Mekhi Becton changes his Twitter handle to “Big Bust 77”

10 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

Whatever motivates him is fine by me. I love that being active on Twitter is triggering half the fan base.

It's amazing that everyone under the age of 45 takes twitter posts so seriously.  

It's actually quite funny and sad at the same time. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I don’t see anything wrong with this as long as it truly is a joke and doesn’t really bother him.

yup.  But let's not forget that to most, twitter posts are their major source for world info.  LOL.

I'm by no means a psychologist, it just shows me a sign of immaturity.  He probably had no trouble playing this game as a kid, high school and college and now is in the big boy league and doesn't quite know how to handle negativity on and off the field.  My advice to him..."Wake up Becton and die right"...if you don't, that new twitter handle may become a reality.  

• Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Lol it really is pathetic.

”B-But Mekhi, you can’t call yourself Big Bust 77!  That’s embracing the bust!”

It’s the name of his account that gets bombarded by people calling him a bust daily.  Literally nothing wrong with it.  It’s called a joke.  As usual, this place reeks of overreactions.

^ Thank you.

The way this board overreacts to EVERYTHING is comical.  Particularly twitter nonsense.. as if it's important.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

The true divide on this board is between the people who got it and the ones who didn't

OK, the true test: Can you name the 3 accounts who were central to the powershot incident? (2 of the accounts were the same person using an alt) 

3 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

OK, the true test: Can you name the 3 accounts who were central to the powershot incident? (2 of the accounts were the same person using an alt) 

Way too many brain cells burned between now and then.  Plus the early onset dementia is a bitch.

• Haha 1

No way to evaluate this because there is no way to know what is going through his head.  He may be coming unglued, or he may be having poorly executed dig on the trolls.  

My objections to drafting him had nothing to do with his personality or maturity level.  I felt it was an unconventional pick and I had concerns with his lack of real pass blocking work.  Once the Jets made the pick, although I didn't think it was a safe pick, I felt it was really exciting considering his size and potential.  First year looked good. 

There was no real sign of maturity or commitment issues until a Jets coach said to the media that Becton's head wasn't right.  Then we get multiple reports like this one below.

https://heavy.com/sports/new-york-jets/becton-insider-jets-issues/

Time to stop slamming Becton.  

We've all heard the line... No such thing as bad student.  Only bad teacher.

The Jets have a player with great potential and he needs proper coaching and guidance.

This is ALL on the Jets coaching staff.

If Becton fails, it is because THEY FAILED.

Let's target the Jets coaches.  They are failing Becton.  

Look what they let him do on Twitter.  Don't they take any accountability over their players ??? Coaching does not end at the weight room.  

Look how the Jets CS is flushing their first round draft pick down the spout.

This is what happens when you have a bunch of old farts on a message board who don't understand how Twitter engagements work. Becton is literally trolling all of you. The more attention he gets, the better for his social media "brand". I don't think a 6ft 5, 350 pound millionaire actually gives a crap about what 56 year old Vinny from Yonkers thinks of him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Trolling but he needs to cut it out and put the blinders on. On the other hand, that loud minority on Jets Twitter bashing him every day is embarrassing

10 hours ago, Jet25 said:

It seems he's trolling the haters

7 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The negativity toward this kid is kind of bizarre. You guys are all adults, right? 

I'm glad he's motivated. Big year for him.

^ Best posts in an otherwise typically dumb JN Becton thread.

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

^ Thank you.

The way this board overreacts to EVERYTHING is comical.  Particularly twitter nonsense.. as if it's important.  

He does himself no favors being on Twitter. He's made himself the new whipping boy for this fanbase like Jamal Adams was. He's his own worst enemy.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

He does himself no favors being on Twitter. He's made himself the new whipping boy for this fanbase like Jamal Adams was. He's his own worst enemy.

The ONLY thing that matters is his performance on the field.  

Oh, you suckers to the "societal importance" of twitter or the "hidden meaning" of an immature 22 year old's (but more of an adolescent) social media handle.  I feel bad for you all.  This means nothing...  absolutely nothing... as to Becton's role on the team.  Only his performance will dictate that.  This entire thread is ridiculous.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, Dcat said:

^ Thank you.

It reminds me of when Conner misquoted Fant about switching sides.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

The ONLY thing that matters is his performance on the field.  

Oh, you suckers to the "societal importance" of twitter or the "hidden meaning" of an immature 22 year old's (but more of an adolescent) social media handle.  I feel bad for you all.  This means nothing...  absolutely nothing... as to Becton's role on the team.  Only his performance will dictate that.  This entire thread is ridiculous.

I agree with your first sentence. Not sure about the rest. I don't troll that immature kid. I've never made one comment to him, unless you count talking about him here, and even on this message board I hardly ever get involved in these ridiculous Becton discussions. The "Big Ticket" needs to shut up and focus on his craft, because he ain't done sh*t at the NFL level. 

• Thumb Down 1