Don't keep Sam Darnold. after 3 years we know he sucks"

Also Jet fans: "we need to develop our rookie QB some more after just 5 games"

fixed it for you

Of course.  That's 3 years vs. 5 games!

Moreover, as the season has gone on - it's proving that Jet fans were right to move on from Sam.  Sam is 3rd in INT's only behind Zach and Trevor.  

• Post of the Week 1

47 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Of course.  That's 3 years vs. 5 games!

Moreover, as the season has gone on - it's proving that Jet fans were right to move on from Sam.  Sam is 3rd in INT's only behind Zach and Trevor.  

Wilson has flashed more in 5 games than Darnold has in 5 years. Jets fans are programmed to hate everything they have and pump up everything outside the org- ie. the laughable Mac Jones praise. Or the lack of criticism of TL relative to Wilson even tho they are basically having the same season 

• Post of the Week 2

On 10/15/2021 at 9:25 AM, munchmemory said:

I like how this Beck takes care of business (faked for the classic Antonioni flick, of course) after a blown amp and patch cord.  

Sorry to derail the thread, but what a great scene! Beck and Page only lasted a few months together in the band.As a lover and owner of quite a few Vox amps ,it has always baffled me as to why the company would allow their name front and center ,while one of their amps was "pigging out".  Now back to football.

• Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, Big Snell said:

Sorry to derail the thread, but what a great scene! Beck and Page only lasted a few months together in the band.As a lover and owner of quite a few Vox amps ,it has always baffled me as to why the company would allow their name front and center ,while one of their amps was "pigging out".  Now back to football.

Dude, for me, you can derail a thread like this any time.   I have loved that scene from first seeing the flick a million years ago.  Yeah, why would Vox approve that.  lol  I always thought it was a blown patch cord ("lead" as the Brits say it).

What a band.  As you know, at various times, the Yardbirds had three of rock's greatest guitar players:  Clapton, Beck & Page.  Jimmy actually recommended Beck for the gig after Clapton split.   As thanks, Beck gives Page his iconic Telecaster.  Wow.

Very impressed that you owned Vox amps.  AC30s?  I saw Queen open for Mott on their first tour.  Most impressive part for me was seeing Brian May's stage set up.   No joke, he must have had 10 AC30s.  

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Dude, for me, you can derail a thread like this any time.   I have loved that scene from first seeing the flick a million years ago.  Yeah, why would Vox approve that.  lol  I always thought it was a blown patch cord ("lead" as the Brits say it).

What a band.  As you know, at various times, the Yardbirds had three of rock's greatest guitar players:  Clapton, Beck & Page.  Jimmy actually recommended Beck for the gig after Clapton split.   As thanks, Beck gives Page his iconic Telecaster.  Wow.

Very impressed that you owned Vox amps.  AC30s?  I saw Queen open for Mott on their first tour.  Most impressive part for me was seeing Brian May's stage set up.   No joke, he must have had 10 AC30s.  

Actually , I have one AC30, an older AC15 and an even older AC4. I used to also have a Super Beatle,but I sold that one. Funny thing is now a days I don't even gig with an amp !

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Big Snell said:

Actually , I have one AC30, an older AC15 and an even older AC4. I used to also have a Super Beatle,but I sold that one. Funny thing is now a days I don't even gig with an amp !

Wow, that's impressive.   Super Beatle?  I genuflect in your presence.  lol

Man, I sold all my amps and electric guitars.  Now just tool around on three acoustics (Orangewood grand concert, Epiphone Dove and Breedlove concert).