Zack Wilson absolutely roasted on Jets Postgame show

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Anyone hear Saleh on with Kay a little while ago? His explanation continues to be a mess. He starts out by saying it’s all his fault (good!), then rehashes the play, says that Zach made the textbook read of the call and technically did what he was supposed to do according to the letter of the law, AND, they’ve run that play before and Zach has made the other call (handing it off) and was “corrected” by the coaches for not following the book. It sounds like he wishes Zach read their minds and gave it to Berrios which is weird. Just get the story straight, Bob. He also says that he feels like he/they won the game, which is stupid. 

Hopefully, Saleh will get better with the media. He’s a rookie, too 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Anyone hear Saleh on with Kay a little while ago? His explanation continues to be a mess. He starts out by saying it’s all his fault (good!), then rehashes the play, says that Zach made the textbook read of the call and technically did what he was supposed to do according to the letter of the law, AND, they’ve run that play before and Zach has made the other call (handing it off) and was “corrected” by the coaches for not following the book. It sounds like he wishes Zach read their minds and gave it to Berrios which is weird. Just get the story straight, Bob. He also says that he feels like he/they won the game, which is stupid. 

Not sure why this came off as a mess.  Seems like Wilson did what the coaches have been drilling into him.  Only problem is that the coaches didn't give him a 'never mind what we told you before, this time forget the sneak'  Saleh obviously regrets the miscommunication because it would've been a touchdown

As Zach matures, he'll hopefully overcome coaching gaffes like this

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

No doubt. And, like all coaches, has an ego. Should have just eaten sh*t from the start and if he has an issue with Zach on the play, deal with it behind closed doors. It’s a shame this has become a story on a day that should be all positives for Wilson

Yea agreed. I don't think it was meant as an egregious comment, sounds like he was speaking openly, the NY Media just ran with it cause they know it is polarizing

#BoycottTheBeat

No doubt. And, like all coaches, has an ego. Should have just eaten sh*t from the start and if he has an issue with Zach on the play, deal with it behind closed doors. It’s a shame this has become a story on a day that should be all positives for Wilson

It's the type of stuff that happens to this franchise over and over again. Stupid BS that shouldn't even be an issue becomes an issue. I'm just glad this play happened when we were 4-11 instead of playing for a division title or something. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Legit analysis and critique is good. Bart Scott not doing his homework and going rogue to try and be the next Shannon Sharpe makes for a crappy show. Scott’s takes on ESPN radio are dreadfully bad most of the time. He puts in less with than Mike at the end.

I don’t live in NY so I didn’t see the game or post game show. I’m going off what I read here.

From what I understand the entire panel felt the same way Scott did? There’s a video posted here from @Barry McCockinner where Douzable is saying the same thing about Wilson as Bart did, yet everyone here is blasting Scott.

Like I said, I didn’t see the show, I just think it’s telling all three analysts seemed to agree on the same take. Is it possible they’re all just making s**t up?

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s playing chess with you Tommy. 

Willie Colon was just WFAN talking with Craig and Evan a more or less retracted most what he said in terms of anything personal towards Zach. He basically called it a bad decision ( which it was). But said they were all just speaking from anger in the moment 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t live in NY so I didn’t see the game or post game show. I’m going off what I read here.

From what I understand the entire panel felt the same way Scott did? There’s a video posted here from @Barry McCockinner where Douzable is saying the same thing about Wilson as Bart did, yet everyone here is blasting Scott.

Like I said, I didn’t see the show, I just think it’s telling all three analysts seemed to agree on the same take. Is it possible they’re all just making s**t up?

It’s not making sh*t up. 

Its mob mentality by some dudes that don’t personally like the QB. 

I HOPE it’s just because none of them wanted to draft Zach. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Media tends to protect media, but the SNY guys are getting lit up or left to twist in the wind by everyone else.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Willie Colon was just WFAN talking with Craig and Evan a more or less retracted most what he said in terms of anything personal towards Zach. He basically called it a bad decision ( which it was). But said they were all just speaking from anger in the moment 

It would be tough to do that job right after a game.

Respect to Willie Colon for being real in a day when doubling down is all the rage. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Douzable started it off. Bart Scott took it further and crossed the line making it personal. As I said in this thread yesterday, it was if Scott was trying to get fired. It was bizarre.

He also called ZW "arrogant" which may be the case, but I sort of want my QB to be a little arrogant. Not to a point of detriment, but you need an ego at that position, imo.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

The reason why this is going on is because there is a certain faction of this "fanbase" that literally and figuratively hates Zach Wilson.

The first narrative has been perpetuated for months (the first month warranted but way over the top because some dudes never wanted Zach and were going to dump on him at any and every chance (even in the Lasagna Forum discussing whether beschamel is an appropriate level in traditional lasagna) and they researched a veritable MOUNTAIN of evidence and statz that a QB with Wilson't first 4 games would NEVER be a franchise QB and was, in fact, the worst QB in NFL history.

Then when he started to improve week by week the narrative changed from "stop playing hero ball--manage the game" to "we spent a 2nd round pick on a game manager?!?"

Now that Zach looks to have turned the corner, went head to head with one of the greatest QBs in NFL history against the reignining SB champs with a roster bereft of talent and then further destroyed by injury, the narrative changes again.

Zach is selfish, he's not a leader, Bart Scott has friends inside the Ravens where Mosely played 4 years ago and friends inside the Jets lockerroom (debateable he has any contacts inside the building) who is telling him his teammates don't like him, remember BYU when no one came to his birthday party blahblahblah.

