Coach Ulbrich is taking too much heat

1010WINS

18 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Atlanta hasnt had a good defense the entire 46 years I have been alive.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

That is what I was thinking... I mean what is this guy talking about?

The def is def not getting better every week. It seems like they were not prepared at all against the colts.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

54 minutes ago, JTJet said:

So was their plan to go backwards for 8 weeks and then start going forward? I'm confused here. 

if you get worse then it's easier to get better at the end of the season and have an offseason of "Darnold won a bunch of games and got better at the end of the season!"

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Remember when we drafted 20 defensive backs to play hybrid linebacker and were told that's the way to defend in today's NFL?

Ooops.

What if this is the point, but for different reasons.   Our linebackers as a whole haven’t had time to play together in this system. 

Hamsah, 3 games played, IR

Sherwood, 5 games played, IR

Davis, 2 games played, IR

Cashman, 1 game played, IR

Del’Shawn, lived on PS, 4 games played

Dawkins, waived in summer, signed for 1 game then cut. 

Williams, signed ten minutes before kickoff and has played the most (7 games)

Mosley, 7 games played

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, 1010WINS said:

The guy turned around Atlanta’s defense after Quinn was canned. 

Patience brothers. Ulbrich and Saleh are brilliant defensive minds. They will Improve every week. 

He will be fine. Ulbrich's just as clueless as the rest of them, and its an old boy network.  He has 2 more seasons at least after this year.

• Upvote 1

Okay, so a 3 deep zone with the LB's dropping immediately will cause the flat to be wide open every time, especially if the D-line is in 'just go' mode.  When our LB's are playing great, they recover and make that tackle.  When our Dline is playing great, the one guy there makes that tackle on the runner at the line.  BUT, our D is still figuring this out and if the 1 guy there doesn't make the tackle, then it's off to the races.  As we move into next year, the little DB's becoming LB's should be stronger and better able, and we will hopefully bring in some free agents that can flow to the ball and we will start having gang tackles where 11 guys are at the ball, not just 1.  Then every play isn't a "he could have had him for a loss of 1 but instead it's a 13 yard run" or "dump off in the flat for 72 yards".

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, dcJet said:

Remember when we drafted 20 defensive backs to play hybrid linebacker and were told that's the way to defend in today's NFL?

Ooops.

Actually the defense played better when Sherwood and Nasirideen were in there but they have both been injured so the LB position has been a revolving door...Moseley and Jarrad Davis are just slow and it is killing us. We have no speed right now at LB.

He has earned every degree of that heat. I would like to propose we replace the British Thermal Unit and metric joules with the standard Ulbrich (uB)

Its a unit of heat inversely proportional to the competency of a materials ability to resist radiant, conductive, or convective heat that is generated when your defense is getting roasted.

A KiloUlbrich (kU) or 1,000 Ulbrichs is 1 Saleh (sH)

Sorry. Been reading a lot of Fire Dynamics stuff lately....

23 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

What if this is the point, but for different reasons.   Our linebackers as a whole haven’t had time to play together in this system. 

Mosley, 7 games played

Why does Joe Douglas always draft players who get hurt?  Could add Ashtyn Davis, Becton, Jabari Zuniga and others to the list above.

And if it's not the players and the thinking is that it's the Jets training and medical staff then.... why does Joe Douglas continue to run one of the NFL's worst training and medical staffs?

687243831_ScreenShot2021-11-07at8_17_24AM.png.788e601da08b5604e7d1c81a67f89d8c.png

On 11/6/2021 at 10:42 AM, dcJet said:

Ooops.

Remember when you needed more than half a season to draw conclusions about a drafted player? 

• Upvote 1

On 11/6/2021 at 11:17 AM, Greenseed4 said:

Mosley, 7 games played

I think people are nuts man.  Not to say the injury thing is the only reason for the downturn but it has to be included. 

The truth is for the first 4 weeks the D was generally keeping us in games. Not dominant or anything like that, but I don't think many would argue they were outplaying their rookie and draft position status.  So they've gotten beat up for a bit now while the offense has seemingly turned a corner for the better.  It would be really cool i they could all do it during the same game, but this seems to be right in line with what we should have expected from  team built like we were.  New everyone from Coaches to QB. 

the team is getting the experience we want from this year. I'd say we have a few keepers from the last draft(s) with some potential for more. 

MC2 and Hall look to be good enough to factor into the starting plans with Echols looking more like a reserve dime type. Still a good find.  The S/LB's stories aren't written yet either.  The IR stuff sucks but Sherwood looked like he was progressing and the staff loves him.  Obviously AVT, Carter1 and Moore look the part with Wilson still struggling. 

It's a process but I'm pretty content overall with the progress. Sloppy Sloppy ??‍♂️

• Upvote 2