Robert Saleh Tests Positive for Covid, Total of 17 Players Join Coach in Covid Protocols

JetNation

Robert Saleh

When it comes to covid, it looks as if the New York Jets luck has run out as head coach Robert Saleh and 17 players find themselves in the leagues covid protacol.

Virtually untouched by covid in comparison to several other clubs in recent weeks, it looks like the Jets are up next.  Tight ends coach Ron Middleton will take over head coaching duties for this week’s contest while a whopping 17 players have been listed by the club as being in the protocol.

Safety Ashtyn Davis, tight end Kenny Yeboah and defensive lineman Jonathan Marshall were just added to a list tweeted out earlier by NFL insider Adam Schefter.

Fifteen Jets out due to COVID-19:

HC Robert Saleh
CB Michael Carter
WR Elijah Moore
G Vera-Tucker
DL Foley Fatukasi
DE J.Franklin-Myers
ST Justin Hardee
LB H.Nasirildeen
S S.Neasman
WR Jeff Smith
LB Blake Cashman
LB Noah Dawkins
CB Lamar Jackson
DL Tanzel Smart
WR Vyncint Smith

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) December 22, 2021

With this many players on the shelf, the league may consider moving the game from Sunday to mid-week as they did last week for clubs who were batting outbreaks.  With this being Wednesday, there is of course the chance for more positives in the coming days.

The post Robert Saleh Tests Positive for Covid, Total of 17 Players Join Coach in Covid Protocols appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

4 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Funny that noone is asking who brought that $hit into the facility...the likelihood is that they all got infected onsite.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

Typhoid Zachy*? (May as well blame him for everything!)

*who @T0mShane says is excellent 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

@The Crusher, @Jetsfan80 @munchmemory

@Warfish

Gear up and stretch out boys.

We're the starting O Line this week

I’m much more of a slot receiver myself, especially after losing some weight.  But I can’t take that job away with how many slot guys we have.  Put me at Center and let’s go to work!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, JetNation said:

Robert Saleh

When it comes to covid, it looks as if the New York Jets luck has run out as head coach Robert Saleh and 17 players find themselves in the leagues covid protacol.

Virtually untouched by covid in comparison to several other clubs in recent weeks, it looks like the Jets are up next.  Tight ends coach Ron Middleton will take over head coaching duties for this week’s contest while a whopping 17 players have been listed by the club as being in the protocol.

Safety Ashtyn Davis, tight end Kenny Yeboah and defensive lineman Jonathan Marshall were just added to a list tweeted out earlier by NFL insider Adam Schefter.

Fifteen Jets out due to COVID-19:

HC Robert Saleh
CB Michael Carter
WR Elijah Moore
G Vera-Tucker
DL Foley Fatukasi
DE J.Franklin-Myers
ST Justin Hardee
LB H.Nasirildeen
S S.Neasman
WR Jeff Smith
LB Blake Cashman
LB Noah Dawkins
CB Lamar Jackson
DL Tanzel Smart
WR Vyncint Smith

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) December 22, 2021

With this many players on the shelf, the league may consider moving the game from Sunday to mid-week as they did last week for clubs who were batting outbreaks.  With this being Wednesday, there is of course the chance for more positives in the coming days.

The post Robert Saleh Tests Positive for Covid, Total of 17 Players Join Coach in Covid Protocols appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

No big loss

• Thumb Down 1

So I just read the other COVID thread. Thank you to Spermie for locking it. Super disappointing.  This thread was started because Glenn wrote an article about the Jets that have COVID. The other thread was about the head coach having COVID.

I am going to leave this open because it is a thread that impacts the Jets on the field. They could be without a lot of players, the game could even be postponed.

Anyhow two things I want to mention.

1. Even though this thread is only for talking about how this impacts the Jets on the field, people won't listen and this will get locked anyway.

2. Heads up to the mods, just ban anyone that doesn't listen and gets political or whatever we are calling the COVID conversations at this point. 

6 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

After the Denver debacle without a QB last season I wondered if they would keep a QB separate but this is from today:

Also, if you look closely you will see that there are no birds.  

D4B728A9-888F-4DCB-B5A1-DDAE4E0FB3EA.jpeg

According to the new guidance, only one of those guys is super-immune, and that’s………

MIKE WHITE

After almost 24 hours of this awful news it is really starting to hit me hard. While I wish everyone and anyone affected by Covid a speedy recovery and good health first and foremost, selfishly I am so going to miss watching and then debating the game this week. Whether it is played with a totally depleted roster or cancelled it is such a downer. I have come to realize so much stronger over these past Covid years that the NFL (and all sports in general) are such a needed escape. I appreciate it even more in times like this.