Washington Football Team will unveil new name on 2-2-22

1 hour ago, faba said:

hah yeah why name them presidents- everyone will hate you

Would be interesting to see the logo they come up with. Mount Rushmore? Nope, I think they think that's offensive now because of who is on it... Maybe a picture of the White House????

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

It is down to Armada, Brigade, Commanders, Defenders, Presidents, and RedHogs.

I'm going with RedHogs. They keep the "R" and have the Hogs as part of their history. I think RedHogs is a pretty good choice. 

Which name do you think it will be?

If the date of the announcement means anything…The Deuces is my guess.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

The bigger question is how many days before 2/2/22 will the logo and name be leaked?

A few days after Indiana is renamed to Native Americana and the state item is established as the snowflake.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

At the selection meeting ... 

Armada sounds too militaristic and a little bit racists. Brigade sounds too imperialistic. Commander is dripping with toxic masculinity. Defenders assumes someone in the scenario is weak and needs defending, and we all know there is always a question as to whether the Defender was actually the Aggressor.  Presidents? - nah - half the country always hates the President.  So, RedHogs it is! Anyone know what a RedHog is? No. Well, isn't that the sheer beauty of it. How can anyone be upset at a made up name for something that has never existed.

Frankly I'd have gone with Footy McFootball Team.

This is awesome!! I am literally laughing out loud! Thank you

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I would have gone with the Washington Goodells with a big, goofy Roger Goodell stuffed-head mascot and make Goodell throw me out of the league. 

I would go with Armada and then make the logo an actual Nissan Armada but I think I'm the only person on the planet that would find that funny.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The Foreskins. Pink like the hogs. Half of their old name.

I hate that franchise and their fans, so I am rooting for the worst name possible. Snyderbastards. Napoleans. Dingleberries. Skidmarks. Rectal Examiners. Pus Suckers. Fist *uckers.

Whatever.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

How about screw this PC bullsh*t and call them the Washington Redskins.  

As much as I hate word policing and woke nonsense, I take no issue with renaming a team based on a color of skin. It was considered a pejorative in 1863 because of the name being used in the context of a manhunt. 

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

With that said, I got my rent money on the "Hogs" laying 6.5. Betting against the NYG and Fromm more than anything.

After the last two weeks, I'm gonna take a little sprinkle on an anytime TD for Washington's defense.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Frankly I'd have gone with Footy McFootball Team.

I'd be down with it just for the rioting that occurs at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium when the Brits realize that they've come to watch the wrong sport.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

I'm in awe seeing Americans thinking that this is normal lol

I live in Australia and I can't imagine an organisation using an Aboriginal man charicature as a mascot. 

This looks perfectly normal to me.

GZOOPuH.jpg

• Haha 2