Defending Joe Douglas; And It's Year 2 Not Year 3

McNeil

Besides moving on from darnold I think the next big splash was getting the draft picks in the adams trade.  They have a good chance to parley them into some good players in the next draft and it gets even better as Seattle’s records goes south.  The saleh hire looks solid. Too early to tell if he’s going to be long term but there are some positives in spite of the record.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1

JD came in 2019 and made PLENTY of roster moves. Starting with signing a kicker right before week 1 who never kicked in Metlife before. And wouldn't you guess it, Jets lose on a missed FG..

This coming after he signed a washed up center for 10 million dollars who never took a snap. But lets overlook 2019. 

2020 Draft Class is a disaster. 

His FA signing on Oline have been discussed in great length on here. Disaster.

Some reason he doesnt value the TE positon and we are a complete embarrassment at the TE position.

For all this talk of the D, the Falcons and Matt Ryan just shredded them. Darnold beat them, Mac Jones beat them, and the Broncos with future Hall of famer Teddy Bridgewater put 26 points on them. 

SO far, Elijiah Moore is a ghost, Carter the RB has 3.4 ypc. 

This team, this wild rookie experiment by JD isn't going well. He has not been a good GM. 

He shipped all talent for picks that havent panned out, see Leo for Davis trade.

Fire Joe

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This coming after he signed a washed up center for 10 million dollars who never took a snap. But lets overlook 2019. 

And for those who want to give Joe Douglas credit for 2019, be advised, his roster failures cost us a playoff berth.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3

6 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Starting with signing a kicker right before week 1 who never kicked in Metlife before. And wouldn't you guess it, Jets lose on a missed FG..

This was actually a very big red flag for me with JD.

It's not just what you stated..but this guy was missing all pre-season...it wasn't a surprise.  And he didn't have a legitimate 2nd option in camp.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

If people want to say year 1 doesnt count I wonder if they realize the vast majority of the teams wins with him as GM came that year. Cool. Let's remove year 1 and play along.

That means he is 2-19 as a GM. Good stuff.

That's more than fair.  

He tore the entire team down to the foundation and is rebuilding a complete roster.

Hopefully the second half of 21 starts to show some results propelling the team to compete for a wild card next year.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Besides moving on from darnold I think the next big splash was getting the draft picks in the adams trade.  They have a good chance to parley them into some good players in the next draft and it gets even better as Seattle’s records goes south.  The saleh hire looks solid. Too early to tell if he’s going to be long term but there are some positives in spite of the record.

Please elaborate, I haven't seen any.