Which QB would you start vs Buffalo?

Mike135

Which QB would you start vs Buffalo?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Zach or White? Assuming both are healthy.

White?  He seems to be able to spread the ball around more.  Letting Moore, Cole and Carter develop.  Plus he makes it easier on the oline.  Allowing Zach to learn from the sidelines.

Or Zach?  Let him learn by fire.  Hopefully he has learned (from White and Johnson) that taking the shorter stuff can lead to success.

• Upvote 1

depends on who they want to QB going forward.

you got to figure whoever it is will struggle against the Buffalo defense. more then the Dolphins the next week.

so if you want Zach you start White and hope he struggles so then you can say you start Zach vs Mia who should be an easier team to score on. and then ride the season out with Zach. or vise versa. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

If Zach is practicing this week it has to be Zach.  As much as White has shown, you either believe Zach is a FQB or you don't.  White earned himself a huge pay rise this offseason (either for the Jets or as a backup elsewhere) even if he never sees the field again this year.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

IMO, starting Zach Wilson vs Buffalo would essentially be sabotaging Zach Wilson. 

No QB has played well vs Buffalo. If you start Zach vs Buffalo, you can't bench him afterwards. There are also some unanswered questions with the recent success of White and Johnson that would make the noise for his benching louder.

If Zach plays poorly vs Buffalo, the media and fans will be calling for his backup whenever he has a bad game.

Media and fans are going to scream and shout regardless.  The odds of a win with White or Wilson are low.  I don't think the CS or JD are reading the press or fan forums as much as people think.  If Wilson is 100% ready to practice on Monday, it'll almost certainly be Wilson.  It does suck that it's against one of the best defenses in the league, but with great risk comes great reward.  All of this talk will go out the window if Wilson takes a big step forward and looks good.

25 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

White?  He seems to be able to spread the ball around more.  Letting Moore, Cole and Carter develop.  Plus he makes it easier on the oline.  Allowing Zach to learn from the sidelines.

Or Zach?  Let him learn by fire.  Hopefully he has learned (from White and Johnson) that taking the shorter stuff can lead to success.

Looking at this Jets offense, even Zach’s mom can move the balls better than Zach. Every snap, not every game but every snap the backup QBs take show you why Zach isn’t even the second best QB on the team. So yeah, he needs to sit down and let Mike White be our QB. 

Best QB plays. F*** the growing pains. We’ve been sh*t for a decade playing this trash strategy. Best player plays, even if it’s a Josh Johnson on SS income. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Media and fans are going to scream and shout regardless.  The odds of a win with White or Wilson are low.  I don't think the CS or JD are reading the press or fan forums as much as people think.  If Wilson is 100% ready to practice on Monday, it'll almost certainly be Wilson.  It does suck that it's against one of the best defenses in the league, but with great risk comes great reward.  All of this talk will go out the window if Wilson takes a big step forward and looks good.

Fans matter because they impact the bottom line.

You are effectively feeding the fire of a QB controversy if you don't start White. You just can't ignore a player who won AFC player of the week in his first start, and was playing well before injury.

If you are team Wilson, the best case scenario is hoping White starts but looks bad against Buffalo, so there is less resistance when you go back to Wilson. 

Honestly, White playing well vs Buffalo isn't a bad thing either.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

Fans matter because they impact the bottom line.

You are effectively feeding the fire of a QB controversy if you don't start White. You just can't ignore a player who won AFC player of the week in his first start, and was playing well before injury.

If you are team Wilson, the best case scenario is hoping White starts but looks bad against Buffalo, so there is less resistance when you go back to Wilson. 

Honestly, White playing well vs Buffalo isn't a bad thing either.

If you have a bad squad, making moves to mitigate fan overreactions is the wrong call.  Fans were pounding at the gate to see Mims get more playing time and when we finally see it because of injury it's underwhelming.  

If the coaches believe in ZW and aren't reconsidering their decision to put him in to the fire this year we will see him against the Bills if he is healthy.

If the coaches are not convinced it will help Zach to play, he'll sit.  If the offense looks good against the Bills, fans are happy, if it looks bad fans are angry regardless of who is playing at QB.  Coaching around fan perception is dumb.  Coaches will do what they can do put the best product on the field using both week to week and long term metrics.

• Upvote 1

I mean, no one expected Mike White to be any good, and we've seen Wilson struggle in games this season. Wilson will be coming back following Mike White playing well, and that 400-yard game, and I think it adds to the pressure.

For me, let him learn, let him grow and give him game time where needed. Both QB's are improving, but take some pressure off Wilson, at least for the next game, and let White start. 

• Upvote 1

Has to be Mike White at this stage, and I'm a big ZW fan. Some of you ridiculed me for saying Becton should have to earn the starting job back, but yet are ready to put Zach in as soon as he's healthy.

The kid needs to sit and hold the clipboard for at least a few more games and then be able to demonstrate the ability to run the offense the same way MW does if the big stuff is not open downfield. I wish I was a fly on the wall to determine what opened up when LaFleur when upstairs, but this is a completely different offense with him in the booth. I don't want to see that change just for Zach. So for now, White needs to be the starter, until Zach can prove he can do the same. I'm even ok if that means he sits till next year. 

• Upvote 1

The only way to handle this is hide Wilson behind his injury, start White. You do this for a couple reasons, you get to evaluate White some more, probably a game the Jets lose anyway, Wilson doesn’t have to face a top defense first game back. Also once you go to Wilson gotta think it would be detrimental to his development if he gets sat for white to come in. All that being said if white looks really good again against Buffalo, he’s gotta stay in the line up. Not an easy decision 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Moore and Carter develop and they can’t do that with Wilson.

Really? How about if we let Zach start with LaFleur in the booth. If the offense still stalling, then we sit Zach,  but we need to give the kid another shot with the new format.  There is a also a reason they hire Beck, Wilson will play as soon as he is ready.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JoeDouglasFart said:

Really? How about if we let Zach start with LaFleur in the booth. If the offense still stalling, then we sit Zach,  but we need to give the kid another shot with the new format.  There is a also a reason they hire Beck, Wilson will play as soon as he is ready.

I love how “in the booth” has become “needz weaponz”.

Zach ignoring wide-open receivers because he wants to fire off a bomb on every play has nothing to do with where LaFleur sits.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, carlito1171 said:

Mike White or Josh Johnson if Mike can't go...

I see no upside in rushing Zack back for this game at 2-6

One more week to heal, one more week to sit and learn

It aint about this year....its about the (hopefully) years to come 

Both these guys are like authors writing their first novel.  You've been working on it all your life.  Now, the issue is whether you can craft another one.  I think White is better than Johnson.  But both will be backups if they're lucky.

Zack?  He's still in the first draft stage of a short story.  At this point in his career, the idea of him writing a novel  is a distant possibility.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Zach ignoring wide-open receivers because he wants to fire off a bomb on every play has nothing to do with where LaFleur sits.

Solid point, but we should still give him another shot. Maybe sitting these two last games help him view things better. He is a smart kid with a solid arm. I think he can overcome his flaws in a very short time.