Jets Sign QB James Morgan (not kidding) cut DB Natrell Jamerson

Rhg1084

8 hours ago, doitny said:

there not keeping 5 QBs. they probably have 3 (Wilson, White, Flacco ) on the roster. and either Johnson or Morgan on the PS. i cant see them keeping 2 on the PS.

I think Johnson is out of PS eligibility, or the number of times we can promote him from PS to roster.

13 hours ago, JTJet said:

So what happens when White and Flacco are off Covid list? 

Surely we wont be cutting Johnson ?

Presume Morgan will get cut.

I also presume he probably knows that, and this was his only option.

Personally, I'd cut Flacco and keep White and Johnson and Morgan, but I appreciate that likely isn't a popular viewpoint.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Personally, I'd cut Flacco and keep White and Johnson and Morgan, but I appreciate that likely isn't a popular viewpoint.

I would wholly support that. 

So is this just JD doing him a solid and getting him a few more paychecks since he ruined his career? 

9 hours ago, doitny said:

there not keeping 5 QBs. they probably have 3 (Wilson, White, Flacco ) on the roster. and either Johnson or Morgan on the PS. i cant see them keeping 2 on the PS.

They just wanna yell at Morgan for dealing with the enemy week 1. lol. 

We will see. We are allowed 16 players on the PS so it's not like years past.  It's fine to use an extra spot for a guy you want to keep around while keeping a Flacco on the team for other reasons. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

cut Flacco? some people here heads would explode.

but it would be fun to watch people lose there sh*t... lol

If I was a veteran NFL QB looking to make millions before eventual retirement I would get vaccinated.  I don’t get this.  

How did MW get Covid?

As someone in Germany said, soon enough there will be three types of people (could be more than one)-vaccinated, sick and recovered, or dead.  Flacco will one of those three in the near future.  

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Can you cut a guy while he's on Covid protocol?  Even if so, seems like a crappy thing to do.

33 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

Can you cut a guy while he's on Covid protocol?  Even if so, seems like a crappy thing to do.

I don't know.

In terms of "crappy", the NFL is a business.  It's not personal. 

"Crappy" things get done every day to players in this league based on business decisions.

It's an entirely moot point, because there is no universe in all the multiverse where JD, who spent a 6th to get Flacco, would turn around and cut Flacco now in order to keep Cap'n Morgan, lol. ?

8 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

LOL - I don't go on any other fan web sites, but for those who do - do fans normally obsess about practice squad signings?

Yes, at least here in D.C. they certainly do.

Hardcores obsess about everything.  That is why they are Hardcores.

It's just that bad teams fans are always looking for hope somewhere, so we dig a bit deeper than great teams, who generally don't have to care so much about PS players.

• Upvote 1

i don't see what the problem is.  if they need a qb on sunday and flacco and white can't go then there's not much downside to bringing in a guy who was exposed to lafleur's system.  he's insurance in case johnson can't go.  and as for morgan ever getting a qb job, it's rare but there have been some pretty successful qb's that bounced around a bit joe theisman and rich gannon are a couple examples. sometimes it just takes longer for some guys.

one last point, we've now seen 3 qb's actually move the ball with lafleur's offense.  to me that's pretty good and negates a lot of criticism lafleur got early on.  hopefully wilson learned a bit while riding the pine.