Zach Cunningham (LB) released

Seems like the kind of guy these guys like.  Small LB that flies to the ball and can't take on blocks.  I think he got benched and then cut for violating team rules and skipping a covid test, so it may be more attitude than anything else.  He signed a big extension in March.  His contract is pretty crazy, but there is no dead money.  Might be worth picking him up for the remainder of the year on that, but I don't want to pay him the $15M per he is due over the next 3. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

We could do worse. Up until this year he was pretty good against the run and was a quality pass rusher. I'm not sure what type of defense the Texans run under Culley. He could be out of position and struggling or he could just be having a bad year.

Houston went from a 3-4 to a 4-3 cover 2 defense.   

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Texans are so stacked with talent they can easily afford to cut good players. 

All kidding aside, any LBer is likely better than the scrubs (Yeah, I am including Mosley) on this roster. Provided there is no future cap hit issues I would take a shot. 

he's at least better than davis or the converted safeties.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It seems Easterby is tightening the screws on the locker room. They went after Justin Reid last week, iirc. 

IIRC, Easterby is a big time Bible Thumper. Maybe he's unloading players who don't see the world the way he does off the field. 

IF - he clears waivers so he can be had for a bargain price, AND - the Jests do their due diligence and find out he's not a sociopath or locker room poison, AND - he fits the scheme (no more square pegs et. al.) THEN maybe he's worth a flyer.

• Sympathy 2

The 27-year-old was inactive in Week 13 after being late for a COVID-19 test and was disciplined by the team a few times this year, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo added.

"We have standards," coach David Culley said. "I didn't feel like those standards were being met consistently. It wasn't tough at all (to waive Cunningham). It's about the team. It's not about one individual player."

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It seems Easterby is tightening the screws on the locker room. They went after Justin Reid last week, iirc. 

Justin Reid is one of the best/nicest guys in the league. He must have told someone “no” and was immediately benched. No idea what’s going on in Houston. 
With that said, we should def sign Reid this off-season. 

• Upvote 3