It's just the never ending spin by some dudes trying desperately to stir the pot.

It's fine--Zach will be the QB here for many years to come.  

Well I suppose this does at least help clarify your side of the nonsensical narrative that has nothing to do with that one play.

9 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Esiason's take on this (for whatever that is worth), is that the play caller needs to communicate to Zach that the "option" for this play CANNOT be used. DO NOT SWITCH THE PLAYAT THE LINE.

He said that young players have to be told that, and that Wyche had a system with him in conveying that message.

Also said that Saleh seemed very earnest in the critique of the staff, and that is where the blame lies.

Again, for whatever that is worth.

It’s worth a lot , neither of the 3 guys we are talking about could shine Boomers shoes in his prime …and he played the position, he’s also been very hard on ZW all year but not cheap and dirty like Scott. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Not employed by the Jets. He’s a loud personality pure and simple. 

He is employed by the Jets. Although I’m gonna guess not for very long. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The former Jets linebacker who is currently employed by the Jets’ affiliate radio station and television network has no contacts inside the building, but a pack of jabronis on a football message board have the proper information. 

Who would he have contacts with inside? He didn’t play with anyone. He has no connection to anyone. 

I remember like 2 or 3 years ago Bart was on his then WFAN show and went on a rant on Nathan Shepherd. He went off on how the entire team hates him, was one of the most hated players in the league etc. Was very random. He’s stuck around in the Jets so who the he’ll knows what he was talking about. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I remember like 2 or 3 years ago Bart was on his then WFAN show and went on a rant on Nathan Shepherd. He went off on how the entire team hates him, was one of the most hated players in the league etc. Was very random. He’s stuck around in the Jets so who the he’ll knows what he was talking about. 

Maybe he had Nathan confused with Dax Shephard?

• Haha 2

The coaches failed to provide zach with clear instructions and zach made a bad decision. I think the only concern is will they learn from this, or will they repeat their mistakes. 

As to the SNY postgame commentators’ view that Zach wanted to be the “hero” by calling his own number on a QB sneak, that is just plain stupid. There isn’t a QB on the planet who equates a QB sneak with being a hero. If they said Zach had too much confidence in himself and should have trusted Berrios to make the play, that would at least make sense.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The coaches failed to provide zach with clear instructions and zach made a bad decision. I think the only concern is will they learn from this, or will they repeat their mistakes. 

As to the SNY postgame commentators’ view that Zach wanted to be the “hero” by calling his own number on a QB sneak, that is just plain stupid. There isn’t a QB on the planet who equates a QB sneak with being a hero. If they said Zach had too much confidence in himself and should have trusted Berrios to make the play, that would at least make sense.

I think it was an accident waiting to happen.  

Zach has been drilled to trust his eyes and follow his assignments without question.  

LeFluer called the play assuming Zach would realize he should ignore his first instruction.  

Good learning experience for all and the Jets keep the better draft pick.  Not the worst outcome.  

• Upvote 4

On 1/2/2022 at 5:56 PM, ryu79 said:

Alka must have tuned out early. This absolutely happened. 

I did tune out early, so I don't know what was said after I shut it off.   However, what I did see was both Willie and Douzable talk very highly of Zach's performance, and both acknowledged that he made a big leap forward.  

I believe that we need to see the entire show, and not edit what was said that is not in its entirety.

If they knocked Zach after I turned it off, then they did a complete 180% turn after I shut it off.

33 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He had a bad experience in a box factory.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

He is employed by the Jets. Although I’m gonna guess not for very long. 

I do not believe that is the case.

He is employed by ESPN (radio) and SNY.

SNY is owned by the Wilpon's/Sterling Equities, which has no affiliation with the Jets other than programming.  

The Jets have no say in whether he is on air or not.  

37 minutes ago, Alka said:

I did tune out early, so I don't know what was said after I shut it off.   However, what I did see was both Willie and Douzable talk very highly of Zach's performance, and both acknowledged that he made a big leap forward.  

I believe that we need to see the entire show, and not edit what was said that is not in its entirety.

If they knocked Zach after I turned it off, then they did a complete 180% turn after I shut it off.

Yes they praised the hell out of him early on and only went off on him when they saw he called his own number........Colon and Douzable spoke of how he progressed and looked comfortable in the pocket....Douzable also said that Zach was hurt again by drops and could have had close to 300 yards........

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I do not believe that is the case.

He is employed by ESPN (radio) and SNY.

SNY is owned by the Wilpon's/Sterling Equities, which has no affiliation with the Jets other than programming.  

The Jets have no say in whether he is on air or not.  

Not included in the Mets deal? 

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Nope. 

Cohen only bought 95% of the Mets but none of SNY.  The Wilpon's still own 5% of the Mets and are hanging onto SNY but are exploring selling.  Rumors are Cohen will buy a controlling share in due time.

Really hard to get rid of them after all...

On 1/2/2022 at 4:49 PM, WowOhWow said:

Meanwhile - the kid is going to wind up being better than all three of those dudes combined.  WTF with the Zach hate.  From my view he's done what we've all wanted him to do...gotten better.  Truth is, the only reason to watch these games is Zach.  The defense is absolutely atrocious.

They should be getting on Saleh for his dumb decision, not Zach.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alka said:

That's exactly what happened. 

3 hours ago, Gibby said:

Good for Willie. I've been let down that Leger - who I think is a decent guy that has a future hasn't done the same and is acting like he didn't start it. 

• Upvote 1