One day the Braxton Berrios type of player will not be on this team

13 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

When we have seen anyone throw to berrios more he doesn't get open. Hey don't take away from his achievement. He has his role on the team I'm just saying it will be good when guys like Moore who we draft are that wr 5 guy. Instead with our sh*tty roster...we have him in the rear.

So he's not good enough to be a WR4/WR5 on the Jets, but the Chiefs can get by on their 53 with Byron Pringle, Marcus Kemp, Demarcus Robinson, and frankly Mecole Hardman for that matter. Those guys all put up teh numberz. Maybe it's because they don't have a good QB like the Jets.

And am I reading this right, that Moore is a - or rather, should be relegated to - WR5? Lol. 

Classic -- you got me. 

On 12/22/2021 at 8:45 AM, Jet Nut said:

No one complains that their 5th WR is holding the team back or the reason for the team not contending.  Especially when that 5th WR is at or near the top in both K and P returns.

The whole premise, from the opening thread down is wrong.  

We will next year when that 5th WR is Corey Davis making $13M per!

• Haha 2

On 12/22/2021 at 8:45 AM, Jet Nut said:

No one complains that their 5th WR is holding the team back or the reason for the team not contending.  Especially when that 5th WR is at or near the top in both K and P returns.

The whole premise, from the opening thread down is wrong.  

The problem is that the WR5 is one of the top three players on the roster.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That is a Macc/JD problem, not a Braxton Berrios problem. This WR room is one good draft pick from having top 10 WR talent. When Braxton Berrios is WR5/WR6, you are in good shape. Pushing Corey Davis back to WR3 also means that you are in good shape.

WR1, Moore, Davis, Crowder/Cole, Berrios is WAY more than enough to give a QB zero excuses for not excelling. I know that you were talking about the entire roster, but that shouldn't be the case next year. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

But he’s a guy you can see having a role on a Super Bowl team.  By my count: 

That’s 3/5 WR spots filled.   Just need WR 1 and WR4 lol.  

2-3/ 5 OLine done, but you need 7. 

RBs are fine in this system.  

You need TE1, TE2, 

I think the QB has been discussed enough elsewhere  lol   But if the offense keeps building you can sign a vet willing to play, so it’s not all or nothing.  

• Upvote 2

The comparison shouldn't be to Welker, but Danny Woodhead.  Most wanted him gone for a more athletic player, and he was jettisoned, despite the fact that he produced for us when given the chance. And i thought he played terrific for New England and SanDiego, and i was sorry we let him go. 

26 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

The comparison shouldn't be to Welker, but Danny Woodhead.  Most wanted him gone for a more athletic player, and he was jettisoned, despite the fact that he produced for us when given the chance. And i thought he played terrific for New England and SanDiego, and i was sorry we let him go. 

I do not remember it that way. I remember like almost unanimous like for the guy and wanting him to get the roster spot.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

8 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I do not remember it that way. I remember like almost unanimous like for the guy and wanting him to get the roster spot.

My God I hear this bullsh*t over and over.  Woodhead got cut because he blew chunks on special cover teams.  A team with Shonn Greene and Tomlinson did not need another RB.  They were short on WR and kept Clowney, not because he was faster, but because he was a much better special teamer and played WR where they were light at the time.  They had Brad Smith and McKnight who is top 4 all time in kick return average.  Watch Woodhead in kick off contain against the Dolphins and Ted Ginn Jr in 2009. Pretty sure that Westhoff would have strangled him if he got the chance.

There is no way to make Berrios play for the Jets next year.  He should be grateful that they gave him a chance after he was waived.  

He will come back for the money, come back because he likes the Jets/NY (maybe Sophia likes it) or both.

But, if JD wanted to use any leverage, he would extend him now while he is an ounce of bargaining power.  

Out of Cole, Crowder and Berrios, at least one should extended, and with Crowder out again, I would say it should be Berrios.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, varjet said:

There is no way to make Berrios play for the Jets next year.  He should be grateful that they gave him a chance after he was waived.  

He will come back for the money, come back because he likes the Jets/NY (maybe Sophia likes it) or both.

But, if JD wanted to use any leverage, he would extend him now while he is an ounce of bargaining power.  

Out of Cole, Crowder and Berrios, at least one should extended, and with Crowder out again, I would say it should be Berrios.

Cole and Crowder can go.  

Special teams makes Berrios a valuable WR5.   I’m sure his agent doesn’t want to extend right now, but I’m sure they can make a deal good for both.   

On 12/22/2021 at 1:25 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

So he's not good enough to be a WR4/WR5 on the Jets, but the Chiefs can get by on their 53 with Byron Pringle, Marcus Kemp, Demarcus Robinson, and frankly Mecole Hardman for that matter. Those guys all put up teh numberz. Maybe it's because they don't have a good QB like the Jets.

And am I reading this right, that Moore is a - or rather, should be relegated to - WR5? Lol. 

Classic -- you got me. 

These were Draft picks they hoped would be come a good Wr3 or better no? Kinda made my point. Thx

• Haha 1

On 12/23/2021 at 1:17 PM, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Berrios is a fine WR5-7/special teamer.

He shouldnt be a focal point of an offense, and he shouldn't be one of your better players.

But I've no problem with keeping him as a role player type.

Sure. 100. Won't it be nice after a couple draft when he is replaced by the up and coming 2nd or 1st round WR pick....not sure why so many do not understand or are so against this.

On 12/23/2021 at 2:11 PM, roscoeword said:

When the Jets Released Woodhead, I finally gave up on Ryan.  He always touted that workers would earn their keep, and Woodhead did everything that was asked of him.  I can literally remember me saying WTF, Ryan is just another blowhard.  

I will always take football players, who love the game, over the guys that have all the talent and no desire.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Sure. 100. Won't it be nice after a couple draft when he is replaced by the up and coming 2nd or 1st round WR pick....not sure why so many do not understand or are so against this.

The only person not understanding anything is you. Any and every team is improved with Braxton Berrios on their roster. Drafting more WRs does not push Berrios off the team. 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

If we are ever using a 1st or 2nd round draft pick looking to replace our WR 4 / 5, I want the front office fired. Or worse.

• Upvote 1

On 12/8/2021 at 5:29 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Sometimes we get so caught up in Wilson etc. bring good or how Corey Davis doesn't live up to expectation etc. But the really big things people just dismiss or dont bring up is how bad our roster really is. We have tons of below average jags, that might pop off a play here or there in their 5000 attempts and look good every now and then, but DAMN, we need to upgrade this roster. 

Some people want to extend this guys or other like him. He is a scrub player. Sorry no offense but he is not a playing ball anywhere else. I like to think and debate about our line and other positions but drafting well is really the only way to get better. And for Joe D. part in all this he has been upgrading us, this last draft especially.

I can not wait till we no longer have these guys on the squad, they are god damn practice squad guys.  

SOme of this is also just bad team management like what we see in Baltimore wiht thier RB's. they had a great back in Tyson - young athletic, good player, and then they run Bell, devaonte and every other run down back in the league to replace him. Why the hell we got COleman, Ty johnson out there all year? It took way too many weeks to get Carter the ball. but look at this kid walter. He should be the back up, 

so drafting is great but we also have to lose this hold on to scrub mentality. Braxton should be gone. Rant over. Also i hate Berrios.

LMAO