Wilson out 2-4 weeks per Schefter

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

It's really not the worst thing in the world. We are going to get systematically destroyed by the Bengals, Colts, Bills over the next 3 weeks.

Let Zach sit and come back against much more reasonably matched opponents in Miami, Houston, and Philly.

Exactly. Plus I assume our offense will continue to struggle and people will realize that it's truly not a Zach problem. 

6 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Blessing in disguise? Let the kid rest, learn, and take some time off this dumpster fire. 

I do feel bad for the WR corps and the rest of the team getting hit trying to win games weekly. 

This experiment isn't going well. 

The team I saw on Sunday in Foxboro bore no resemblance to a team that was trying to win. Gashed up the middle on the run and on the edges with the screen pass. The Pats only had to run two plays all day to beat these guy like a red headed step child. Jets looked like they were still sleeping and on their second bye week.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

It's really not the worst thing in the world. We are going to get systematically destroyed by the Bengals, Colts, Bills over the next 3 weeks.

Let Zach sit and come back against much more reasonably matched opponents in Miami, Houston, and Philly.

I don't think Lafleur can come up with a game plan that could be the Kansas Jayhawks. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Meh, I'd put him on the shelf for the year.  Offense looked better with White anyway.

LOL, White had 1 TD pass (which was when he took over at the 1 yard line after Wilson completed a perfect pass to Griffin and helped draw a PI down the field. After that 2 INTs and zero TD passes against a defense playing prevent. 

He is better at dumping the ball off to RBs (which is probably something Wilson should learn to do more to protect himself)> 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Jets should, at this stage, sign a veteran QB asap, even a sucky JAGgy one, and start them the rest of the season.

Mike White is no answer to any question worth asking.

And Zack Wilson doesn't belong as a starter right now.  

The fact the offense looked far better (albeit not much more productive) when White took over says alot.

Play the JAG Vet, see if we have literally ANY pieces worth keeping, and sit (protect) Zack for the rest of 2021.

Rushing Zack back, on this team, with this line, with a knee injury, would be professional malpractice.

Whatever "gain" we thought we were getting starting Zack from day 1, that ship has sailed and sunk and an octopus took a dump on it.

If we're to salvage Zack from bust status, he needs to sit.

Credit to those who wanted to go this route from he start, they were right, I was wrong.

@jgb for example, was 100% right and I was dead wrong.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

6 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

The team I saw on Sunday in Foxboro bore no resemblance to a team that was trying to win. Gashed up the middle on the run and on the edges with the screen pass. The Pats only had to run two plays all day to beat these guy like a red headed step child. Jets looked like they were still sleeping and on their second bye week.

and thats the bad defense we thought we would have all year.

Good news. 

Give him 3 to 4 weeks and have him ready to go for the Miami, Houston, Philly stretch in late Nov/early Dec.  Three bad defenses -- chance to ease him back in and hopefully help him regain his confidence after a very rough start to the season.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Meh, I'd put him on the shelf for the year.  Offense looked better with White anyway.

4 weeks from now I don't think you'll be saying the same thing.  But I do think there's a case to be made for leaving Zach on the bench longer than 4 weeks even if he's healthy.  Make sure Becton is back and playing well enough to protect Zach.  Make sure the OL in general is stable.  And bench Zach for the game in Houston since that's a potentially winnable one.  Since the season is over, we need the losses.